Don't Starve Together not PVP heavy

Is it just me or do people hate when others mention PVP in other topics. People act live don't starve Togethers PvP is going to be fun and amazing but in reality its going to be like a pig fight. wow gonna be so fun kiting friends. Omg can't wait. All the hype. Its gonna be like 2 pigs fighting, boring and uninteresting

Boring combat aside, I just find it saddening that in a world where everything is trying to kill you already, people are actually taking on this disgusting Dayz mindset of " If I'm gonna join this server I'm going to murder everyone and steal their stuff. But hey, that's probably me.

Edit: Pvp is already optional? I really should try too keep up to date with all of this. In that case I agree there that there should be a change in the existing combat.

Yes, I agree Don't Starve is not a pvp based game,I think servers made ONLY for pvp would be boring.

I do too. However, I don't think it'd be boring if it's mixed in. Worst case scenario is that pvp is enabled and I never actually hit anybody - big loss, right there.

Im happy at least some people understand that pvp in dont starve just won't work. Let's say you wander around the map for a few days, find the other players then kill them and its game over by day 10-20. And let's by honest that's 10% of what DS has to offer. Not to mention some characters start with superior weapons and armor, and webber who can make an army of spiders.

That's why I'm hoping they're going to add onto the combat at least some, because it's direly needed.

Yeah! Maybe add like, sprinting or something! Not just in multiplayer though but in the real game! Maybe it were to make your hunger go down faster. Then when it gets to certain point, your unable to sprint. And maybe some characters can sprint faster than others! 

Yeah! Maybe add like, sprinting or something! Not just in multiplayer though but in the real game! Maybe it were to make your hunger go down faster. Then when it gets to certain point, your unable to sprint. And maybe some characters can sprint faster than others! 

Nah, that doesn't really add anything to combat much if the other player can just run after you. Maybe like blocking or parrying. Something that's just as good as kiting and is viable in a fight. And it works against anything, not just other players.

Is it just me or do people hate when others mention PVP in other topics. People act live don't starve Togethers PvP is going to be fun and amazing but in reality its going to be like a pig fight. wow gonna be so fun kiting friends. Omg can't wait. All the hype. Its gonna be like 2 pigs fighting, boring and uninteresting

KITE MY BOOMERANGS.

Now, I don't think anybody would go so far as to create a "PvP exclusive" server, where it's kill or be killed. I believe(hope) that people will keep PvP on more as insurance than for the fun of kiting players.

You can just host a game, and not have PVP.  It is optional.  With PVP, games within games can be formed.  Tag, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Hide and go seek and It WILL be amazing and fun with the right person.  People might post RPs, or more side games.  It requires imagination.  It is up to the player to decide. Get creative with your world.  Find ways to punish people if they mess with your peeps.  You don't just want a troll to get the best of you, and then you just ban him.  They laugh when people ban them, but they get annoyed when someone killed them.

Blow darts will pretty much be insta-win, if anyone can gather them up quick enough. 

The only way I could see a PVP system working is with specifically designed maps littered with resources and if it were large enough for a tribal-warfare style battle. Secret safe-houses, traps, maybe they could add some sort of easy-to-make bolas or snare weapon to make it possible to actually outrun other players.

Capture the flag would be pretty cool too. The combat system is fairly basic, but if they added more easily-crafted weapons that cause status effects then an objective-oriented PVP system would be plausible, I think.

Glad PvP will be optional. That will solve everybody's view on it for DST.

And remember, it's very likely items will be "rebalanced" first for DST then again for PvP. How it works now in Single-Player mode may not be how it works in DST/PvP. Heck, there could be 3 iterations of an item's properties  based on DS/DST/PvP mode being on or not. 

Archived