Don't Starve coming to PlayStation Vita

Hey guys, 

Don't Starve is coming to the PlayStation Vita! 

From the PlayStation blog..

Don’t Starve: Giant Edition will include the original Don’t Starve along with all of the updates currently released on PC and PS4, including the multi-leveled caves update and the discoverable “Adventure Mode” that puts your survival skills to the test with multiple randomly-generated unique worlds as you try to escape your wild and strange prison.

Along with the original version of Don’t Starve, you’ll also get the Reign of Giants Expansion included! So Vita players will get access to the original nine characters and two new additions. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.

Check it out: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/06/dont-starve-giant-edition-coming-to-ps-vita/

Awesome! Sony announced they are ditching the PsVita over loss of money though.. But awesome! Don't Starve on the go!

Whut? You know since the PS4 was released the Vita sales sky-rocketed, right? (It hasn't sold as well as Sony wanted it to, mind you.) They recently announced the PS4 + Vita bundle, too. So Vita support will be here for a long while yet.

I assume you got it confused with the announcement they made about no longer shipping/producing PSP's - which is no biggy at this point. 

Great news, Klei! Keep up the awesome work. I'll definitely be buying this, most of my Don't Starve time has been spent in remote play anyway. :wilson_love:

...Be buying it as long as dat elusive PS4 update actually arrives of course. :wilson_unhappy:

Oh my goodness gracious! (Sorry i couldn't resist making a BBT reference even though that probably does not sound like one. I won't do it again.... anytime soon, anyway.)

Wh-why did it do that? That was scary...

Will we have to purchase the game again if we already own it on ps4?

We aren't exactly sure what we are going to be able to do. But because Don't Starve: Giant edition includes the DLC and the PS+ launch promo, we won't be able to do crossbuy for this. 

But we definitely looking into our options here. 

Archived