All of The Characters Are Acts in The Circus!

I'm not sure if this has been noticed before, if I'm the first to notice this, or if I just went full stupid for a couple of minutes but I just realized something. All of the characters are acts in a circus, what I mean by this is Wilson is that crazy guy that shows off all of his weird sciency what-not, Wolfgang is the guy with insane strength. I know this has been theorized before with the William Carter puzzles, but I have something to add that makes it even more believable. What is the first thing you see about an act at the circus? A huge painted sign of the act with the acts name written on a banner.

post-346604-0-91533000-1437537705_thumb.

Seem familiar? Also at the circus what do people say to reel you into the show. "Come one and all and The Soulless Automation, charged with lightning and upgraded with gears!" 

post-346604-0-73266700-1437537730_thumb.

I think you get it if this wasn't noticed before.

My theory, maxwell is using a bunch of circus freaks as tools to save himself and his girlfriend from a freak magic accident that forced him into a very scary puppet show. 

(If this was already known please don't make me feel like an idiot too much :p)

Cool grammar bro

Grammar Nazi please.

And to reply to the article, yeah, the names are all like circus names.

"The Gentleman Scientist"

"The Firestarter"

"The Strongman"

"The Silent"

They're all names from circus acts. I see that. But Maxwell couldn't be the one behind it all really, sure he is the Puppet Master, but he's not the one in full control of the strings according to Klei.

I'll just give a refresher I guess.

Maxwell was William Carter. During a train crash on his' way to visit his' brother, Jack, in California, the train crashed. He was reported missing, and while he was "Missing", he finds a book. The book is a codex umbra, a book that lets him manipulate shadows. The shadows range from terrorbeaks, to even magical relics. Where he got this book is unknown (could be a civilization in ruins, or a cave with the book next to a skeleton, but I prefer the latter). Shadow beings (which we know as the watchers), start hunting down William, now going by a stage name "The Amazing Maxwell" with his' assistant, Charlie. They eventually get pulled into another dimension, the DS Dimension from what we know.

So, it's that Shadow Watchers are a force to be reckoned with, but only by Maxwell and Charlie.

Grammar Nazi please.

"The Firestarter"

"The Strongman"

"The Silent"

They're all names from circus acts. I see that. But Maxwell couldn't be the one behind it all really, sure he is the Puppet Master, but he's not the one in full control of the strings according to Klei.

Maxwell was William Carter. During a train crash on his' way to visit his' brother, Jack, in California, the train crashed. He was reported missing, and while he was "Missing", he finds a book. The book is a codex umbra, a book that lets him manipulate shadows. The shadows range from terrorbeaks, to even magical relics. Where he got this book is unknown (could be a civilization in ruins, or a cave with the book next to a skeleton, but I prefer the latter). Shadow beings (which we know as the watchers), start hunting down William, now going by a stage name "The Amazing Maxwell" with his' assistant, Charlie. They eventually get pulled into another dimension, the DS Dimension from what we know.

So, it's that Shadow Watchers are a force to be reckoned with, but only by Maxwell and Charlie.

English is not even my first language,but i just keep grammar nazi-ing people

But then what is wendy?What is webber ?

What is wigfrid?And how about wickerbottom

Not good lore,not good

But then what is wendy?What is webber ?

What is wigfrid?And how about wickerbottom

Not good lore,not good

Actually, it's all documented on the DS wiki. So are the nicknames of each character. It's probably best to go there and see their names. Those I remember off the top of my head.

And the puzzles also are up on the wiki, too. I recommend if you want to understand the story, go there if you want to see the lore.

Nothing really new TBH, it's a known theory that all the characters were brought to the DS world by Maxwell in order to entertain Them, possibly as revenge for Maxwell pulling shadows out of Their dimension for his magic shows and abusing the shadow creature's magic in general. Maxwell is the puppet master, the DS characters are his puppets, and the DS world is his stage.

The whole circus thing is a bit new but the concept of the DS characters being part of some entertainment show isn't.

Grammar Nazi please.

"The Firestarter"

"The Strongman"

"The Silent"

I saw an amazing theory that Klei themselves are the ones behind everything. They put Maxwell in the world, they forced him into the chair and they are the ones creating every enemy we know. It also makes sense too, as they are always watching... Wait, that would me we are also behind it as we have helped Klei create this game by giving them ideas. O.O EVERYBODY DELETE DON'T STARVE!

"I" should be capital letter.
Should it?
Yeah. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it should be like that.

You are correct, all singular I's in the English language get capitalized. Why you ask? Simply put it's because I is secretly a symbol for a lighthouse and how to must be the guiding factor of the sentence(s) in order to maintain the inner peace of the words. 

Why did I type this.

u can grammer corect peoples some other location, plis and i tanks you.
man, I just love your modding posts.

I am quite sure it has been shown through the puzzles that Wolfgang and Wex were part of a circus thing with which Maxwell travelled with. I'm guessing Wigfrid worked at some theather.

I preffer to think that every character is somehow related to an art form. Wigfrid is the embodyment of Theater, Wickerbottom is related to literature, Wendy is poetry, Wilson is.... Science? Webber.... is a something from a freak show, I guess.... Is that even art? And where is my Gamer character? Yeah, my theory doesn't make sense. They're all 1950's entertainment(except Wilson, cuz his a boring chap).

Webber is the dog crap that you step on while strolling around the circus' facilities.

post-53948-Shia-LaBeouf-Citizen-Kane-slo Much funny.

To correct you, Webber is actually a little kid trapped in a spider. It was eaten, I'm calling Webber an it because it wasn't specified as a boy or girl.

Now don't call Webber names you... you... you... horrible excuse for a wizard.

post-53948-Shia-LaBeouf-Citizen-Kane-slo Much funny.

To correct you, Webber is actually a little kid trapped in a spider. It was eaten, I'm calling Webber an it because it wasn't specified as a boy or girl.

Now don't call Webber names you... you... you... horrible excuse for a wizard.

When you say this do you mean webber is a kid wearing spider skin or webber is a kid/spider monster. I like the second better, the first is gross.

When you say this do you mean webber is a kid wearing spider skin or webber is a kid/spider monster. I like the second better, the first is gross.
Webber seems to be The Simbiotic(or some other fancy name). They often call themselves we, and seem to have a split mind. They are probably both the Spider and the kid devoured by it. 

Archived