I Don't Care Anymore.

Hello. 

First of all.. I love and respect all the devs and artists who creates this master piece.. 

When i'm 80 years old i will be playing this game.. 

But I dont care DS Together anymore.

I feel like excluded. And that makes me sad.. 

I spent my 300+ hours to this game.

But a new players can reach DST.. I dont like this.

Do whatever you want. I'm done.

I signed up and did way more than this.. Not only for DST..

%1 of the Don't Starve players can reach the DST right now.. 

So i dont think this is cool. 

And choosing beginner players instead of experienced players.. well that was genius..

So have fun my friends my client never gonna update DS. I dont care.

I'm not angry with you my player friends.

I just dont feel i'm part of this game anymore. 

And choosing beginner players instead of experienced players.. well that was genius..

Ik the feels, but you don't have to feel betrayed.

And choosing beginner players instead of experienced players.. well that was genius..

How about PAUSE thinking only about yourself and look at this whole thing one more time PLZ

They have plenty of experienced players to test the game but they NEED new one too to test DST from other perspective so that game is balanced for PRO players but also for beginners  . ALSO everyone who signed up for beta have EQUAL chance getting keys first so you just unlucky AS I AM but it will be only 10 days more and you get it for sure. 

I seriously dont get impatience of some of you here. BTW its BETA and if you played ROG (with 300h i think you did) there is NOT MUCH CONTENT THERE so you will get bored in minutes! There is nothing to keep you from surviving for 31949139 days since you are "pro player". I have seen plenty of DST stream and they are just building stuff and not surviving. I like to build stuff a lot but its still only with vanilla items.

BTW 300h is nothing really. I have 305h and im not counting my self as something more like other guys with 100h for example.

SO just chill out and go play Invisible INC for 10 days - its really awesome game .)

Why can't people just enjoy nice things? :S Everyone who signed up will have their key by dec 15th, only like 1% of signups had their key before that announcement because that's how a closed beta works. It's a common concept in video games for medium-scale testing before the product is ready for general public even in a beta sense.

If you feel like you've been singled out to not be part of the game anymore... it's not a justified feeling, 99% of Don't Starve players weren't part of closed beta either. Klei couldn't just open the floodgates and let everyone in just yet, so the vast majority of the playerbase HAD to be excluded. Again; that's how a closed beta works.

I figure sooner or later you'll probably feel like playing DST after it's out, so, don't worry, no one's going to care that you changed your mind and activated the key that you're getting within 2 weeks :razz: If you don't, well, you don't have a play a game if you don't want to and that's totally fine, but it does sound as though you liked Don't Starve a lot!

Forum Vetreans (like JB and W) got keys. I got a key from a veteran who got a key.

And I was once a veteran. But then I lost my password.

And you thought I was going to pull a Skyrim reference pfffffff.

Is it so hard to embrace my "DST doesn't exist yet" theory? I've elaborated a little more back, but it basicly is "I can't feel DST. I can't play DST. I can't buy DST. I don't have access to DST. So, for all intents, DST doesn't exist."

Anyway, don't be emotional about this. You weren't chosen. I wasn't chosen either. I know that the game misses a lot for not having me right now(obligatory self-steem compensation), but it is what it is. No need to cry if you aren't in a closed randomly selected beta. Just Wait.

Well dang!  :| What do you have against new people? Twice now your complaint has included the access to the game by new players. Beg your pardon but I'm entitled to seek to play a game with my adorable play time of 13+ hours. I'm new, I like this game a lot, and by dang it if I ever do get to play on my own computer. I'd like that a lot.

You sir have invoked a mini-rant via one of my pet peeves:

(The following rant is triggered by but NOT directly aimed at the opening post, please feel free to ignore as this is just simply me venting.)

I can't stand those with the whole "Durr I've played for a bazillion hours, how dare a new player be new and get benefits/cooler things than me! I ish now butthurt."  attitude. It ticks me right the flip off. It's like the whole "there goes the neighborhood" complex that happens when something goes F2P. The people with these issues obviously never retained the share your freakin' toys concept in Pre-K! If you want a game for you and only you go freakin' sit down in front of a console, and DO NOT touch the internet!!!  

Guess what buddy, before you gained your precious over 9000 hours in your war themed hat simulator, at one point you where exactly where I am! Those who make these complaints are usually so narrow minded that they can't even stop and look at the big picture, nor come out of their precious elitist snot bubbles long enough to see any other side to the situation. In this case there are both old and new players alike that have not but would love to be able to play this game yet, so already we've completely ignored a key detail here.

Next you complain as if it's so horribly wrong that someone new to the game got access before you. Well dang when you go to a concert do you stroll down the queue demanding anyone who hadn't been a fan as long as you to go to the back of the line regardless of when or how they may have obtained their tickets in comparison to you??? I THINK NOT!!! (and if so...you haz issues) You go get in line wherever you may land and enjoy the concert. Oh and FYI the one screaming and near tears with joy is new to the fandom, and this is her first concert. She missed the first 30mins of the show, that she was lucky enough to win in a radio contest, because your logic works in this universe. Con-freakin'-gratulations!!!

A new person has just as much right to have access to, and enjoy, ANYTHING along the same terms as a veteran. For the love of the sun, it's not like they said "Looking for beta testers new to the game only." No one does that! (far as I know)

I must as politely as I can muster ask that you please practice a bit of empathy in the near future.

I am sorry that you feel that way. *double compassion pat*

I uh... Okay. A small amount only has the game because when it first came out, it would not have been able to handle the 80 000 (plus extra keys) people playing it. It was a crash fest and I imagine if they had taken that route, there'd be a buttload of threads about how they shouldn't have released such an unfinished game. However, as the game has been getting more and more stable, more people have been let in.

For skill level, there's been a mix of them as someone else said earlier. The game needs to be optimized for both ends of the spectrum and preferably everything inbetween, not just one or the other. To be honest, I imagine some of the newer players got their keys from experienced players who got in.

Take a deep breath, play some single player and before you know it, the multiplayer will be out for everyone.

All these people complaining about all the hours they have played and still not being given a key yet, so they are rage-quitting the game.  Well, I may not be the most experienced player, but I have over 2300 hours, yes, really, go check it out if you don't believe me, and *I* don't have a key yet, either.  Makes me want to shake them all til their brains rattle.   ::growl::

Oh, and I want to nominate Pyromailmann for the Extreme Patience Under Great Duress award.  Dunno how many tables he's wrecked, but he's extraordinarily patient with all the idjits.

Archived