The Closed Beta is now Closed

As much as it pains me to say this, I'll agree there. Either you or another Don't Starve streamer of your caliber. 

Ughhh it hurts to say that but you'd get so much more out of it than I would, since you'd be streaming D:

If I get that key and you don't I will give to you... If is a key or tradable gift.

Wow, um...

As much as I really appreciate this, I'd rather you do keep your key, it wouldn't be the same if I didn't earn it myself. Thank you so, so much though.

Hopefully 1000+ hours played (since alpha), a year of dedicated Don't Starve streaming, and a few bug reports are enough to bump me up the queue. Fingers crossed!

Well if that was the case a couple others and I would be in the same spot in the queue, but 80,000 applications I dont think it matters where you are; chances are slim regardless.

Keep hope alive!  Pick me!

i'd be extremely suprised if you're not included for the first round of closed beta flare. Theres few ppl who have put more into the community.

As for me, i'm relying on blind luck, the most i've ever done for the community is make forum posts and explain why glommer must die and catcoons must be protected on your stream chat a few dozen times, though it seems to fall on deaf ears every time :(

Most I've done is sacrifice one of the better adventure mode runs I've had to discover a bug that can kill you when you are dead, thus resulting in a game over even if you're wearing a life-giving amulet, or presumably have other methods of not dying when killed.

Best thing I've done is be the first (that I can locate, at least) to suggest the name Long Pork for the player meat drops, and even there I could be wrong and just not have seen an earlier one.

D35RPph.png

...so yeah I've done nothing of note at all.

No worries there, chum. They expressed their interest to put it in multiple times during their streams.

Oh I know they want it in. Why wouldn't they? But that doesn't mean it will be :/ The fact that it isn't going to be in it immediately means to me that it's a big deal to add it.

Oh I know they want it in. Why wouldn't they? But that doesn't mean it will be :/ The fact that it isn't going to be in it immediately means to me that it's a big deal to add it.

The whole dealio with it taking a long while to bring multiplayer to Don't Starve was incorporating how the server responded to a players action, movement, position etc. and how to display this to other users. Picking a berry bush isn't all that different from picking a cactus. It would definitely take more work to bring in Reign of Giants, but I don't think it would take as much work to set up the whole netcode type thing.

That was quick, 80,000 in that short amount of time; very impressive.

Good luck to all; you have a 0.000125 chance of being picked!

If we only picked one person.... 

We go to get to a sizable chunk of people who signed up. Which is why we closed it. 

Archived