Caves Beta - November 5th Update

• Developer

We've mostly been working on backend and infrastructure, but a few new things heading out today.

Build: 155462 

Changes

• The rest of the stuff in the caves is hauntable.

• More collection items have been added.

Bug Fixes:

• Survival mode sanity drain will now check for ghosts on all shards
  • Occasional crash when moving inventory items around.

As always, you can get in on the fun by following the instructions here:

http://forums.kleien...ta/#entry673404

The end of caves beta is getting closer and clothser.

The end of caves beta is getting closer and clothser.

Does this mean that after the caves beta is done we can host a regular caves server without the need of a multi-layer dedicated server?  :livid:

Also will that finally put DST out of beta status?  

@Ipsquiggle, the crash with birchnuts is still there when the componentsactions, being nil. I don't know if it's related specifically to mods or if it's in the actual game, but it only happens when picking up birchnuts from evil birchnut trees.

Its the detailed tooltips MOD.

After me deleting it from my mods it works like a charm!

Does this mean that after the caves beta is done we can host a regular caves server without the need of a multi-layer dedicated server? :livid:

Also will that finally put DST out of beta status?

They actually stated somewhere on the forums that they've got something to show us about that very topic soon! :D

• Developer

@Ipsquiggle, the crash with birchnuts is still there when the componentsactions, being nil. I don't know if it's related specifically to mods or if it's in the actual game, but it only happens when picking up birchnuts from evil birchnut trees.

Good to know. Haven't had a chance to check on this one yet but mentioning it helps me prioritize. :)

Woodie doesn't change into werebeaver form underground during the full moon.

No one can see the moon from under the earth....  :spidercowers:

Woodie... sometimes turns invisible to other players.

Do you recall any specific situations or actions where this was happening?

Just generally roaming about, picking through ice boxes, the usual.  I could see where he was by his levitating backpack and beefalo hat.  He became visible again after logging out & back in.

It might have started with resurrecting with a meat effigy, but now I can't remember if that was Woodie or someone else playing Wickerbottom.  Anyhow, the meat effigy sometimes turns invisible while a player resurrects from it, so the revived player seems to break out of nothing.

I don't know why I never think to take screenshots when weird things happen.

I've seen the woodie being invisible occur a couple of ways, something about dying on the full moon will cause woodie to be invisible, while logging out as werebeaver caused only the werebeaver to be invisible upon relogging. I don't know if there's any other ways for it to occur or not.

I've seen the woodie being invisible occur a couple of ways, something about dying on the full moon will cause woodie to be invisible, while logging out as werebeaver caused only the werebeaver to be invisible upon relogging. I don't know if there's any other ways for it to occur or not.

Err, don't know.

I can confirm, encountered same thing myself.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Everyone is in caves, overworld is empty.

2. Dead person comes to overworld, world resets.

3. After reset ghost sign stays forever in caves.

Archived