Smells Like Post - Undertale Thread

Morgan17

I CANT I GIVE UP IM GOING ON A FELLS TRIP

I stopped my genocide run. I've killed Toriel, I've killed Papyrus, I've even killed Undyne. Muffet stopped my genocide run to a screeching halt, yes, Muffet. After killing Muffet, I got my 300 xp. But I got 0 gold. That's when I realized something, Muffet has no money. She wasn't greedy, she was just trying to take care of her spiders. I reset right there and then.

I CANT I GIVE UP IM GOING ON A FELLS TRIP

I stopped my genocide run. I've killed Toriel, I've killed Papyrus, I've even killed Undyne. Muffet stopped my genocide run to a screeching halt, yes, Muffet. After killing Muffet, I got my 300 xp. But I got 0 gold. That's when I realized something, Muffet has no money. She wasn't greedy, she was just trying to take care of her spiders. I reset right there and then.

You shouldve kept going.

You shouldve kept going.

Nah. I tried to do a genocide run and killed everyone, in the end I almost had a bad time, almost. No matter if I killed all the main characters, I couldn't trigger the kill counter at every zone so I just got a really sad ending. After that I downloaded a save game before Sans fight and finished what I've started. All I got is regret.

*You can feel your sins crawling on your back.

I still don't understand why people have to make such a big deal over the genocide route. They're not real people. They're video game characters. So quit getting your britches in a bunch over a simple gamemode in a video game.

Genocide is not that big of a deal when you can do a true pacifist run again(which is possible btw)

You can but the ending will be altered.

If you do a genocide run and then do a true pacifist run, two endings are possible. The one where you don't stay with Toriel, you see a picture of everyone crossed out(probably Chara has taken control of Frisk's body and killed them all) or when you stay with Toriel after the latter leaves a piece of pie before leaving the room, after four seconds they will turn over in bed in the final scene and face the camera to reveal Chara with red eyes having take full possession of Frisk and a lower pitched version of Flowey's laugh will play.GenoEnd.gif

You can but the ending will be altered.

If you do a genocide run and then do a true pacifist run, two endings are possible. The one where you don't stay with Toriel, you see a picture of everyone crossed out(probably Chara has taken control of Frisk's body and killed them all) or when you stay with Toriel after the latter leaves a piece of pie before leaving the room, after four seconds they will turn over in bed in the final scene and face the camera to reveal Chara with red eyes having take full possession of Frisk and a lower pitched version of Flowey's laugh will play.GenoEnd.gif

delete the save file, not resetting it, delete the whole thing, reinstall the game

I still don't understand why people have to make such a big deal over the genocide route. They're not real people. They're video game characters. So quit getting your britches in a bunch over a simple gamemode in a video game.

People make such a big deal out of it because it doesn't feel like they're not real people. If you get bored one day and slaughter an entire town in Skyrim no one bats and eye, and they may even find it amusing depending on the situation. After all, why should you care? They're just a bunch of stupid NPCs and you can just reload a previous save file, returning everything to the way it was before and no one will remember. You never feel the consequences of such heinous actions. 

But in this game, the monsters feel real. Everyone is so quirky and unique yet you feel like it's someone you could meet in real life and hang out with and have a good time; they may even remind you of people you actually know. Even the shop keepers, who you spend very little time with, have personalities you can connect with and you feel like they're real people. And because you spend time and grow attached to these characters who value the lives of their fellow monsters so much, you value them too. Because they feel like real people, it feels like you're killing real people. You see and feel the consequences of your actions, good or bad, even when you reset. 

This is, in my opinion, is what the game was trying to do. It was trying to address the justification of doing these horrible, horrible things because they're not real people and you were bored. You even feel guilty for resetting after getting the good ending, because everyone is finally happy after waiting so long, and you just rip that away from them because you're bored and want to play again or get all the different ending or whatever. Even if most of them mostly forget, you can feel your sins crawling on your back...

Archived