Xbox One Version  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an Xbox One version?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Undecided.

So I own the PS4 version. As someone else has stated Don't Starve: Console Edition is a PS4 EXCLUSIVE when it comes to consoles. It even states this on the PS4 Store so NO there will NOT be a Xbox One version.

I'm sorry, but you can't just say "It would work better on Xbox One because the Xbox One Controller is better" without backing it up. You left us with no facts or pros and cons to help us decide which one is actually better. To be honest, I doubt you've even tried a PS4 Controller.

I'm no help either, I play on PC Only. (Why wouldn't you? It's easy to run and will always be the first thing worked on by the Devs.)

Don't get me wrong, I love Steam. I just feel like if they're releasing on the PS4, the least they could is put it on the Xbox One as well.

I honestly think that if they could, they would.

nope . microsoft changed how they deal with game developers . they don't want late releases so if it doesn't show up at the same time or before it shows up on other systems they don't want it . they tied their own hands with some legal mumbojumbo . its already on the ps network so it can't be on microsofts

Don't Starve is a PS4 console exclusive. This is very likely part of an agreement made with Sony, Klei would hardly be able to release an Xbox One version without losing Sony's support in promoting the game within the PSN.

I believe Microsoft still has a launch parity clause for Xbox, meaning that they will refuse to allow games to be released on their console unless it is either released first on Xbox, or the Xbox release is simultaneous with other platforms.

If that is still the case, then even without a Sony exclusivity deal, that makes an Xbox version of Don't Starve unlikely, unless Microsoft drops that policy.

What Simplex and Syd wrote 

[Oh hi Syd I'm back, good to see you! (I Saw Simplex a few days ago so always good to also see him!)]

What Simplex and Syd wrote 

[Oh hi Syd I'm back, good to see you! (I Saw Simplex a few days ago so always good to also see him!)]

Yep, I'm still around! I haven't been posting a whole lot (I'm pretty much in "Wait for DST" mode) but I'm always keeping an eye on things.

qQkCTon.jpg

Archived