Game Update - 126778 - 2/12/2015

dst_im_controller2a.png

Game Update - 126778 - 2/12/2015

Changes

• Official OSX support added
  • Official Linux support added
  • Added controller support. Note: menus and UI screens are still being worked on. Controllers will work on some menus but not others.
  • /kiss emote added,  Happy Valentines day! <3 MarkL
  • Modified profiler for more accurate stats
  • Adding warning when mod component actions get into a bad state.
  • Adding basic SimPause functionality.
  • Added metrics for enabled mods.
  • Add mouse wheel scrolling for scroll lists. Known issue: some lists don’t recognize this input when the mouse is hovered over certain parts of the list.
  • Event Announcer made more moddable and queue full functionality changed to push out the oldest items first.
  • Add display of how many servers are shown out of the total servers.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed assert related to FightStat_TrapSprung
  • Fixed read issue for adminlist.txt, blocklist.txt and server_token.txt on some machines
  • Fixed ice staff not working on enemies.
  • Bug fix for world gen override when no custom_options are present.

NOTE: If your control bindings (including mouse scroll wheel) don't work with the update, please go to the control menu: press reset all, and apply. If you still have issues after this, please let us know. 

NOTE2: If you were playing on the "osxlinuxbeta" and are not able to connect to anyone after the most recent update (version mismatch), you'll need to unselect the osxlinuxbeta in your DST Betas tab, then re-update your game to get the correct version.

Did you guys mess with the graphics at all. After the update I have a border around even in full screen. Could be just me but odd it happened right after the update.

EDIT: Got it working. Just used the settings.ini to fix it. Weird but prob not the update.

Only 1 crash experienced on OS X since last Sunday (Feb 8). Having said that, should I try to submit the crash logs, and how?

Couple of things noticed playing on 2 accounts and 4 machines:

The previously revealed portions of the map aren't preserved while playing on different machines (same server), had to start exploring all over again.

The hosted game wasn't available after changing computers, meaning the save didn't sync for some reason.

The above experienced prior to this build, will see if any of the issues remain and report.

Other than that things seem to run smoothly. Good job.

@lagplusrubberbanding,  As @Michi01, said, it really depends on your computer's specs.

In this case, you must have a bad computer. My suggestion is defragment and clean your computer. It should make your games run a bit smoother, but I recommend for saving up for a better computer (I use a mid-priced Alienware and DS is running fine, I recommend one of those). Other than buying a prebuilt one, the second best option is building your own computer.

Man, if you guys gave us the option to have two (or more, even) instances of the game running at once as well as the option to have the controller controls still work when the window is out of focus we'd effectively have a homebrew local multiplayer option available.

Any chance of those two things happening in the future to allow such a thing?

@lagplusrubberbanding,  As @Michi01, said, it really depends on your computer's specs.

In this case, you must have a bad computer. My suggestion is defragment and clean your computer. It should make your games run a bit smoother, but I recommend for saving up for a better computer (I use a mid-priced Alienware and DS is running fine, I recommend one of those). Other than buying a prebuilt one, the second best option is building your own computer.

Thanks i will try this now ,but the point is i used to have the "No More Lag" mod and it really works, yes it worked , but with this last updated the mod started to bug and the creators of the mod isnt updating it anymore so i can't play anymore i would really appreciate if the creators , idk, take the mod to themselves and update it by themselves.

Hi! I've been using a PS3 controller on my last session and i experienced some crashes. I'm using a couple of mods (Minimap Mod, Global Player Icons and such...) and after starting my game up again after the crash my server had been rolled back a few minutes... Any ideas of what it could be (probably just the mods screwing with something) or is it just some bugs that will get patched?

Archived