All of the Giants need a buff (yes, all)

You heard me right ;D I just beat all of these "giants" with nothing but a football helmet, logsuit, and tentacle spike. They should at least require the next tier of armor and weapons....The Bearger and Goose/Moose are just pathetic right now XD I realize they might get an update soon, but they really need some toughening up! Bearger should have some sort of rushing attack, like the rooks. And he should defiantly not stand still most of the time. Goose/Moose should do something more silly, like how he looks. Maybe when he does his honk attack, it could jumble around your inventory, or make you drop more than just your weapon. He should also have some sort of head slamming attack, one that's faster than his regular attack.

Deerclops is just same ol' deerclops. He could use a new attack or some new animation or something. I tire of seeing that poor man do the same thing every time I slaughter him xD He needs a few new surprises. Maybe some mob adds? I don't know....something to spice up an old enemy.

And of course, Mr. Dragonfly. He is the only challenging one, but I think he should get some sort of ranged attack. Why? Because I want to see the world burn. Really, I would like to see him have a sort of ranged attack, but contradicting my title his fire damage while close should really have a cooldown effect. What I mean, is if you start getting burned by him, it damages you every second it seems. Maybe tone that down to a two second pause between burns? Just an idea :D 

These are just my opinions of course. What do you guys think? (and yes, I realize the giants are not done being programmed, I just wanted to throw in some feedback <3)

I haven't fought the others yet, but Deerclops just needs to be more aggressive. My recent fight he did pretty good, so I think its fair to say he fine for now.

Yeah he seems to like to run away from me whenever he spawns xD He should focus on the player as soon as I see him on screen :D

Buildings are just way too distracting it seems.

I believe Deerclops' AI prioritizes structures since he's supposed to wreck camps more so than actually kill you.The recent buff he got already makes him have the most powerful attack next to the Dragonfly's, being able to freeze you in place and make pigs useless. He just needs to focus on players more.

And of course, Mr. Dragonfly. He is the only challenging one, but I think he should get some sort of ranged attack. Why? Because I want to see the world burn. Really, I would like to see him have a sort of ranged attack, but contradicting my title his fire damage while close should really have a cooldown effect. What I mean, is if you start getting burned by him, it damages you every second it seems. Maybe tone that down to a two second pause between burns? Just an idea :D

You want him to have a ranged attack? Ok, let me be my anti self for a little while and give a suggestion. Jason, will you do the honors?

Give him the ability to spit a stream of lava/burning spit at the player when he's trying to run away, setting everything on fire. Then, at times, let him do a spinning attack that sends balls of burning spit everywhere. Sound good?

Time to use this illusive account once again... I agree with your point. Fighting these things should be epic. I mean, the entire DLC's named after them. Here are my ideas for their new stats:

Bearger:

Health - 3000 (yes, 1.5x as much. This one has the second toughest skin and is one of the hardest to kill of the four. It does do the second least damage)

Damage - 100 (the same)

New secondary attack - 75 (explanation under here)

It should get a new secondary attack where it takes a huge pile of dirt from the ground and rolls it at you like a tumbleweed.

Enrage - It should move (this includes the charge attack) 0.2x as fast when its health is under 1000

Deerclops:

Health - 4000 (indeed, 2x as much. It is the toughest but also does the least damage of the giants)

Damage - 75 (the same)

Secondary attack - 25, makes you move 80% of your normal speed for 10 seconds. Is only able to use it when enrages. Deerclops grabs a chunk of ice from the ground/his beard? Lol. And throws it at you.

Enrage - Can use its secondary attack when under 1000 health

Dragonfly:

Health - 2000 (it stays the same because dragon scales are strong mmmh?)

Damage - 125

Secondary attack - 30, with an additional 30 damage each second lasting for 3 seconds. The dragonfly casually spits a "gtfo fireball" at you.

Enrage - Under 750 health the dragonfly will take some distance from the player at quite a rapid speed, and start using its secondary attack. It will not do the distance thing again (the distance taking a one time thing to show people that it's pissed and to show its new attack. It helps some people mentally prepare for a new attack) but from this moment on it will start using its secondary.

Goose/Moose:

Health - 1750 (0.825x its current health, lowest, but this is one crazy bastard)

Damage - 125, 150 when enraged

Secondary attack - 200, only uses it when enraged (sorry Maxwell, dat 75 health of yours doe)

Enrage - Under 500 health the Goose Moose gets pissed. Its secondary attack is basically its final way of murdering you. The Goose/Moose spreads its wings, and takes a leap at the player at quite a speed. It's possible to dodge this, but it packs quite a punch. Its standard attack also increases in damage.

Judging from the Bearger's design, I had thought it would more be like a "beastmaster/druid" related thing of sorts. I guess I've played too much Warcraft III. But anyway, I think he should be able to summon various animals to attack you, like Tallbirds, Koalefants, Angry Beefalos, Volt Goats, Bees, and Frogs. None of these summoned creatures would drop loot, to avoid farming. Maybe he could have some nature-related powers too, like some kind of earthquake attack.

My spiders killed the Goose Moose, which I never thought spiders would be able to kill giants. I was hoping they would only show me the Goose attacks and weaken him, so I could have a easier fight. It was a bit disappointing when they won, since I thought I would get to fight.

Every fight against the bosses is a piece of cake with an army of rocky balboas, so  even if the bosses are buffed, then Rock Lobsters should be nerfed too in order to make it more balanced.

I have to disagree with ya ;D Rock Lobsters may take out the giant, but then they will keep multiplying, more and more every day. Soon, no more beefalos are around because they got murdered. Then, some rock lobsters move into your base, they kill your bees D: They are relentless and a horrible curse. That's why (spoilers I guess) Maxwell sealed them down in the caves. They are horrible creatures :(

(I hate rock lobsters if you couldn't tell xD)

Judging from the Bearger's design, I had thought it would more be like a "beastmaster/druid" related thing of sorts. I guess I've played too much Warcraft III. But anyway, I think he should be able to summon various animals to attack you, like Tallbirds, Koalefants, Angry Beefalos, Volt Goats, Bees, and Frogs. None of these summoned creatures would drop loot, to avoid farming. Maybe he could have some nature-related powers too, like some kind of earthquake attack.

This is an amazing idea! :D Love it

I have to disagree with ya ;D Rock Lobsters may take out the giant, but then they will keep multiplying, more and more every day. Soon, no more beefalos are around because they got murdered. Then, some rock lobsters move into your base, they kill your bees D: They are relentless and a horrible curse. That's why (spoilers I guess) Maxwell sealed them down in the caves. They are horrible creatures :(

(I hate rock lobsters if you couldn't tell xD)

This is an amazing idea! :grin: Love it

That's why I said they should be nerfed D: I actually brought a few to the surface and boom suddenly I have rock lobsters everywhere, I know that feeling... Big mistake :(

But with great boss buffs, there comes great boss drops. Basically I think there should be alternative recipes that you can create from bosses item that it drops. E.g. Deerclop's Eye. That are albeit more useful to the player. Maybe with say the Bearger's claw you could create a sword. 

Just increase their health and damage every cycle. Hound sizes increase the longer the game goes on, so why not other mobs :D

There is already a mod that does that kind of thing though, needs a bit of tuning, but im def going to download it.

Its sad that the only fear I get from giants is for my base, not myself. So many bases destroyed, so much time spent rebuilding, so many god damn Hibernation Vests T_T

Welcome to the Hibernation Station

Welcome to the Hibernation Station

WelcometotheHibernationStation

WelcometotheHibernationStation

WELCOMETOTHEHIBERNATIONSTATION

Just increase their health and damage every cycle. Hound sizes increase the longer the game goes on, so why not other mobs :grin:

There is already a mod that does that kind of thing though, needs a bit of tuning, but im def going to download it.

That wouldn't work well at all :( I can kill Bearger and Goose without getting hit. Making them take longer to kill is just gonna be annoying, not take anymore skill D:

That wouldn't work well at all :( I can kill Bearger and Goose without getting hit. Making them take longer to kill is just gonna be annoying, not take anymore skill D:

Assuming @Ogrecakes is talking about my mod (who else would increase Don't Starve's difficulty), it does buff their damage and health, but it also shortens the time between attacks, and increases their running speed.

If anyone kites a giant after day 100 with my mod (Can't Live Forever) on, I would like a video please.

I think Goose needs a buff because spiders easily killed him. 

Dragonfly is awesome as he is.

Deerclops is fine too, though he could be a little more willing to chase at times.

Bearager, this guy is charges constantly or never follows me. I don't like how he can knock the weapon out of my hand with everyone of his attacks either.

I've only run into the bearger naturally and he totally destroyed my base and killed me easy. Oh, and he DOES have a rushing attack like the rook. It seems bugged right now, because some people report him standing completely still and not moving at all but for me, he pretty much ONLY used charge. And believe me, that attack is undodgeable, destroys everything in his path and makes you drop your weapon.

The dragonfly is already very hard.

The Goose Moose is pretty easy. Possibly buff her somewhat.

The deerclops... Eh. Based on pre-DLC encounters he was kiteable, but with the freezing attack he seems hard enough.

So only the Goose Moose.

Archived