Game Changer

MenaAthena

(Oh, that beetle. That damn shadow-manipulating beetle that hates beige.

Also, I realized I haven't responded, but I guess I'll start, oh I don't know....now.)

Meredith flicked what remained of her hair out of her eyes, and swung the pick. The boulder cracked, and the fracture spread throughout the rock, shattering it into smaller, more manageable pieces. She slowly sat down, exhausted, despite this being her third rock; being what can be described nicely as a large, heavy sack of meat tire you. She wasn't fat or anything offensive like that, it's just that her body type is odd, simply put.

She stared at the cracks of the boulder, then sat up and began picking up the shards of gray and the few chunks of gold that were in the veins of the rock. She began walking towards her home, but winced upon taking the next step, and abruptly sat down again.

She sat with her legs crossed, and lifted up her left feet to look at the soles. The cloth was beginning to tear and fade, but that wasn't what was causing her discomfort. Sighing, she reached behind her head, and tugged on a zipper that was there. Feeling around in the meaty bulge of her head, she slowly, gingerly pulled out small safety scissors, simultaneously pushing on the meat that was her head so that her face wouldn't cave in. Closing the zipper shut, she took the scissors and made a small cut in her left soles.

With her gentle hands, she reached inside the new cut, which was bleeding badly at this point, and felt around for the source of her discomfort. Her hands caught on something, and she pulled out from the layer of flesh a shard of flint. Tossing it aside, she opened her head again and stored the scissors, but not before pulling a blade off of the blue plastic. Meanwhile, she simultaneously reached towards the yarn that was her hair and pulled several threads off of it, keeping her winces inside.

Working quickly, she awkwardly and quickly sewed the wound shut with her crude tools, sighing as she did so. Why did she leave her kit at her base? Standing up, she trotted towards the forest that was her home, hurrying her feet as fast as they could go without reopening the wound...

(How's this?)

Edited by Percival
  • Like 3

(Waitwaitwaitwait. I thought Wy was here longer than anyone?)

Wulfric perked up and sniffed, his nose being filled with the scent of human. his short tail wagged exictedly as he 

picked up the still unconsious Wakana and dashed to the source of the smell.

Meredith wandered towards her base, her left foot dragging along more than actually walking. Slowly, but surely, she was walking towards her base. Right before she entered the ring of trees that was the forest of her home, however, she paused. And then she sneezed, her mucus blocked by her right arm that rose on instinct.

That's not good.

She's allergic to canines, and while this would seem trivial, she was mostly targeted by hounds due to her slow nature and easily tearing skin, not to mention the fact that, right now, her foot was leaving behind a trail of satiating blood that would attract the attention of some meateater.

She reached into her zipper and pulled out the safety scissors. Perhaps she might come home with some fur for her coat.

From the now closed chest, Wy took some logs, soon burned in the fire pit.

He then reaches for a small fridge and from it he takes out some food, more precisely, two frog legs, a bunch of berries, some pieces of pig meat, three or four carrots and a bunch of mushrooms, mostly green.

"This is all I have...is any of it...of your liking?"

(Thanks for the ambiance, Weirdo!)

The scientist ran, barely avoiding tripping on the surroundings. His expression rife with worry and panic. The girls breathing was very shallow, and her pulse was slowing to almost nonexistent levels. He might be too late. His camp came into view and he sprinted the short distance between him and what he needed. Lying the girl down, he flung open the near by chest and rumeged through it, flinging various items out of the way until he came upon what her was serching for. Quickly, he slid the gold amulet with a red gem in the center around her neck and waited, praying he wasn't too late.

"Uhhhhh....." Cypress had eaten carrots before, so that was fine. The large chunks of meat also looked nice. Cypress had no idea whether the red berries would poison her or not, maybe she'd leave those for bio-weapon Wy... The mushrooms could probably kill her too, fun. The frog's legs were new, she hadn't eaten those before... "I might just go with the meat."

Cypress looked up at the grey clouds overhead, great, she loved getting rained on... -_-