Rope insane fire fuel?

Def

I think making it harder could be better, I've never once not had enough fuel to light my fires and keep them going.

But I think that's exactly what the developers want, otherwise it would too punitive, since the darkness kills you rather quick and there's no way to gather resources without a light source.

I don't know, but I have this feel that the fire shouldn't be a big resource consumer.

There are 2 things in this game that you have to do CONSTANTLY in order to survive.

1. Eat.
  2. Make fires.

The eating part is varied enough so it doesn't get repetitive. But the burning stuff is pretty boring. You have some alternatives to it but the main way most people do it is with a camp fire. If you have to spend half the day gathering stuff to burn through the night, it would get boring really fast.

It may be a little bit too easy now, with the latest patch, but before it it was boooooring and repetitive. I wouldn't mind a compromise between before and now, but if it's before OR now, I say stick with it as it is.

[...] exploring the night should be more encouraged [...]

I couldn't agree more. The only thing that is worth at nights right now are fireflies, and you collect them to light your base so you don't have to worry about the night... so it kind of defeats the purpose right there.

Currently i have an excess (lol sorry no reference to u >.<) of poo. 2 poo gets u thru the night, 4 poo pretty much gives u the biggest fire for the entire night, provided u light it when dusk is about to end, not b4. With that herd of beefalo spooning me up when i sleep in a bedroll, there is tons of poo lying just around my base.