Don't Starve: Resumptus

2 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

My theory on why Charlie was turned into the Grue is because it would break Maxwell further, but I'm curious, what are your theories?

I like to think it went a little something like this:

"Hah! We caught the foolish magician at last!"

"Wait, who's this female?"

"Oh crap, she wasn't supposed to be here. What do we do with her?"

"Idk. Let's turn her into a monster or something."

"Sounds cool."

"k."

And thus the Grue was born. *bows*

• Like 7

I think it's because Charlie knew too much.  We see in the eight William Carter puzzle that she finds his secret room and reads all about Them, in response to which they try to kill her.  However, Maxwell manages to cast a spell which drives Them off and saves her life.  At least, for a while; when their last performance creates a portal into another world, they finally get a hold on her, and turn her into something totally incomprehensible to the human eye.  Therefore, she can never spill the beans.  I also assume the audience was taken as well, and they created all the setpieces (and corpses) littered around the world.  To keep anything from getting out, They caused an earthquake which destroyed huge amounts of the city, so the disappearance of everyone they took was blamed on that.

Wow, that got a bit off-track...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Wait, but then who is the current Grue? Hmm...

*insert a good theory I haven't thought of here*

Most likely people from past kings/queens. The current king hasn't been very resistant to the influence of the shadows.

Edited by Quoth143

13 minutes ago, Lord_Battal said:

I think it's because Charlie knew too much.  We see in the eight William Carter puzzle that she finds his secret room and reads all about Them, in response to which they try to kill her.  However, Maxwell manages to cast a spell which drives Them off and saves her life.  At least, for a while; when their last performance creates a portal into another world, they finally get a hold on her, and turn her into something totally incomprehensible to the human eye.  Therefore, she can never spill the beans.  I also assume the audience was taken as well, and they created all the setpieces (and corpses) littered around the world.  To keep anything from getting out, They caused an earthquake which destroyed huge amounts of the city, so the disappearance of everyone they took was blamed on that.

Wow, that got a bit off-track...

I thought that too about the audience. There's no way that it was just Charlie and Maxwell taken. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

I thought that too about the audience. There's no way that it was just Charlie and Maxwell taken. 

What if that's how the grue is everywhere at once, and Charlie's the leader because she had knowledge about what They actually were

• Like 1

Oh, I wonder how the survivors will react to this bedtime story!

Best possible reaction:

Spoiler

It's not your fault Wilson

Most likely reaction:

Spoiler

Omargerdh I cannot believe you were hiding those extremely unbelievable and crazy facts from us and I don't even try to empathise with your position and how insane you would have seemed if you had told us sooner. Get lost! We'll just do some random sacrifice and everything will be alright. Yeah!

Needless to say, the second one is boiled down to the essential statements.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

It was hot last night Wilson, you should be happy he at least kept his underwear on. 

(Hope everyone had a happy Easter!)

WTF @Quoth143 XD

Love the drawing :Dbut now I have to play some games to stop thinking about the implications of any of the female characters or male, I don't judge *cough* wes *cough* or wolfgang *cough* seeing Albert Naked XD thanks a lot! XD

• Like 1

watricia.png

It's too bad Watricia had been scrapped. I kind of wish we could've gotten to see some concept art of her. By the sounds of it, she was going to be a mail carrier and Rawling was going to be an item exclusive to her. She was probably going to be similar to Woodie in that Rawling would talk to her.

• Like 9