Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Early Access FAQ (Updated: 23/03/2016)

JanH

I'm not the only one concerned with how little communication there is between devs and players here am I? Aside from serious bugs seems like our resident Cappy dev isn't replying to anything, we have no roadmap and despite a little over a week now passing since launch there's been no Updates to Shipwrecked that I've seen. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the communcation we've had in the past with Klei's devs with the base game, RoG and DST but this is kind of making me more nervous than hyped.

• Like 1

I'm not the only one concerned with how little communication there is between devs and players here am I? Aside from serious bugs seems like our resident Cappy dev isn't replying to anything, we have no roadmap and despite a little over a week now passing since launch there's been no Updates to Shipwrecked that I've seen. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the communcation we've had in the past with Klei's devs with the base game, RoG and DST but this is kind of making me more nervous than hyped.

Right now, everybody has their heads down as they plug away at the game, sifting through feedback and putting together the first big update for SW before our holiday break. 

This is pretty typical for us. At first there is a lot for us to process and work out and generally little time is spent responding to posts as we work out what needs to be done all while getting that first update out. (which is coming very soon). 

Same things goes for a roadmap. There isn't a whole heck of a lot we can say just yet that hasn't been said in the announcement post on early-access release. Right now, we are working on the stuff that was already planned and putting together a good set of balance changes and bug fixes according to the feedback we have received so far. 

As we have a clearer picture of how things are going, you will see more posts from us because not only do we have more answers, but we have more of an idea of everything we want to do. But until then, you will see the most activity from us before and just after big updates come out because that's frankly when we have more time to devote to posting. 

Both the first big update and more info is coming quite soon.

• Like 16

Tis the holiday season! give em some space I think they're working their butts off and just because they don't reply doesn't mean they don't look at it.

• Like 1

Guys, if you launch Shipwrecked on consoles (in this case, Wii U) can you give it for free to all the people that bought the game before you launch it?

Let me see if I understood you correctly... You're asking if you can have shipwrecked for free because you have the original game?

I got a question, I was playing shipwrecked as walani and i was on day 13. the hounds came, but before they spawned something else did. and the pigs turned hostile, and i thought it was the hounds but i was being hit by literally nothing. when the pigs landed hits the sound the invisible creature made was a horrifying screech. my question is, is this a bug or is it a real creature? if so what can i do to prevent it from spawning or protect myself from it? thanks.

• Developer
2 hours ago, osadat said:

Do I have to purchase this if I already have the game?

Yes, Shipwrecked is a paid DLC currently in Early-Access, as you might or might not have noticed.

You can check it out (and maybe even buy it if you want) on its Steam Page (Assuming you have the Steam version of Don't Starve): Right here! In this clickable sentence!

Edited by ImDaMisterL

• Developer
6 hours ago, Blakest said:

In the new DLC there are new seasons, but in RoG there are also different seasons, if I play RoG w/Shipwrecked What Seasons Will Be Active and can I change it?

Hey there @Blakest, welcome to the forums!

Well, vanilla Don't Starve has 2 seasons: Summer and Winter.

RoG has 2 more seasons: Autumn and Spring.

RoG basically transforms the vanilla's Don't Starve Summer season into Autumn, and makes a completely new Summer season.

Shipwrecked has also 4 seasons, although they have different names and features, they kind of remind us of the RoG season: Mild season (Autumn), Hurricane season (Winter), Monsoon season (Spring), Dry season (Summer).

Right now, a portal to transport you from RoG/Vanilla worlds to Shipwrecked doesn't exist. You either play Vanilla with or without RoG, or you make an only Shipwrecked world. So for now, RoG items won't be seeing any Shipwrecked territory. And its biomes and mobs probably never will, since I don't think Klei/Capy will merge that DLCs contents into the Shipwrecked world (Except items as already mentioned, of course).

I hope that helped and you could understand it. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have!

Edited by ImDaMisterL