Alright, so. Typing this again because it didn't submit the first time. Bwaaa.

Alright. I think I figured out what's wrong.

I just bought the game a couple days ago, and I've been sort of lurking around this community creeping on ya'll. I've been looking for a fitting first post, and I feel like this is the place to put it. I'm at this learning curve in the game where I'm paranoid of everything, knowing that I could die at any moment and anything could kill me. It's pretty entertaining.

So I've seen that a bunch of you guys have these little one-eyed birds that follow you around. My Wilson's paternal instincts were calling and he wanted one for himself. I didn't know, however, that the Tallbirds were such good parents.

Ol' Daddy Wilson.

post-6943-13764590058291_thumb.jpg

Also, I haven't unlocked her yet, but Wendy seems pretty cool. I'm not all too impressed with Willow though. But this game does love some good pigtails let me tell you. So here's a sort of older Wendy I suppose. I just wanted to draw her out. I'm really excited for some more female characters in the full game.

post-6943-13764590058625_thumb.jpg

But yeah. I'm really excited about the direction the game is going in, and this seems like a great community to be in! I've been waiting for a good survival game for many many moons.

Also, I wanted to ask your opinion on a good website to post art to. I started a new Deviantart a while back, because my last one was so old, but I lose interest in it so quickly. Is Tumblr a good place? Or should I stick it out with DA until I get back into it, or somewhere else? Just curious.

Welcome Sock! I think you'll like it here :D

Anyways, I like how you drew Wilson, he looks absolutely terrified!

Art sites? Well I use a few of them, there's Deviantart as you said, from what I gather is pretty good as well (I only recently made a blog that focuses on my Don't Starve art.) There's also Nabyn but since its still in beta it's only accessible through invite.

TL;DR

My input was mostly useless, I say choose based on what site you prefer the layout/features of.

Welcome to the forums. Before I do something stupid, I want to say that I was immediately drawn to your use of texture in Wendy's outfit. I have no idea how you achieved that effect, but it's captivating. I'm petting my screen in adoration. I also like Wilson's face, he looks like he's thinking, 'Why did I take the egg. WHY?'.

Hey! Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the comments so much!

Thinking about it, I see it as his "I'm not in Kansas anymore", or shake-your-fist-towards-the-sky-at-whatever-higher-power-there-is moment. When he's stuck in this weird world with all these messed up creatures, and then he's like "Hey. There's an egg." So he goes over, and grabs it. And then this huge ass bird comes out of nowhere wanting to peck his skull in.

I agree with the DA suggestions. I just need to buck up and keep on trucking in that aspect. I sometimes like the willpower, and need to get better with my focus on making art. I imagine it would be the same for any other website I tried as well.

Toaster Fu

Sorry about the first ones not going through. If you're a new member and you make a really long post it has to be approved by a mod, and it seems all the mods were logged out.:p

It's okay! I think it was that the image sizes were too large. Once I scaled them down it worked fine! All on me haha.

Lee An

Welcome to the forums. Before I do something stupid, I want to say that I was immediately drawn to your use of texture in Wendy's outfit. I have no idea how you achieved that effect, but it's captivating. I'm petting my screen in adoration. I also like Wilson's face, he looks like he's thinking, 'Why did I take the egg. WHY?'.

It's just an overlayed stripes texture! I didn't know it would turn out that nice though, I was really pleased. I've been trying a different shading technique and it just seemed to work out like that. And also, this is what my Wilson is dealing with in-game. And now that he has it, the uncertainty of how this egg hatches is creeping up on him as well. This was much more work then was bargined for.

BarovSoap

You are much better than I could ever hope to be. Her face is hilarious looking though, maybe make it a bit smaller around the jaw?

I don't mean to sound offensive or anything just want to help you improve on it.

I agree it looks kinda funky. The head to me looks too mature and realistic compared to the more cartoony body. I had thought about cropping it so it only showed her upper body and head but then I decided once I added shading and color to it, it may look better. I also think my faces are too long, which may attribute to the jaw trouble.

Yeah, his outfit is a bit different then it is in game. I didn't know that the 1920s was the style of the game, but I do now :) But it was fun to draw him in that clothing regardless. I love some good puffy sleeves. And I've always been given the impression of a steampunk-y feel to it all and I've been dying to draw them in it. Soooonn.

Winklepickers shoes = fabulous.

This is the first world I've found a tallbird in! I thought the pigs would help me out with the whole tallbird chasing me thing, but to no avail. o.o

Thank you, thank you! I've been worried about how I draw him. The girls I started doodling first off, but I wasn't quite sure how I would draw Wilson and still seem the same as his little cartoon-y counterpart. And oh god. I never thought I would imagine this. Or that Wilson was the dominating type. BUT WHO AM I.

MycoLogical

Nice too see another appreciator! I love wearing them but my feet have suffered a bit...

Being a girl, I wouldn't know that suffering. But at least you have that knowledge that you're looking spiffy.

The King Pig

Ah, that Wilson is just doing his job! I sent him to fetch that egg for my village's supper! Looks tasty!

I hope he got some gold nuggets for this.