Some info from the devs.

• Developer
As you know, on April 2nd we’re releasing an update to Reign of Giants at the same time we open the doors on Steam’s Early Access. Here's what you can expect from that update:

The seasonal giants are now in the game.

• Each giant has a loot item that it drops. Currently, the bosses all simply drop the item. However, in the future, the bosses will drop crafting materials that will allow the construction of these items.

• We’ve already made plans to tweak the animations, sound and behaviours of a couple of the bosses in the next update, but the basic behaviours for each boss are in.

Webber.

• You can unlock and play as Webber now!

• We're still writing Webber's strings. We hope to finish them before the we have to build the update but if we don't, he may have some of Wilson's strings as placeholder.

Mechanic tweaks.

• We made tweaks to wildfires during the summer season. You can now smother a smouldering object with your hands at the cost of some health. We also added a dim glow to anything that is smouldering so it will be easier to notice during dusk and night. You can now also change the frequency of wildfires in the world customization screen.

• We think overheating is in a good place, we’re just not messaging the ways to deal with the heat well enough. We changed some strings around that will hopefully help clarify how to stay alive in summer. 

• We added a heat insulation bonus to night time, and both heat and cold insulation bonuses to the caves so your temperatures will not rise or fall as quickly in these times/ areas.

Additional content.

• As with before, we’re not going to list all the new content so you can discover it for yourselves!

Bug fixes.

• We fixed some bugs.

At this point, the content in Reign of Giants is mostly complete, save a few more recipes and craftables that will be going in over the coming month. We’ve been collecting feedback, but most of our development time over March was still going into making the new content. Our focus for the month of April will be fixing bugs and making balance changes in relation to the feedback we have pulled from the forums. Thanks to all our testers for playing the content early and helping us finish up Reign of Giants! 

Full patch notes will come out with the update.

Giants and webber? Heat insulation at night?

YESSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSS YES YES YES YES....

Sorry, i had a moment. SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE A THREAD TOMORROW ASKING WHAT WE HAVE FOUND SO FAR. Sorry for obsessive caps use. Also, being able to change wildfires in world gen? I'm both happy and sad at that. Sad as in i will have to start a whole new game to change that, happy as in we can finally do that. (To be honest i'll probably set wildfires to none if i can xD)

Webber's strings. Get it? Strings. Cuz he's a spider... and he makes string...

On a related, I hope it isn't taking you days just to write variations of "hiss" over and over.

If every quote on Webber is just hissing over and over, that will ruin some of the enjoyment from the character for me.

• Developer

Webber's strings. Get it? Strings. Cuz he's a spider... and he makes string...

On a related, I hope it isn't taking you days just to write variations of "hiss" over and over.

Don't worry - we're writing actual strings for hisss speech file.

Edit: Sorry, have hissing on the mind.

Archived