Infinite Meat and Tallbird Eggs

I found a cool way to get infinite meat and tallbird eggs. First, find a tallbird nest. Make sure the Tallbird is dead, because it will be easier to do things later (tallbirds do respawn at there nests). Then spawn in an optimus pine. Lead him over to the nest, then run away leaving him at the nest (if you get far away enough he'll unaggro so even if its by your camp you should be okay). Wait a little while, and periodically check on the nest. The tallbird will attack anything near its nest and the optimus pine is near invincible while doing tons of damage. It kills the tallbird leaving the meat and egg for you to collect (like I said earlier the optimus pine unaggros on you as long as you dont chop down any trees in his vicinity, so you dont have to worry about him while collecting). Just visit the nest every once in a while, because the mobs will only fight eachother if you can see them. That is all and happy farming!

there are other easy way to get meat in my opinion, even if tallbird do respawn...why kill them when they can lay eggs for you....spider meat in crock pot is effective as hell (trapping speders are easy as pie) pigs are easy to kill for meat if u separate them.

Because after stealing their eggs they will chase you to kingdom come. Thus the current most efficient way to farm their eggs IS to kill them.

Because after stealing their eggs they will chase you to kingdom come. Thus the current most efficient way to farm their eggs IS to kill them.

Or take their eggs out from under them at dusk while they're sleeping. They don't even notice, even if you have to push them out of the way, Beefalo-style, to be able to click on the egg.

Or take their eggs out from under them at dusk while they're sleeping. They don't even notice, even if you have to push them out of the way, Beefalo-style, to be able to click on the egg.

exactly, all u have to do is wait till u go to sleep,,,,,,if they chase u pan flute them..easy pie

-> Little Teemo

With the krampus update coming up pig villages will want to be left alone. Therefore, no skin to make football helmets. If you are a stickler for health or just too lazy to farm your own meat this is a great strategy. I used this in my world with no beefalo or pig houses nearby, but the tallbird nest was right by my camp.

Edited by Snackyou

That's a good idea. But getting an Optimus Pine isn't a very easy task, as they have a very low chance of spawning. I have only seen two until now, and I played quite a bit.

Really? I get them all the time if I dont chop down my trees fast enough. Try just planting large plantations and waiting until they are all full grown. When they are chop them down until one spawns, and then listen to the rest of my tutorial.

Guys, the treeguards/optimus pines/whatever you want to call them spawn from you cutting down too many trees without replanting. If you cut down a few trees and then plant some pinecones, you are never going to see him. If you want to see him, go an a deforestation spree.

Guys, the treeguards/optimus pines/whatever you want to call them spawn from you cutting down too many trees without replanting. If you cut down a few trees and then plant some pinecones, you are never going to see him. If you want to see him, go an a deforestation spree.

Oh, no. It doesn't matter if you plant two pinecones for every tree you chop down. It only matters if you plant the pinecones while he can see you doing it. THEN he will calm down and go back to sleep (but he remains a Tree Guardian, and you can attack him whenever you want. I've summoned lots of them (I once managed to get two at once! I planted pinecones until they both fell asleep, and then went back and killed them one at a time.)

I suspect (and the two at once is strong supporting evidence, as well as other posters saying that you can get in trouble by waiting too long to cull your forests) that there is a chance of any Tier 3 (maximum growth) Pine Tree spawning (transforming into) a Tree Guardian each time you cut down a tree within its range. I think I once had the tree I was cutting down spawn! That might be an error. Anyway, each Tier 3 Pine Tree within range (whatever that is) of you when you are a lumberjack and you are OK has that chance, so the more there are, the higher your chances. Want on-demand (ish) Tree guardians? Plant your pinecones in tight clusters together, and cut them all down at once when they hit maximum growth. Since they drop meat, and are moderately kitable for a player of limited skill (me), I've used them when I didn't have pigs available. Unfortunately, I've never survived four of them to actually make a Meat Effigy... But I have used one when I was one meat short.