Game Changer

MenaAthena

Wy shakes his head.

<Come on, I'm 12, I'm not a baby anymore! I shouldn't cry for a stupid accident!>

After cleaning himself, he goes back to his camp.

He then opens a chest and from it he takes off a small teapot, from the fridge a few tea leafes and some barries and goes under a tree. With the opened teapot he collects water from the rain, in which he then puts the tea leafes. He then lights up a small fire with some dry pieces of grass and charcoal he had in another chest and puts the teapot on it. After the water started boiling, he adds the barries and waits for a minute. The process ends with Wy taking a hand-made bowl made of marble and filling it with the hot tea he just made.

The boy smiles, then covers with a hand the bowl and runs up to the tent.

"Ehm...Cypress...I...can I enter?"

(The tea is an Up&Away reference)

Edited by Halved

(This is the thread where I find the most unnecessary chat filling up the majority of its pages. I can't even find where I started and ended.)

Meredith sneezed once more, not bothering to cover the spray of mucus and distract herself. She looked around, her steps slowed as she walked towards her base. For a moment, she looked around as she trotted towards her safe haven, looking around cautiously. Then her feet quickened, and she ran towards her base, forcing her body to move as fast as her legs can move, which is actually quite fast considering the weight of the cloth.

The amulet started giving off a faint glow that pulsed in sync with the girl's heart beat, humming as it did. The scientist sighed with relief and plopped down on the top of one of the logs lying around camp for seating. Carying another human being the distance that he had left him exausted and out of breath. He sat there for a moment, not caring about getting soaked from the rain, until he saw a vauge, humanoid shape in the distance. He squinted to get a better look.

As Wekesa's prey was dragged away from her she let out a whimper... That was her prey... At least she had enough food to keep her fed...

She took another morsel and held it a over her maybe she could bring the insect back with her prey and she could steal it back.

--------------------

Cypress gripped the bowl as if the small amount of heat would warm her whole body, sadly it didn't. She shuffled over to the back of the tent.

"Thanks, let me return the hospitality with giving you enough room to stay in the tent and out of the rain. You're a nut staying out there, it's cold and wet... Muddy and slippery... Not ideal weather to hang outside in..."

Oxryklne tears up the rabbit into manageable bits, then begins to slowly eat his way through the meat.  Disgusting, but at least I'll live. He thinks as he finishes.

Looking over towards the Lureplant, he sees it has set up a new lure.  Remembering how badly his last encounter went, he decides to stay back for a while, maybe until the creature forgets about him.

Cypress drank the hot drink, the berries adding a touch of sweetness to the brew. She placed the bowl down and listened to the pattering of the rain, the constant droning rain... Wy's silence was unsettling, Cypress wondered what was going on inside that head of his. "Thanks for the tea Wy."

~~~~~~~~

The insect that had stolen her meal did not return. She brought the meat back inside her bulb and up-rooted. Curiosity was more in her mind then anger at this point. She wanted to know exactly why the bug had stolen her meal. Wekesa placed a morsel on the ground and moved away from it, watching.

"I am really happy you liked it..."

His head lifted, he speaks again.

"My sister used to make me tea when it was cold outside...now she...she is not with us anymore..."

He crouches more then before, his head in between his legs.

Edited by Halved

"That's terrible to hear... I know how it feels to lose someone close to you... My older brother died in a car accident, some drunk guy smashed into him... The drunk man survived and bribed his way an easy jail sentence... Mum wouldn't let me out of the house she was so scared I'd get hurt... Dad was gone when I was little too. I couldn't handle mum being so protective, so I left..." Cypress rested her head on her knees. "I'm sure your sister would be proud of you for staying strong, she sounds as kind as you are. I mean, I haven't done anything and yet you've fed me, made me tea and gave me shelter."

"She would have done the same...yes..."

Wy turns to Cypress, opens his mouth as to say something, then turns away.

"I...am sorry about your brother...People sure can be mean...My sister was kidnapped...We heard nothing about her for weeks and then..."

Wy stops talking.

Edited by Halved

Newleaf, annoyed now, moves closer still to the lureplant, now amongst it's eye-like seedlings. "It's rude to ignore those speaking to you."

The small bits of static coming from WX made him fairly easy to see. He seemed to be moving closer to the two, moving for the nearest tree.