Well this is embarassing.

Since there is no technical help board, or introductory thread amongst what I saw; I am forced to post this here.

Hello, I'm a new member of the Don't Starve Community! I can't wait to contribute and be amongst you all, however I need a little help. Since signing up through Steam for these forums I'm unable to edit my own profile once signed in. This is confusing.

Looking into it, I've found: no confirmation emails in the inbox associated with my steam account, no way to, "activate" my profile from within the Klei Entertainment website itself, nor any reason as to why my account may be locked from me. I cannot even edit my avatar. Not wanting to immediately bother the staff with this problem I've decided to ask all of you in-case there is a simple fix. (I'll be contacting the Community admin shortly.)

Settings.png

Does anyone have any idea how to activate your account so you can edit your profile? Thank you.

Ironically, I was hoping to make this my avatar:

dontstarve.jpg

Bad Karma maybe?

Heya @Gumhoy, to avoid spammers and spam accounts, new forum registrations have to meet certain criteria (number of posts, etc...) in order to edit their profile and change profile pics/settings. To help you out with this, I've made a change to your account permissions and you should now be able to edit your profile and change your avatar!

Let us know if you run into any issues; oh and welcome to the Klei community forums!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this!

Glad to know you guys are on top of Spam bots as well - another thing Klei does to keep the community great.  :wilson_wink: 

Now. Time to set up my account.

@jbeetle Thanks bud!

Welcome to the community. You can't leave

Welcome to the community. You can't leave

:happypigs: Not if I complete the wooden thing and escape! :happypigs: 

Seriously though, I couldnt leave here if I tried. Don't Starve is a game I've only recently discovered, and I love it in every way. It feels like a game I could've made, or would have helped make. That's something really special to me.

Welcome to Klei @Gumhoy!

Thanks again! I hope y'all appreciate my help around here! I hope my mods and future art will make the game and community a better place to be.  :wilson_goodjob:

*You wake up in a Klei Forum that looks very similar to the last forum*

Welcome to Kl...wait a minute, did I do this somewhere else? 

Atleast we'll suffer in the Klei Forums endless torment together. Once Klei balances it for multi-player that is.

Say pal, welcome to the forum...you better find something to eat

Before night comes...

Meaty_Stew.png:wilson_laugh:  Want some?

Learn to be dapper.

It protects your brain cage.

I try my best.

*Totes my top hat* Top_Hat.png

The battle is always won in the brain!

Welcome fellow new member, glad to have you here. ^^

I do hope you enjoy yourself, and yes Don't Starve is quite an amazing game! It's full of such wonderful experiences and each discovery has such an impact on you. This game invokes such emotion and it's fantastic!

Also I'm happy to see you like to tamper with programming as well as draw~ Very nice indeed! We have this in common yes!

Oh and btw I put the last thing u need to get out of here in a swamp full of tentacles and guarded by spiderqueens
-Malk
P.s:good luck

I sure hope those are MY Spider Dens while playing as Webber! How else do you think I got the silk for my top hat? The silk beard never lies. If not. I never was fond of spiders... Perhaps I could lead the stupid things into the tentacles. If that doesnt work though: Ignore them, take the walking cane, grab the thing then high tail it out of there away from those Spider Queens! Only to run into clockwork when I want to activate the wooden thing...

Welcome in, pal. Take a seat. Stay a while.  :lemo:

You are the only SEAL I've ever been greeted by with a happy lemon. I love you.

Welcome, hope you have a great time here.

Stay beardy Wilson!

Welcome fellow new member, glad to have you here. ^^

I do hope you enjoy yourself, and yes Don't Starve is quite an amazing game! It's full of such wonderful experiences and each discovery has such an impact on you. This game invokes such emotion and it's fantastic!

Also I'm happy to see you like to tamper with programming as well as draw~ Very nice indeed! We have this in common yes!

A fellow new member!? How's about that.

I've been enjoying myself too much, I can't leave. As stated before in the thread by weirdobob. This place gets to you! Im seeing things. Anyone got some taffy? I think I could use a bedroll.

What I appreciate about your thinking is that you are also here not only because you like and enjoy the game, but you are also fully invested in trying to MAKE the game better with your opinion and skills.

Thank you so much for sharing with us the things you love!

On that note I should really start talking about the Mods I plan on bringing to Don't Starve.
(This may belong in the Mods section, but General Discussion has a wide umbrella and I dont need technical help yet.)

The first of which is a custom character called Wurder the Scarecrow.

I dont have my scanner working right now or else I'd show you guys some terrible art but here's the plan:

• Wurder is a sentient scare-crow!
    Cool! His head is a wheat sack!

• Starts with a free wooden stake!
    It's a bush hat, except you stand up and stretch your arms out.
    Enemies will not notice you unless they're already actively trying to attack you.
    This does not work on hounds.

• Has increased pick-up range/speed/basic attack!
    Pick up items/punch things from about 5-7 feet away with long arms in no time! (Ever bend down to use the animation to pick up sticks or wheat? Not with Wurder! This lets him pick up boss or hound drops without being in immediate danger if they die far away or from traps.) (The perfect farmer of grass/twig farms!) Let me be clear, he cannot use weapons to attack from 5-7 feet away. This reach bonus only applies to his basic melee punching attack.

• Acts like a living bird cage!
    Feed him fruit/veg! He'll give you seeds! Wickerbottom is a living science machine! Why cant I be a living bird cage!?

• You can now eat Grass!
    Eating Grass gives you 10 Temporary HP that acts as a shield on-top of your current HP up to a Cap.
    Eating Grass also bloats Wurder up! Making him move slower. Grass also now gives 1 Hunger!
    In a pinch? Chew some grass! (This ability does not work with grass made materials such as rope, only grass.)

• Can only eat fruit/vegetables and eggs!
    Meat is yuck!

As of right now I have no idea what his base Hunger/Sanity/Health should be - this would need to be determined by testing.

I tried to stick to KLEI's level of balance, something interesting and different that I could ACTUALLY see them put into the game as a viable character. That people anywhere in the world playing Don't Starve would enjoy playing.

On that note, I could use some feedback though: ARE HIS BENEFITS TO STRONG? WILL HE NEED ANOTHER DOWNSIDE?

The extra downside I was considering seems too harsh. 

• Takes extra damage from fire
    He may be a scarecrow, but this one just seems outright mean to anyone who fights the dragonfly. (In Vanilla Don't Starve however...)

So I came up with a second one that feels better.

• Temperature changes 20% faster, Wurder gets wet more easily.
    This ability will make Wurder strictly RoG compatible, and will also make Autumn the best season for him to be around! (The time of the harvest!)

Let me know what you all think and thank you for your time and appreciation once again!

hey i'm having that same problem too can some one help? 

If your post just appeared that should mean your account is unlocked!

Congratulations buddy!

(Unless the moderators are playing a bad joke on you.)

On that note I should really start talking about the Mods I plan on bringing to Don't Starve.

(This may belong in the Mods section, but General Discussion has a wide umbrella and I dont need technical help yet.)

The first of which is a custom character called Wurder the Scarecrow.

I dont have my scanner working right now or else I'd show you guys some terrible art but here's the plan:

• Wurder is a sentient scare-crow!

Cool! His head is a wheat sack!

• Starts with a free wooden stake!

It's a bush hat, except you stand up and stretch your arms out.

Enemies will not notice you unless they're already actively trying to attack you.

This does not work on hounds.

• Has increased pick-up range/speed/basic attack!

Pick up items/punch things from about 5-7 feet away with long arms in no time! (Ever bend down to use the animation to pick up sticks or wheat? Not with Wurder! This lets him pick up boss or hound drops without being in immediate danger if they die far away or from traps.) (The perfect farmer of grass/twig farms!) Let me be clear, he cannot use weapons to attack from 5-7 feet away. This reach bonus only applies to his basic melee punching attack.

• Acts like a living bird cage!

Feed him fruit/veg! He'll give you seeds! Wickerbottom is a living science machine! Why cant I be a living bird cage!?

• You can now eat Grass!

Eating Grass gives you 10 Temporary HP that acts as a shield on-top of your current HP up to a Cap.

Eating Grass also bloats Wurder up! Making him move slower. Grass also now gives 1 Hunger!

In a pinch? Chew some grass! (This ability does not work with grass made materials such as rope, only grass.)

• Can only eat fruit/vegetables and eggs!

Meat is yuck!

As of right now I have no idea what his base Hunger/Sanity/Health should be - this would need to be determined by testing.

I tried to stick to KLEI's level of balance, something interesting and different that I could ACTUALLY see them put into the game as a viable character. That people anywhere in the world playing Don't Starve would enjoy playing.

On that note, I could use some feedback though: ARE HIS BENEFITS TO STRONG? WILL HE NEED ANOTHER DOWNSIDE?

The extra downside I was considering seems too harsh. 

• Takes extra damage from fire

He may be a scarecrow, but this one just seems outright mean to anyone who fights the dragonfly. (In Vanilla Don't Starve however...)

So I came up with a second one that feels better.

• Temperature changes 20% faster, Wurder gets wet more easily.

This ability will make Wurder strictly RoG compatible, and will also make Autumn the best season for him to be around! (The time of the harvest!)

Let me know what you all think and thank you for your time and appreciation once again!

Wow, these are really good mod ideas! I wish you luck for the future......and welcome to the forums! YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE

Archived