What are your thoughts on the new update?

Jetexx

Love it all :D The upgrade to steam performance is lush.

I love that there are more spiders that jump out per hit, makes it a bit harder to get the loots :p

Though I'll only truly be content if they add a onscreen minimap option for the corner ;)

- - - Updated - - -

it pissed me off.

Why so? :(

Edited by Arcadias

I like the 60 fps and being able to save at any point in the day now, no more waiting around till dusk. Krampus, I feel, is a great mechanic.

Looking forward to seeing what's got the spiders all riled up *cough*spiderqueen*cough*, hopefully when that comes out the nests will have less spawned spiders per hit but even if it doesn't I'm fine with it.

I do wish they would've made it so all my tallbird nests got a new tallbird, the only way i'll be able to experience the smallbird/egg hatching is if I make a new world. As I'm on day 224 I'm quite hesitant to do so.

Thus far, confused...

Have a redbird in a cage (Can't seem to catch a crow), and I've fed him tons of everything (seems to react most to seeds), and nothing seems to have come of it.

-Edit: Figured out a use for'em... But I don't know how to do spoiler tags, so I won't say it.

Destroyed 8-9 L3 Spider Nests, no queen or anything.

No clue why I'm catching these rabbits, unless it's just gonna make me kill'em...which I just can't bring myself to do! It's so much easier when the trap does it for you!!

Love the save ability!

I think logs are burning out a lot faster, don't care too much for that.

...We'll see how things change as I figure out reasons for the new things!

EDIT- Oh, and it seems like since the update I'm having an issue where the character gets 'stuck' doing things, flashing between two places for 10 seconds or so (about half an inch apart)... Never happened before the update.

Edited by CelticWraith

Destroyed 8-9 L3 Spider Nests, no queen or anything

Well I don't think it'll be in this update, mainly becuase the Krampus hidden spoiler was in the Hounds Update but didnt come out till the Naughty/Nice update. So becuase the hidden spoiler was in the Naughty/Nice i reckon it'll be in the next one :)

But thats just a theory! :p

Well I don't think it'll be in this update, mainly becuase the Krampus hidden spoiler was in the Hounds Update but didnt come out till the Naughty/Nice update. So becuase the hidden spoiler was in the Naughty/Nice i reckon it'll be in the next one :)

But thats just a theory! :p

Very good point... But I'll be prepared! By the time the next update rolls around, my 10 pig army will have decimated every sad little spider nest on the map. (even with the higher number of spiders spawning, those guys just destroy'em! Still knocking about 3-4 nests per pig-army)

I didn't read anything, went through a play-though just now, and set a lv. 3 spider nest on fire while completely alone. Needless to say, I got destroyed in seconds by the now huge spider hordes. Will be hunting the buggers a lot earlier now, that's for sure!

Absolutely love the framerate boost! The Smallbirds are the ugliest things in the world and I love them for it! Krampus has really been "krampin'" my style (badum-tish), but in a good, challenging way.

And I can still survive the whole night with 2 logs, so I'm content with the burning changes. Thumbs up!

The one complaint I have is the logs have been nerfed as a firesource. I think maybe 2 for a comfy fire, 3 for a huge one would be a lot more reasonable. 4 logs to achieve a comfy fire is WAY too much. Why am I burning an ENTIRE TREE every night?

Agreed there, but would affect the games fairness.

The games feels fairly unchanged to me. I haven't experienced krampus, though. Never hunted all that much. Also, when it comes to fire,

GRASS>>>>>>>>>>>WOOD

This is absurdly imbalanced. A single piece of rope will keep the fire going from dusk all the way to noon.