Just a quick little question about Wigfrid

dont know about mandrake but i would imagine not. She cant eat dragonpie, but it isnt such a big deal for her, since she gets health+sanity when she kills things.

"She gets health and sanity when she kills smt ?!?!" OMG MY WHOLE LIFE WAS A LIE ! :D 

I wasn't know this.. That explains so much things.. Thank you brother ! Thanks so much.. 

No she can not eat mandrakes, or mandrake soup, only thing she can do with a mandrake is pick it and cook it but she can not eat the cooked mandrake either.

Hence she can only use the "sleep" function of the mandrake if she has a campfire near,

Wigfrid can only items in the 'meat' section. If it involves fruit, then it isn't fit for a viking!

And eggs. And she can eat crock pot stuff made with fruits, as long as it also contains meat.

They do?  Where?  What kind of butterfly?

And hair = karatin = horn = protein, so if you can eat the Guardian's Horn, why shouldnt you be able to eat hair?

Humans don't really have strong enough stomach acid/enzymes to derive significant nutrition from hair. Some of the more specialized predators (Hyena, for example) can do so, but not people.

Maybe the horn is meaty on the inside.

Why are we even talking about whether people can or can't eat hair? Most things (including people) can't, it's why cats throw up hairballs. Having one strange exception doesn't mean the Don't Starve characters should be able to digest anything.

Anyway, I can see the argument for why Wigfrid should be able to eat butterfly wings, but they really aren't meaty. They -are- part of an animal (...or, err... living... thing?) so it could go either way without being unreasonable, but yeah.

Humans don't really have strong enough stomach acid/enzymes to derive significant nutrition from hair. Some of the more specialized predators (Hyena, for example) can do so, but not people.

Yes thats true.

Maybe take a step back and rather than considering whether butterfly wings are technically "meat" or not, consider, would it be appropriate for a (method acting) viking to eat butterfly wings?  In a generic imaginary setting, who eats butterfly wings?  Marauding ruffians out for glory in battle?  Or dainty forest creatures like fairies, elves and satyrs?  Regardless of the 'meatiness' of them, I think Wigfrid refusing butterfly wings is consistent with her character.  I don't really care either way though, it won't bother me if she can eat them.

Just for lore, she's pure carnivore so she only eat what is comming from animals or be an animal dead or alive.

Carnivore include flesh and meat so yeah buterfly wing is a "flesh" from buterbly.

Same way she can eat eeg or fish like vegetarian, only vegan does't eat animals product lile eeg or fish.

You can eat the meat from lureplant, because they are "recycled element" converted to flesh and meat x)

So you can be a farmer and give fruit, plant, poop or what you wana to lure plant for get meat ^^ !

Archived