Mods?

Once upon a time I found a forum post about the best and most useful mods.  I can no longer find that post.  Does anyone know of such a post and can direct me to it?  Alternatively, if anyone would like to just list the best and most useful mods here that would also be helpful.

If it makes a difference, I am playing on Steam.  I don't know if I can use any mods that aren't in the Steam workshop.  I don't want to use any mods that seem like they are rebalancing the difficulty of the game too far from what the devs have crafted.

The mods I currently use:

Sort Inventory - Does as it says.  It seems like an oversight to me that this isn't in the base game.  If I were really in a wilderness survival situation...well, I would die.  But before I did, I would try to keep my stuff organized.

Auto Re Trap - Just a small QoL mod that doesn't feel like it is too big of tweak, just makes using traps a bit less annoying.

DisplayFoodValues - So I don't put too much dumb stuff in my face.

Plantable Rabbit Hole - I only use this to plant a rabbit I've accidently made homeless because I'm sometimes kinda dumb and dig them up by accident.

Inedible Rot -  I also have a tendency to accidently eat rot also.  Like I said, dumb stuff in face syndrome.

Fabulous Maxwell - He drug me into this world against my will, he can jolly well pretty up for me. 

Once upon a time I found a forum post about the best and most useful mods.  I can no longer find that post.  Does anyone know of such a post and can direct me to it?  Alternatively, if anyone would like to just list the best and most useful mods here that would also be helpful.

If you meant my thread, it's dead now, but it's still here. Ton of inactive mods now though.

For updated ones, I'd recommend checking out:

Like an abandonned child, our mod collaboration is never mentionned  :frown-new: .

But I will never let it fall! Because this is sp it deserves his place! 

You should look at Hero in the Dark at least once! Please!

poor Hero in the Dark mod! :grin:  Don't worry, I've already downloaded it.  I haven't tried it yet, since I just put it in last night, but I will.  Where's My Beefalo and the Minimap are pretty much amazing.  Although with those two and Display Food Values enabled I had a weird incident where I had a random cluster of pigs spawn- like 10-15 or so. Which was inconvenient as I was playing as Webber.  I turned them off, but the pigs were still there.  I murdered them all, and they didn't come back, turned on the map and the beefalo one and I'm not sure what happened after that cuz then Deerclops happened...  I don't know if that was a game bug or a mod bug.  Also had a few perma-sleeping beefalo.

poor Hero in the Dark mod! :grin:  Don't worry, I've already downloaded it.  I haven't tried it yet, since I just put it in last night, but I will.  Where's My Beefalo and the Minimap are pretty much amazing.  Although with those two and Display Food Values enabled I had a weird incident where I had a random cluster of pigs spawn- like 10-15 or so. Which was inconvenient as I was playing as Webber.  I turned them off, but the pigs were still there.  I murdered them all, and they didn't come back, turned on the map and the beefalo one and I'm not sure what happened after that cuz then Deerclops happened...  I don't know if that was a game bug or a mod bug.  Also had a few perma-sleeping beefalo.

Those two mods should not be causing stuff to spawn, are you sure it was not the Pig's vs Merms encounter?

On a side note, to play our mod, you should generate a new world.

Selfishly, I will always recommend Camp Cuisine.... more foods.  It *is* named Don't Starve, after all...

Other than that, I'd have to say that 'best' or 'most useful' mods depend on the user.  We can recommend all that we want... but in the end it depends on what YOU find useful.

Cheers,

Coleen

Archived