A problem we can all relate to.

Do you want an Option to disable "On-Click Person Eating"?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an Option to disable "On-Click Person Eating"?

I am pretty sure we can all relate to the problem that is On-Click Eating.

It is annoying, I for one rarely use it, I would like an option to disable it.

That is all.

____________________________________________________________________________________

On-Click Person Eating:

Being able to click on your person with food and he eats it.

Is different from

Right Click Eating:

Right clicking food in Tool bar and eating it.

Edited by Khrayfish

Yes, I made a suggestion post about it. In the same line of ideas here there is also digging and hammering. I destroyed a crock pot once because I hammered too many times! I think all "negative" actions should be a right click. Attacking also. I had an instance where I wanted to pick up the poop next to a pig and I attacked it instead...

I notice the only people who agree with this are the new guys, having them make a disable one click eating button is like making it ask you constantly if you want to pick something up it's part of the game and I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it's called don't press the right mouse button if you don't want to eat an egg or something it's not that hard.

I notice the only people who agree with this are the new guys, having them make a disable one click eating button is like making it ask you constantly if you want to pick something up it's part of the game and I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it's called don't press the right mouse button if you don't want to eat an egg or something it's not that hard.

This. Even when I was new this was never a problem for me, as I always did the already in-game "drag-and-feed" method then.

• Like 1

Dont really see a problem with this. Its just a mouse click. People can be aware of it. Its like saying "I dont like this element in the game cause it makes me do some mistakes, I want it removed."

In that case, I found it hard to Optimus Pine. I want a weapon that can 1shot him cause many have a problem.

I actually agree with this very strongly. I have been playing the game for a long while now and I still eat my food on accident instead of cooking it, researching it, dropping it, etc. Heck, I was on day 108 and died from eating monster meat instead of researching it.

The drag and feed method is a bit annoying when it comes to trying to cook things at campfires. Cooking at a campfire is the only instance where I've had trouble with it. And then it was just small, no-big-deal stuff like accidentally eating a berry raw that I wanted to roast. No huge loss there. I am personally finding that this game offers ample food to survive just through daily foraging. Enough so that losing one or two food items to a misclick is not going to make me cry, even if it's something as hefty as a dragon pie. Still, it would be neat to have an option to disable it for those having serious trouble with it.

Dont really see a problem with this. Its just a mouse click. People can be aware of it. Its like saying "I dont like this element in the game cause it makes me do some mistakes, I want it removed."

In that case, I found it hard to Optimus Pine. I want a weapon that can 1shot him cause many have a problem.

You know, I think there is a difference between these two situations. In the case of whatever your talking about, I don't think the creator WANT you to one-shot him. I think the creators would rather you enjoyed the play of the game without having to make sure you didn't auto-eat food. It's a misclick, not a gameplay thing. So I stand by that there should be an option, at least, though certainly not mandatory.

Why is this a problem exactly? What are you people expecting to happen when you right click food?

I've accidentally eaten food before "let's see what Wilson has to say about this fud... oh woops", but since I don't have the learning capability of a goldfish I've now learned that the right click button does not examine food and I won't be making that mistake again.

You guys are complaining about eating food with right click? Really?

If anything, the thing that needs to be removed is drag to person crap. That is extremely annoying, as i'm trying to cook food and I accidentally eat it by dragging it to myself rather than the fire. Or doing that with eggs when trying to put them in the research thing.. you eat it. Or with monster meat, you damage yourself by eating it instead of putting it in the research thing. If I only ever eat food with right click, why should I have to have this method thrown in too? Allow me to disable it, because it gets in the way, and right click is the superior option. I have never accidentally right-clicked to eat when I meant to cook. What's wrong with your hands people?

We are not talking about right click!!!!!

We are talking about On-Click Person Eating!

Ah, I see. Just a misunderstanding then. With on-click eating I was sure you meant right-click on actionbar. So, you mean what Neat mentioned above. Drag and drop to eat is what you want an option for then.

Is there a solution for this problem already? I died bc of eating raw greencaps instead of cooking them. Very annoying. I dont need the onclick eating even if it costs one place in my inventory. 

On 12/15/2012 at 3:00 PM, Nxf7 said:

Why is this a problem exactly? What are you people expecting to happen when you right click food?

I've accidentally eaten food before "let's see what Wilson has to say about this fud... oh woops", but since I don't have the learning capability of a goldfish I've now learned that the right click button does not examine food and I won't be making that mistake again.

This topic is not about right-click on food. This is about clicking on food standing by the fire and clicking on your character accidentaly instead the fire. Raw greencaps make you insane immediately. And you need cooked ones for the sanity gain so you have to cook is somehow and its annoying how can i accidentaly eat them instead of putting into the fire its like my character is dumb like hell.