Xbox One Version  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an Xbox One version?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Undecided.

Seriously guys, come on, make an Xbox One version. I'm starting to think you guys are picking favorites. What could you possibly lose from having an Xbox version? Not only that, but the controller for the Xbox One is better, so it would be easier to find controls to set. This is your chance to have a new demographic play your games. Many people have asked you this, and not only have you not made an Xbox One version, you haven't even given a reason why! So I ask again, why?

(By the way, this isn't a console wars thread so I'm going to ignore any "Sony Supremacy" crap.)

Don't Starve is a PS4 console exclusive. This is very likely part of an agreement made with Sony, Klei would hardly be able to release an Xbox One version without losing Sony's support in promoting the game within the PSN.

Don't Starve is a PS4 console exclusive. This is very likely part of an agreement made with Sony, Klei would hardly be able to release an Xbox One version without losing Sony's support in promoting the game within the PSN.

And Minecraft is an Xbox One "exclusive", but it's still rumored to be on the PS4 in the future.

And Minecraft is an Xbox One "exclusive", but it's still rumored to be on the PS4 in the future.

Yeah, but Minecraft is not confirmed to be on PS4 (yet).  It is on PS3, so I can see why it would be on PS4.  The makers of minecraft and Don't Starve are different companies, so they would have different opinions.  Many games are PS3 exclusive and have done very well, so they might just have it on PS4.  Although, the PC beats both Xbox and Playstation, so its fun to just have it here.

OBJECTION!

Minecraft is an XBox 360 exclusive! Along with the iOS and Android! So your statement is faulty!

(I had to, I'm sorry)

SILENCE! (Play this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXRZrSJd4zU ) That may be true, Mack-dono, but relative to consoles, it is currently exclusive to Microsoft consoles. (So did I.)

There is a contradiction in that statement! It is not only exclusive to microsoft, it's also exclusive to the PS3!

i know, I know, someone may have already explained this.

I believe Microsoft still has a launch parity clause for Xbox, meaning that they will refuse to allow games to be released on their console unless it is either released first on Xbox, or the Xbox release is simultaneous with other platforms.

If that is still the case, then even without a Sony exclusivity deal, that makes an Xbox version of Don't Starve unlikely, unless Microsoft drops that policy.

Why would anyone on xbox want dont starve. Most of them criticize playstation for having indie games such as don't starve calling it the indieStation 4. With that kind of aditude towards indie games and developers. give then crap . Let them be dude bros who hate indies and play sports games and FPS games.

Seriously guys, come on, make an Xbox One version. I'm starting to think you guys are picking favorites. What could you possibly lose from having an Xbox version? Not only that, but the controller for the Xbox One is better, so it would be easier to find controls to set. This is your chance to have a new demographic play your games. Many people have asked you this, and not only have you not made an Xbox One version, you haven't even given a reason why! So I ask again, why?

(By the way, this isn't a console wars thread so I'm going to ignore any "Sony Supremacy" crap.)

spiritcrusher77, it seems you don't want an argument, but the way you're explaining yourself with agression, ain't gonna get you far (I know from experience). No wonder why most people voted no in the poll. But anyway, back to the topic:

It'd be awesome to have DS on Xbox One, but as many have mentioned, Klei got DS on PS4 with having to make some stuff that they didn't really want. Xbox One makers could be the same or even more demanding.

We really don't need this game on more platforms. I resented the fact that we had to put it on PS+ because thet'd just dilute the quality of the game. Devs lose time that they could be spending on bettering the game (unless they hired more people, of course).

IMO, why bring this game anywhere other than the best productivity/gaming platform; the PC? Get a pc, get it over with. These consoles have to go, they're holding us all back.

Yeah, even if Klei wanted to, at this point, it's not happening. Microsoft has that policy that was mentioned, where the title must either be on Xbox first, or at the same time as the other releases. Honestly, it's a pretty terrible policy.

As for Minecraft, it's not an Xbox One exclusive, and I don't know where you picked that up.

Anyways, it is extremely unlikely for Don't Starve to come to Xbox One.

We really don't need this game on more platforms. I resented the fact that we had to put it on PS+ because thet'd just dilute the quality of the game. Devs lose time that they could be spending on bettering the game (unless they hired more people, of course).

IMO, why bring this game anywhere other than the best productivity/gaming platform; the PC? Get a pc, get it over with. These consoles have to go, they're holding us all back.

They're not holding us back, though. It would've been more expensive for me to buy a computer with the same specs as the PS4. The real problem is console exclusivity, which is a business practice that isn't going away anytime soon. Another similar issue is one that occurs on PC as well: Windows-only games.

Ok so before anyone hates on me I own a xbox and I think have an xbox 1 version of dont starve= R.I.P don't starve for consoles. Imagen when DST is released all the people saying "do this u ***** cnt or I'll hack u hahaha" or all the little kids going "HAI I WANNA HELP YOU WITH MY HIGH VOICE AND CRAP INTERNET" so I rest my case.

-Malk

I'm sorry, but you can't just say "It would work better on Xbox One because the Xbox One Controller is better" without backing it up. You left us with no facts or pros and cons to help us decide which one is actually better. To be honest, I doubt you've even tried a PS4 Controller.

I'm no help either, I play on PC Only. (Why wouldn't you? It's easy to run and will always be the first thing worked on by the Devs.)

Archived