Seeds FTW

You can collect a lot more seed than that if you really tried, I have 240 or 280 or something seeds sitting in a chest since I just pick them up, they go well with my 200 honey and 80 meat ( I converted 80 meat into gold visiting the pig king)

If I was trying to collect seed I would think I could get 30-40 a day easily

You can collect a lot more seed than that if you really tried, I have 240 or 280 or something seeds sitting in a chest since I just pick them up, they go well with my 200 honey and 80 meat ( I converted 80 meat into gold visiting the pig king)

If I was trying to collect seed I would think I could get 30-40 a day easily

30-40 / day ? Id like to see that

I am currently experimenting a bit with the feather hat and I cant really say that it makes a difference in birds appearing. There seem to plenty of birds in general now.

Yeah, birds are more frequent no matter what hat you have on. It seems like the current rate is equal to what you got before the Krampus update with the Bird hat on, and now the Bird hat is purely for decoration.

I wonder if that was intentional, because with birds the way they are now, you can stockpile rather silly amounts of seeds with minimal effort.

During my initial attempts at perpetrating enough bastardry to summon krampus WITHOUT killing small birds, I found myself running about 4-5 bird traps and 3-4 rabbits traps, and LET ME TELL YOU...

Holy crap, the sound, it was maddening, birds would get caught ASSoonas I lay the trap, and i'd be racing to empty the traps just to make the noise stop, OH GOD, the sound...

Needless to say, I'm seriously considering NEVER wearing the bird hat ever again. Or running bird traps for that matter, as my Urge to over optimise a specific task at a time, resulted in a significant loss of marbles.

But yeah, it's not bad living off of seeds and berries, though if/when the devs implement the nutrition mechanic, JUST seeds proly won't be viable for too long once that's in place.

@qwerm Nutrition system would be nice idd. Seeds shall restore less hunger though.

One last thing: After practicing a bit, you can easily kill baited birds on-the-fly.

Use a golden tool to kill them to save your flint.

Unlimited Morsels right here.

Krampus will come eventually but no big deal right ?