Beefaloooooo song

• Developer

beefalosong.jpg

UPDATE:

Ok. So the song is done! My madness finally sees the light of day. 

Thank you all so much for contributing to this. It really wouldn't be as epic as it is with out all of you.

Here are links to the MP3 and WAV versions of the song. MP3 is really the one for listening to. But I'm putting up the higher quality one to see what you guys will do next. Please remix, cover, do stuff to it. But please nothing commercial and attribute us on it as the original. Basically a Creative Commons license. (Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International to be exact.)

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/public/the_beefalo_song.mp3

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/public/the_beefalo_song.wav

As well an epic music video has been done by Corey. 

ORIGINAL POST:

It's often talked about (by me) but never before seen. The beefalo song. I've had this funny little song in my head for awhile and hear it sung by a huge choir. Now I don't have a huge choir sitting around so here's where all of you come in. I'd like all of you to record yourselves singing along to our little Klei choir and send me that recording. If enough people do it I'll have that epic choir sound I've been after. Once I get all the files from you guys I'll mix it all together into one finished song and share it with everyone.

So a little primer: What I need is a recording of just your voice. If you're comfortable multi-track recording use whatever DAW you like using. Record singing along to the provided track and then mute that on export. Export an MP3 of just your voice. 

If that sounds a bit much go download Audacity. Turn off your speakers and put on a set of headphones and plug in your mic. Drop the provided file into Audacity so you can hear it. Put it into record and sing along. Then delete the provided sound file and export just your recorded voice as an MP3.

Everyone here recorded their pass in one take after only listening to it a couple times. So don't think to hard on it. Just dive in and record.

Come back here reply to this post and attach your audio in MP3 format and I will take care of the rest. For more detailed instructions on submitting your audio file, click the spoiler button

1. When replying to this post click "More Reply Options"
  2. Scroll down and find the "Attach Files" section
  3. Click "Choose File"
  4. Navigate to your file and click "Open"
  5. Once selected choose "Attach This File" if on the basic uploader, if on flash uploader go to the next step.
    1. Note: If you are using the basic uploader, you must choose "Attach this file" before you hit reply or your file will not be added. If you don't see this button, you are on the flash uploader. 
  6. Click "Add Reply"
  •  
  • We will accept submissions from now until January 7th 2016 and I will share our creation with you a few days after that. 

Let's make the Beefalo Song!

Beeeefalooooo!

Beefalo Sing-Along: WAV / MP3

*loooooong yawwwn out of hibernation*

Maaaan, it's been a while since I've been here lol glad to see this place is still bustiling like the old beta days :grin: but a little birdy told me Matt here needed some voices for a Beefalo chant? Oh, I'm totally in on that!  :listening_headphone

Here's my contribution :razz: hope you don't mind the creative input on my end/won't throw off what you plan on doing with it. If it's an issue I can just re-record it, no harm done!

Beefalo_Sing-Along_w00tyd00d.mp3

*loooooong yawwwn out of hibernation*

Maaaan, it's been a while since I've been here lol glad to see this place is still bustiling like the old beta days :grin: but a little birdy told me Matt here needed some voices for a Beefalo chant? Oh, I'm totally in on that!  :listening_headphone

Here's my contribution :razz: hope you don't mind the creative input on my end/won't throw off what you plan on doing with it. If it's an issue I can just re-record it, no harm done!

BEEF!

:listening_headphone

Here's mine.

Give me a shout if you want it re-recorded also, I don't mind. Please don't tell me it's horrible, I don't usually do this  :nightmare:

Cheers to Woot for the count cadence and the idea  :joyous:

disappointed you left out the beefalobeefalobeefalobeefalobeefalobeefalobeefalobeefalobeefalobeefalobeefalo

Archived