Guess which is the hardest "Giant" to fight now...

So, I just went into a dedicated server, played for a while. After a long time, when Spring came, I got into a fight with a Gmoose. She laid 2 eggs, because there were two nests nearby (there was another Gmoose in another place completely as well, however this is irrelevant to what happened). So I got prepared, got enough gold and rocks to make like 12 or so helmets for me and two other players, plus some weapons and idk about them, but I had 3 Honey Hams with me for healing items and food. Gmoose had wrecked a lot of Beefalo which were nearby (beefalo were set to more on that server). While fighting the Gmoose, a frog rain started. I thought to myself: "Wow, what a good timing!" and the Gmoose started killing frogs, which in the end killed her. Now. Since she had layed two eggs, there was like 12 Mosslings, which then started to rage at the frogs, and just rekt the frogs one by one. I did not know that almost all if not all Mosslings were still alive and when I attacked one, I tried to kill it, while the other ones came at me, like 9 or 10 of them and they all tanked at me that I was destined to die. It wouldn't matter how much health, armour, healing items, weaponry I had; they got me trapped in place because the timing of their damage was one after another. I was stuck in place! This is an impossible task even for 3 players and a whole bunch of fogs raining from the sky to deal with! They are impossible to kill once their mother is dead and if she has laid 2 eggs. If 1 egg is laid, it's even trivial for 1 player, but if it's 2 eggs laid with 12 Mosslings, this is gonna be impossible once the eggs have been laid and hatched! Harder than to kill Dragonfly and her Larvae! So the hardest things to kill aren't a giant at all; they're Mosslings, harder to kill than their own mother.

Mosslings are IMPOSSIBLE to kill if two nests or more are nearby! They need to be nerfed and the Gmoose needs buffs!

I kinda like how you in another post said that they are the easiest boss(es) of the game and now this haha.

But i do agree with you, i dont find that the Goose/Moose needs to be buffed (its just a big duck in retrospect) and the other giants are hard as they are already, with the sanity and bees  in spring as well.

But yeah the stunlock to death has always been an issue, once caught and there is nothing you can do about it, i've had it with bees, dogs, frogs, you name it.

A quick workaround this is to set a minimum spawn distance per Goose Moose so they are not in close vicinity of eachother imo.

Kill it before it lay- oh wait, it already did? Just kill it and run then.

I would like if the rain thing you mentioned was not an actual coincidence. Like the Great Moose can just bend the power of lightning to his will like a Mighty God of Battle and just burn everything while he destroys the city with lasers and whatever.

mooslings do not need a nerf.  They are easy enough as is.  If you're having trouble with them maybe you need to learn something more to fight them or get better or your death was a fluke.  I don't know.  All I know is yeah multiple eggs were a shock and a bit overwhelming at first but now a moosling is a moosling and the more there are just means more feathers I get.

mooslings do not need a nerf.  They are easy enough as is.  If you're having trouble with them maybe you need to learn something more to fight them or get better or your death was a fluke.  I don't know.  All I know is yeah multiple eggs were a shock and a bit overwhelming at first but now a moosling is a moosling and the more there are just means more feathers I get.

Its more about when you get hit at the right (wrong?) time and you get stunlocked to death. Nothing to do about it. All the experience you have cant get you far if you get stunlocked. Since you cant walk or fight back in either way.

When there's 6 of them, that's fine and easy. When there's 12 of them... your life was a lie since you were born ;-;

There are 4 eggs on a single screen in my current world.  Three Moose/Mooses, SO MANY GOSLINGS.

There are 3 more nests w/in one screen's distance from that.  They all have eggs.

I don't hunt Gmoose anymore...  : /

just make a ton of gunpowder and have 1 of your teammate die in a blaze of glory, you have the technology, you can rebuild him (with a gland and 3 grasses)

There are 4 eggs on a single screen in my current world.  Three Moose/Mooses, SO MANY GOSLINGS.

There are 3 more nests w/in one screen's distance from that.  They all have eggs.

I don't hunt Gmoose anymore...  : /

just make a ton of gunpowder and have 1 of your teammate die in a blaze of glory, you have the technology, you can rebuild him (with a gland and 3 grasses)

Seems like a lot of trouble just for another Weather Pain that I don't really use.  Already have a Luxury Fan too.

I... never really had any problems with them... (unpopular opinion puffin)

• Before I try to hunt Gmoose and her Mooselings, I always carry gold nuggets and cut stones to make lightning rods.
  • Then make a hammer for every nest and leave them near the lightning rods for future use...
  • Sometimes I just wait 'till next season to hunt down the mooselings when their mother's gone... gonna miss out on the EFS though but 3-4 mooseling eggs can make more than enough "down feathers" for a group of 4.
  • After hammering the egg, put down your hammer and leave their general area. They will eat the berries, carrots... and wander around for more...
  • Get near one... just 1 if you have a lot of lag. lead it away and if you're far enough away from the others, let it go into tornado mode and it will go farther... chase it, preferably while holding a walking cane. after it becomes disoriented, you can lad up to 8 hits (use a ham bat if possible) before it recovers but keep hitting it because it'll die soon enough with a couple more hits... do this for all of them.

If you can't avoid all of them going after you:

• So I try to lead Gmoose far enough from the egg and kite-kill here there... she's awesome because she doesn't have insanity aura and her Epic Fight Song "For the Glory of Spring" gets me pumped up :D
  • So after killing her... off to the mooselings... 
  • Bait them. let them get into their rage mode and they'll go in a straight line... you can use this to avoid fighting all of them at once...
  • Pick one off using the previous method and hopefully you don't die... wear armor

There is this one thing... let them get into rage mode and bait them to the edge of a land mass, they'll just spin there so you don't have to chase them around... the downside is that after you do kill them, their loot may fall into the ocean and is therefor inadvisable unless desperate.

I kinda like how you in another post said that they are the easiest boss(es) of the game and now this haha.

But i do agree with you, i dont find that the Goose/Moose needs to be buffed (its just a big duck in retrospect) and the other giants are hard as they are already, with the sanity and bees  in spring as well.

But yeah the stunlock to death has always been an issue, once caught and there is nothing you can do about it, i've had it with bees, dogs, frogs, you name it.

A quick workaround this is to set a minimum spawn distance per Goose Moose so they are not in close vicinity of eachother imo.

I think, in general, ignore any game suggestions from Xirmix until he properly backs up anything he says.

Question: is you brain capable enough of understanding details of a certain point, or do you only make a general overview of every point made?

Because it seems you don't understand what I'm talking about here. Read what I wrote at the end of my post, you dumdum; MOSSLINGS need to be NERFED, GMOOSE needs to be BUFFED!

I was referring to Mosslings not Gmoose and they are not the same mob, so either you're trying to make me feel like an idiot while ignoring the whole concept of what I'm talking about, or you're just too stupid to conprehend what my walls of text actually talk about (the last sentence is actually in another paragraph, so I'm guessing it's just you being stupid here).

I think, in general, ignore any game suggestions from Xirmix until he properly backs up anything he says.

My post contains a lot more detail than what you just wrote there. Make good arguments much?

Also you cannot know whether a person can make good arguments or not without actually reading what they have to say, so if you were to ignore what I wrote for suggestions, you'd probably be ignoring what I'm writing as suggestions completely forever and ever because you will never find out whether my points are valid or not.

Sorry, but I just can't bare with this idiocy!

@Asparagus hmm, your strategy seems interresting. I tried doing that while the Mosslings were not in rage mode, but completely ignored the idea when they got into rage mode XD mainly because it was night time, I guess.

How often do you see two eggs in same spot?

You're one of those who have unluck in luck.

I would love fighting against two of them, since I find 1v1 way too easy.

Pretty often, actually.  I'd say prolly 50% of my maps have Moose/Goose spawns w/in a screen from each other.

My post contains a lot more detail than what you just wrote there. Make good arguments much?

Also you cannot know whether a person can make good arguments or not without actually reading what they have to say, so if you were to ignore what I wrote for suggestions, you'd probably be ignoring what I'm writing as suggestions completely forever and ever because you will never find out whether my points are valid or not.

Sorry, but I just can't bare with this idiocy!

@Asparagus hmm, your strategy seems interresting. I tried doing that while the Mosslings were not in rage mode, but completely ignored the idea when they got into rage mode XD mainly because it was night time, I guess.

Your only standpoint in this debate is because you willingly walked into 12 mosslings with movement prediction enabled, mosslings should be nerfed.

Your only standpoint in this debate is because you willingly walked into 12 mosslings with movement prediction enabled, mosslings should be nerfed.

Even so, not reading any more of my further suggestions in future would result in just ignoring what I have in mind completely. Now that Asparagus made a suggestion as to how to deal with this, my point is disproven. However, your point about not reading my suggestions is a paradox, which makes it completely stupid.

Even so, not reading any more of my further suggestions in future would result in just ignoring what I have in mind completely. Now that Asparagus made a suggestion as to how to deal with this, my point is disproven. However, your point about not reading my suggestions is a paradox, which makes it completely stupid.

Maybe read my response thoroughly before asking me to read yours.

Archived