Ewecus Discussion

I...don't yet know if it's necessary or if it adds anything to the game

The Varg was cool because now a Koalefant hunt wasn't guaranteed to be a good thing, but I'm not sure what the Ewecus adds. I guess it makes Koalefants even worse hunting targets? I like the idea of a sheep that sneezes phlegm at you and forces your friends to help with the hunt, and I'm excited to see where the Steel Wool thing is going, but I don't know if I like the way the Ewecus spawns. 

Question for devs: Will the Ewecus ever be added to vanilla DS or ROG?

they've said they wouldn't(not sure where, but I think it was i the stream), as it wouldn't quite fit, which makes sense, as it's odd to implement something intended to make you want to hunt in packs, while you can't hunt in packs at all.

I...don't yet know if it's necessary or if it adds anything to the game

The Varg was cool because now a Koalefant hunt wasn't guaranteed to be a good thing, but I'm not sure what the Ewecus adds. I guess it makes Koalefants even worse hunting targets? I like the idea of a sheep that sneezes phlegm at you and forces your friends to help with the hunt, and I'm excited to see where the Steel Wool thing is going, but I don't know if I like the way the Ewecus spawns. 

Im sure it will add something we just have to wait to see though. It drops steel wool! . Maybe I can make a steel...scarf?

I'm not sure what the Ewecus adds.

Well, the Ewecus isn't decreasing your chance of getting a koalefant. The way it's set up now, anyway, where you would've gotten a Varg, you now have equal chances of getting a Varg or an Ewecus.

In my opinion, if you're not looking for a fight, finding an Ewecus is better than finding a Varg. Vargs will attack you pretty much right away, but you need to get a bit closer to an Ewecus before it aggros, so it's definitely possible to find it and just leave it alone until you're ready. And it's really fun to fight when you are!

Can the ewecus attack walls? I would love to keep one as a pet, but I don't want it to tear down its own pen.

I just tested it, and it looks like you can. The walls even block the goop! It doesn't seem to do damage to the walls, I let it hit the same one for a good 5 minutes.

they've said they wouldn't(not sure where, but I think it was i the stream), as it wouldn't quite fit, which makes sense, as it's odd to implement something intended to make you want to hunt in packs, while you can't hunt in packs at all.

It's not multiplayer only as the Telltale heart, so it can and probably will be implemented in the original too.

It's not multiplayer only as the Telltale heart, so it can and probably will be implemented in the original too.

It's pretty multiplayer-only... the only way you can solo it would be to get pigs or something to fight for you or to use one of the two exploits that currently exist for it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the ewecus was made as part of Ipsquiggle's combat retuning, so it's been added specifically to encourage cooperative fighting. 

I love the Ewecus.  An awesome DST feature.  I hope there is more stuff like it in the future.  One of the things I'm liking about the current Together only content is things that encourage cooperation like Ewecus and Survival mode.  I hope there are many more features like this to come.

Archived