Mandrake unravelled

LadyD

So. A touch disappointed I didn't survive to do more experiments BUTTT.Plucked during the day the Mandrake dies and comings into possession as an item. Put into the science machine- 100 points. At NIGHT.You touch the mandrake and it JUMPS out of the ground and runs around giggling.You can follow it and it can follow you. It giggles and jumps and its CUTE.If it is dead- You can eat it.If you have it ghosts will make it DEAD. They don't much care for them... They also stand there staring at them if they are buried.... Eating it can be interestingBUT! If you have pig and eat mandrake the pigs all curl up and SLEEP!!!EXCESS Added some things for us. I've been experimenting with spiders (kiting around so the spiders cross paths with the ghost) and pushing some HUUUUHing beefalos (FOR SCIENCE!) and I can conclude that the ghost gets pissed off, but he won't really hurt them (WRONG!) nor hunt them, like he does with mandrakes. UPDATE:1. Eating a dead mandrake heals you COMPLETELY.2. The ghost is impervious to the sleeping powers of mandrake.3. The ghost completely spooked to death my pigs! Also, I pushed a slept beefalo into the ghost, and it took2/16 of time to completely OBLITERATE HIM as if he was the ghost of Freddy Krueger!I HAVE MY OWN MEAT GRINDER, MUAHAHAHA!Continued mandrake studies-The mandrake can be harvested at sunset and remain alive and as you companion.It will happily follow you all night.In a terrible turn of events two mandrake were slaughtered at dawn by my honey bees (doesnt happen anymore)I am in mourning for the loss.In combat they are rubbish. However! Spiders will Kill them all too readily. No help against the beefalo.Mandrake can not be planted in your farms. Advanced or otherwise.Once killed they simply vanish without a trace.A mandrake picked during the day can not be revived. No amount of putting it in the dark. Hoping or other actions has yield a result.Mandrake CAN Now be fed to the science machine.It is with great sorrow we thank the 3 mandrakes in my world who gave their lives to this.BEWARE- gobblers EAT mandrake FAST and mercilessly. You only get about 3-4 per world and no more spawn.

Edited by LadyD
NEW INFORMATION
  • Like 1

Continued mandrake studies-The mandrake can be harvested at sunset and remain alive and as you companion.It will happily follow you all night.In a terrible turn of events two mandrake were slaughtered at dawn by my honey bees.I am in mourning for the loss.In combat they are rubbish. However! It seemed whilst i had mandrake spiders didn't want to attack? No help against the beefaloo.Mandrake can not be planted in your farms. Advanced or otherwise.Once killed they simply vanish without a trace.A mandrake picked during the day can not be revived. No amount of putting it in the dark. Hoping or other actions has yield a result.Mandrake CAN not be fed to the science machine.It is with great sorrow we thank the 3 mandrakes in my world who gave their lives to this.

Sadly I ran out of mandrake to experiment on after the damned bees decided to kill two of them. I had only just managed to get the second one to my main camp and everything.Two mandrakes... do not interact.Next time I make a game I will continue my investigation into mandrake. Right now I am working with honey bees looking at best way to collect. As well as my -Pig- experiments.Although in other news- Beefaloo when they charge you will settle in the area where they stopped charging. I now have a herd. If they start charging at sundown they dont stop when night arrives.Mandrake are not trampled by beefalo

ah yeah forgot mention that part didn't I?And LOL. Yeah I am a scientist actually.- me and my 3 degrees are jobless. I have come down to experimenting in imaginary worlds....Haha.Yeah Look out for More Experiments in the FUTURE!!!

Mandrakes seems to respawn in the same place you first find them... i guess. i have 3 so far.I used the flute on them but nothing seems to happen.Good thing you told me about the bees, as i was trying to take them to my main camp, and i have bees there... and a pig who keeps dying every time he respawns... so... ill keep em away from the bees...Too bad i cant destroy the bees thing...

BREAKING NEWS!

Ok, maybe it isn't that breaking. Or interesting. I'm sorry if I got your hopes up. Aaaaaaanyway:

Ghost don't like mandrakes either!

I was been chased by a ghost, run to my camp (where it happened to be a Mandrake buried) and the ghost stopped chasing me and went to were the mandrake was. It stood there until night, when I picked up the mandrake (receiving considerably damage from the ghost), which started following me. The ghost then chased the mandrake and killed it...

...snif.

Completely Photoshopable Proof

Notice it didn't attack the gnome…

I'm fearing there may not have been a gnome to attack to in the first place O_O...

Mandrake root causes delirium and hallucinations. In high doses, it can even send the user into a coma.

Wikipedia

EDIT:

Edit: Must. Add to. Discussion. Does it attack all animals or just mandrake?

I've been experimenting with spiders (kiting around so the spiders cross paths with the ghost) and pushing some HUUUUHing beefalos (FOR SCIENCE!) and I can conclude that the ghost gets pissed off, but he won't really hurt them (WRONG!) nor hunt them, like he does with mandrakes.

UPDATE:

[*]1. Eating a dead mandrake heals you COMPLETELY.

[*]2. The ghost is impervious to the sleeping powers of mandrake.

[*]3. The ghost completely spooked to death my pigs! Also, I pushed a slept beefalo into the ghost, and it took

2/16 of time to completely OBLITERATE HIM as if he was the ghost of Freddy Krueger!

I HAVE MY OWN MEAT GRINDER, MUAHAHAHA!

Edited by Excess
Because I'm too cool to double post

2. The ghost is impervious to the sleeping powers of mandrake.3. The ghost completely spooked to death my pigs! Also, I pushed a slept beefalo into the ghost, and it took2/16 of time to completely OBLITERATE HIM as if he was the ghost of Freddy Krueger!I HAVE MY OWN MEAT GRINDER, MUAHAHAHA!

I have a question:impervious... what does that mean? Anyway: if I put a ghost on top of the sleeping mandrake (daytime, twilight or nighttime?) the ghosts gets stuck above the mandrake, right? I just lost my mandrake, and I don't want to loose the 2nd one...