4 Spider Queens at the Same Time =(

I log into my playthrough of around 36 days, my new record since I bought the game only 5 days or so ago. I go in, and I've set my camp up decently close to 5 or 6 spider dens. Not close enough that they come in my camp at night, but so I can farm them if I wanted to. I built 2 bee mines, 4 fire darts, had 2 pigs with me, and I was wielding a tentacle spike along with my log suit. Much to my surprise all 4 of the nearest dens became spider queens, I managed to kill 2, then night came and I retreat to my camp. After much kiting and the use of my meat effigy, I kill the third. Day has come and the 4th spider queen is still infesting my camp, I have no food, weapon, or armor. I don't want to lose all the stuff at my camp either. I suit up with a fresh log suit, retrieve my extra tentacle spike. The queen has summoned 4 warrior since my departure, after I finally kill them I go in to kite and kill the queen. I imagine she was almost dead because night rolls around again, and I finally die.

Not a rant, just wanted to share my adventure of the new patch before the balances. I know they didn't balance spider queens, but since my world was an old world all my spider dens were synchronized and 4 spider queens mauled me. It was a good run though, now I get to try out a new character and see if I can't beat 38 days! =)

Fun times indeed, I had it even worse with 16 or so total spider queens wandering around on the map. You really need to have pigs with you or several fire darts if you want to kill several queens at once, otherwise it is complete suicide. Sad to hear you ultimately lost the spider wars though. New maps should be easier in that spider nests will slowly build up, no spider queen rushes.

Spider queens aren't permanent it would seem. Once I had one wandering toward me and I was gearing up for a fight when it just up and turned into a level 1 spider nest, which I then destroyed without incident. One time though, I got three spider queens at once. I just ran and they eventually went away.

On a somewhat related not, has anyone else had a spider queen pop up from a level 1 nest? I've had it happen to me three times. I thought they were only supposed to come from level 3 nests.

Spider queens aren't permanent it would seem. Once I had one wandering toward me and I was gearing up for a fight when it just up and turned into a level 1 spider nest, which I then destroyed without incident. One time though, I got three spider queens at once. I just ran and they eventually went away.

On a somewhat related not, has anyone else had a spider queen pop up from a level 1 nest? I've had it happen to me three times. I thought they were only supposed to come from level 3 nests.

Yup confirmed, happened to me too. I left an alive spider queen at a location, came back after the night and she had turned into a lvl1 nest.

It should take 5 days for a tier, but when it's in colony form you should be able to "maintain" it by doing damage to it, this destroys the upper sections. Spider farming was broken, but I want it "risky". If you have a tier 3 nest which you often work down to low tier 3 might become a queen if you were not careful. A tier 1 farm though, wouldn't yield much silk and meat.

Proposed Stats:

Tier 1:

250 health, same amount of spiders, 25 hp regen per hour, after being max health for 5 days in a row turns into...

Tier 2:

500 health, same amount of spiders, 50 hp regen per hour, after being max health for 5 days in a row turns into...

Tier 3:

750 health, same amount of spiders, 75 hp regen per hour, after being max health for 5 days in a row turns into...

Queen:

1000 health, same spider spawning, 25 hp regen per hour, 50 damage, moves as fast as Wilson and does not morph into tier 1

Edited by Lagoe
Clarifying

Gah! Completely unrelated note to the spider queens, I had to fight an evil tree ent thing on like day 6 on my new world, and I found a really fantastic spot too =( I was doing great! Morning rolls around and guess what? 2 fire hounds come after me...seriously? Haha this game is unrelenting sometimes, but thats what makes it fun. This just means I can take a break and start fresh later.

They should make spider queens hurt each other, like real world insect kingdoms. If you're caught and not from this kingdom, you're dead.

I believe I may have managed just that, using a spider hat, I managed to start up a huge faction war between 3 separate queens.

I pretty much just sat in the middle of it all on a picnic blanket eating popcorn...

Spiderhats is the key

Fun times indeed, I had it even worse with 16 or so total spider queens wandering around on the map. You really need to have pigs with you or several fire darts if you want to kill several queens at once, otherwise it is complete suicide. Sad to hear you ultimately lost the spider wars though. New maps should be easier in that spider nests will slowly build up, no spider queen rushes.

Try the new test maps...they have huge separate large areas