New character for DST, place your bets ladies and gentlemen

I'm gonna get hate for this but PYRO!

10/10 I agree.

Pyro was the best Easter egg created by Klei (he has the most generic strings in his' sound files. No seriously get something to read the files and listen...) oh yeah and the items (flare gun, two forms of lolichop and chesterloonicorn) are still in the files last time I checked. But if anyone here remembers what JoeW said we can tell they're possibly hiding something or pulling a long April Fools joke (if so that joke was a month early then a month late but with more?)

But that's all I got!

I'm wondering so much why people really want Pyro in Don't Starve. It's not related at all. Get back to your own game where you were created, Pyro! I'd place my bet on Wortox.

Spookers and I backed up on this on one of the newer "Pyro threads" Spookers said he'd like to see how Klei implements him. I said I loved it because Pyro is the character I love. He does actually fit well with Don't Starve's detailed backstory (still has a few holes to fill, though!) I mean let me rip a recent example in everyone's most stereotypical video game; Call of Duty: Zombie mode. In this it seems we've got so much time that Treyarch used on backing a new set of characters from the future and then confuse the pot even more by putting another huge set of plot twists. The story made no real sene by the last map DLC they released (no I'm serious look at it.)

Now back on topic before I branch off again. Even though Don't Starve's got a detailed backstory evolving the time between 1902 and the early 1920's (or "Roaring Twenties") Klei still made people like me question "Who's the real bad guy and stuff?" as well as "Where did these Islands come from?" Which remain unsolved since we know literally nothing about the shadow watchers besides they caused this to take place.

Now please, I don't want to talk more about the topic this came from and my backing of it, I'm tired of explaining it in detail or simple formats.

Edit: but I agree on Wortox.

I would really want some character that is in the don't starve World before than maxwell.
Like if Wilbur was an evoluted splumonkey that saw all the things that happened to the misteryous ruins civilizations.
Or if Wortox was the one that created the DS world itself.
Or even Wilton that explain what the hell happened to that world before someone (Maxwell) get in there.
I just don't know, but i would love a more detailed backstory, not characters backstory, the DS world itself backstory.
Also **** my english.

My suggestion for a new character exclusive to Don't Starve Together (unlocked only in Don't Starve Together, but can be used in singleplayer after).

Werma. 

A girl swallowed whole by a Merm. Who is neutral to Merms but obviously a target to anything that would normally attack Merms (including pigs). 

She can build run down homes to spawn Merms and feeding them fish or frog legs causes a single Merm to act as a follower (similar to pigs). 

Werma comes with her very own talking fishing rod (can catch fish faster, how exciting!).

Her skin secretes a natural oil which provides resistance to rain (around the same percentage which Wilson's beard provides heat insulation). 

Werma is unlocked by fishing and finding a Merm head (roughly same chance of finding a spider skull for Webber). 

Stats wise she is on par with Webber. 

My suggestion for a new character exclusive to Don't Starve Together (unlocked only in Don't Starve Together, but can be used in singleplayer after).

Werma. 

A girl swallowed whole by a Merm. Who is neutral to Merms but obviously a target to anything that would normally attack Merms (including pigs). 

She can build run down homes to spawn Merms and feeding them fish or frog legs causes a single Merm to act as a follower (similar to pigs). 

Werma comes with her very own talking fishing rod (can catch fish faster, how exciting!).

Her skin secretes a natural oil which provides resistance to rain (around the same percentage which Wilson's beard provides heat insulation). 

Werma is unlocked by fishing and finding a Merm head (roughly same chance of finding a spider skull for Webber). 

This...

is...

******* GENIUS!! i'm up for this idea! 

Of the unimplemented characters, Wortox and Pyro seem like the best ones.

But Pyro would need to be called something different that starts with a W. 

I'm actually hoping they add as many characters as there is space for on a server, that way there are no doubles.

Of the unimplemented characters, Wortox and Pyro seem like the best ones.

But Pyro would need to be called something different that starts with a W. 

I'm actually hoping they add as many characters are there is space for on a server, that way there are no doubles.

i think they found him already on the game files and he appear as "wyro". but that doesn't mean hes gonna be in the game i guess, i don't know what they planning.

Werma. 

Seems way too similar to webber in my opinion. Although the rain resistance oil is neat.

I love that Wario mod, I don't use it often because I don't like that it replaces the music (at least for Autumn) for every character, but his audio clips are hilarious and there's something amazingly silly about being trapped in a wilderness world with somebody as ridiculous as Wario. Now if only we had an equally silly Waluigi mod...

Anyways, anybody a fan of Mokey the MOUSE?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176579364

His stats are absolutely atrocious to the point you probably won't survive more than a few days, but my goodness, his voice... It's so amazing. XD

Walken

Health: 200

Sanity: Maybe 100, maybe 200, whats... it TO you?

Hunger: 200

Specials: Cowbell, Soldering Iron, More Cowbell

Can I just saw that this is amazing and you are amazing.

I need Walken in Don't Starve now, I've got a fever and he's the only prescription.

There is some inconsistency here, does CHRLY have NFINITY health, hunger and sanity, or 99,999,999? This matters, I'm very bad at kiting and I take a lot of damage all the time everywhere. I also don't know how to attack things. I also don't know what Don't Starve is. :p

I am looking forward to her EVREETHNG special item and ability though, those are really going to change up potential play styles! XD

Archived