Don't Starve: Resumptus

the gardener.png

Some sketches of Jack Carter more in the style of Don’t Starve.

Flowers seem to be a running theme with anyone associated with William Carter (Abigail, Wendy, Charlie, Maxwell/William himself) so I figured I’d make Jack Carter a gardener. 

Jack Carter: The Gardener

“I have become withered and wilted…”

Health: 120 (I imagine him an old man in the game so his health is lower)

Hunger: 175

Sanity: 100

Perks:

Comes with his old straw hat.

Knows gardening

Is slow. 

Gains sanity from farming and normal flowers provide a higher sanity boost than the other characters. Evil flowers take away more sanity than the other characters.

Skins: 

Shadow: 

“I will paint this land’s roses red.” (Better hope your name’s not Maxwell)

Young:

“This poor man does not know what will befall him.”

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Quoth143 said:

Comes with his old straw hat.

Knows gardening

Is slow. 

:D

1. Does the straw have infinite durability?
  2. Also, it looks like it has a flower... does it regen sanity too?
  3. Is it craftable?
  4. Gardening... can he craft farm plots without science machines/alchemy engines?
  5. How slow is he?

9 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

:D

1. Does the straw have infinite durability?
  2. Also, it looks like it has a flower... does it regen sanity too?
  3. Is it craftable?
  4. Gardening... can he craft farm plots without science machines/alchemy engines?
  5. How slow is he?

1. Yes and provides as much shade as an umbrella but the same amount of dryness as a regular straw hat.

2. Nope. That's just there for decoration.

3. In DST, yes it would be. It would require a straw hat, 1 silk, and 3 petals. 

4. Yes he can as well as a shovel and the bucket-o-poop.

5. About as slow as you would be wearing marble armor. A walking cane and paths are recommended.  

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 2

rook.png

The Rook: Forever Frozen: their tragedy was their natural affinity for magic.bishop.png

The Bishop: Forever Mourning: his tragedy was the loss of those dearest to him.

knight 2.png

The Knight: Forever Loyal: his tragedy is his loyalty to those he cares for.

• Like 9

old bell.png

There’s a theory going around that Charlie and Wilson know each other somehow, and I gotta say, watching the New Reign video, it kind of seems like that. So of course my brain had to hatch something that had to do with the Higgsbury grandparents.

Charlie came to San Francisco to start a life for herself and needed a room and a job. After some searching, she came across an ad for a maid needed at the Higgsbury mansion. Many maids did not last long due to the rather eccentric lifestyle of the mysterious retired couple led but it did not stop Charlie, it only fueled her curiosity about the Higgsbury’s on Heather Hill.

She met Wilson Albert Higgsbury, a friendly and very lively man for his age who greeted Charlie with a bright pink rose from the garden and tea and cookies; then she met his wife, Helen Higgsbury; A woman whose presence offered both intimidation and a sense of regality that she made the small woman feel smaller in her presence. Charlie got the job and was even given a room on the Higgsbury estate. 

The rumors of the Higgsbury’s eccentric lifestyle seemed to have been proven true as the house was decorated with strange artifacts such as hunched over gargoyle life statues, masks from far away lands, pictures of odd looking creatures, and of course the odd architecture that resembled that of an old castle somewhere in Eastern Europe. Not only that, but she had been given clear instructions to never set foot in certain rooms with doors that had a tree carved into the wood under any circumstances. All of this only fueled Charlie’s curious demeanor and her sense of imagination.

One day, while tidying up the parlor room, Charlie happened upon a large silver bell sitting on the mantle of the fireplace. Just as she was about to take a closer look, a voice cut through the quiet air, startling her. 

“Beautiful, yes?” Helen asked. Charlie nodded, startled by the woman’s sudden appearance. Helen approached the bell and took hold of it, allowing Charlie to take a closer look. 

“It is a relic from my old home, a beautiful island in the north east. These bells are meant to be used as a signal for comrades for when you need help. There are others, some meant to call upon protection from the deities of the people, and some meant to bring good spirits to the streets.”

Suddenly, Helen became less intimidating and more of a kind hearted grandmother as she served tea while telling Charlie stories of the various decorations that decorated her home and reminiscing on her days back in her old home. At the same time, there was a twinge of sadness within her musings. 

“If you don’t mind me asking, do you visit the city sometimes?” Charlie asked. Helen only looked down at the bell and sighed in sadness. 

“There is nothing to go back to.” Helen said. Charlie understood and decided not to press the issue further.

A week later Helen informed Charlie that her grandsons will be coming to visit for the next few months as their parents went abroad. 

• Like 7