New Character Prediction

Dryicefox

Winnie, Webber *, Wortox and Wilton may be in this mod, I mean DLC. (6v6).

• A few character models have been known to have once been in the files of Don't Starve: Winnie, Webber, Wallace, Wortox, Waverly, and Woodrow; excluding Wilton and Wilbur, as Wilton is still an existing model and Wilbur only has a portrait and a skull on record.

• We have 4 of these 7 characters in select screen portraits AND save portraits: Winnie, Webber, Wortox and Wilton.

• I, myself, have experienced both of the FSBs for Winnie, Wallace, Woodrow(Not his own), and Wilton straight from the game files.

• The common relative between these characters is their deviance from the current characters.
    - Webber is a spider, not even human(?), his weird quirks are questionable.
    - Wilton is a skeleton, an already dead person, super-natural in nature, he is considered an abomination just as Webber and Wilton are.
    - Wortox is some kind of cryptozoological being, relating to the underground levels of Don't Starve as in some religions the color red and anthropomorphized beings are representative of evil and hell-like lands. Hell as in reference to the religious belief of hell.
    - Winnie is THE ONLY CHARACTER who does not have the deep RED, that all other characters have at least somewhere on their clothing and or body, at all or is dominated by black.
    ''Upon further examination into the game files along with the wiki, the pink has been changed to a red. Winnie is plausible now; though Wallace, Waverly, Woodrow, and Wilbur are just as plausible as her. She might be the extreme of the four in the sense that she may represent spring, is not super-natural, and has an affinity for birds somehow in relation to the "Goose."

• --- Also, the reasoning behind not putting Wallace or Wavely in has to do with them fitting in too much.

• - Wallace seems like a creepy old man, perfect for doing something

• - Waverly seems much more like a defined character in the way that she looks like a witch. She seems like a kick in the teeth to those who made the Waverly mod and to the previous 4 characters because of her summoning mobs in the mod. She could, however, fit in because of the super-natural theme of the Reign of Giants Mod.

* - (Confirmed or just teased?)

Thanks to the Developers and The Don't Starve Wikia for all information.

Wilton I hope not. Unless they change his voice into xhylophones.

Are you calling me unnatural?

Personally, I will not be playing the main characters until I beat adventure mode with my mod, a character that is close to Wes stat-wise. Call me a hard-mode fan, Iknowit, because I'd rather not be building a base just to see if I survive the winter.

The characters, in my opinion, seem gimmicky. A chance winter survivor, a night lady, a powerhouse, a bot that can go super saiyan, a small girl with a powerful ghost, a lumberjack with a transformation, an alchemy woman, a dead man walking, and a man who, seemingly,  cannot go insane without a Codex.  

I think I'd definitely play as maybe Webber or Winnie, Wallace and Waverly for sure.

Waverly seems fun, she's a character based on sanity.

Webber is just different and Wallace is just so... on par creepy with wolves.

Winnie seems to be the only tame one, so I dunno.

I'm really looking forward to Webber and Wortox simply because they are monster critters. Webber is likely to have perks with spiders, so having tons of spider queens and nests in late game may actually be a good thing for me. Wortox is a demon and I'm curious if that will have any benefits.

Overall, all the new characters seem fun! I will play and master them all!

What's with these characters, that are from Halloween? I doubt they're removed permanently, just wait till next Halloween will come and I bet those characters will be back in game for a while, so. Thought, Webber should be a character in the game forever. Everyone likes him way too much :)

What's with these characters, that are from Halloween? I doubt they're removed permanently, just wait till next Halloween will come and I bet those characters will be back in game for a while, so. Thought, Webber should be a character in the game forever. Everyone likes him way too much :-)

They're not from Halloween, they're characters that were in production but either were never finished or were scrapped.  They never were in the game, although some people have created mods for some of them such as Wilton, Webber, and Waverly.  Please keep in mind though that mods are not official content, so don't confuse the fakes for the official versions.

What's with these characters, that are from Halloween? I doubt they're removed permanently, just wait till next Halloween will come and I bet those characters will be back in game for a while, so. Thought, Webber should be a character in the game forever. Everyone likes him way too much :-)

excuse me mister negative you think they are halloween character then look at wendy, willow do they look normal for you

excuse me mister negative you think they are halloween character then look at wendy, willow do they look normal for you

The basis of the character art was designed around two central themes: Gothic and Sketched.

Whilst I do agree that some of them are very halloweeny. None of them can truly be called such in this game, with exclusion of Waverly(not really).

Willow seems entirely more gothic than the tall Winnie. Shown through her character portrait, she is one of the tallest unimplemented characters that own a portrait. Everyone in this game is more dark than her. She is like a beacon in comparison and I like that.

If anything, the least plausible character would be Wilbur as he is barely even on the files.

Webber is like because he is iconic and cute. He is basically the thing that most people fight first in the game; making him relatable to most.

The basis of the character art was designed around two central themes: Gothic and Sketched.

I agree with that. The best way i describe the game art style is that Dr. Seuss meets Tim Burton. 

Willow seems entirely more gothic than the tall Winnie. Shown through her character portrait, she is one of the tallest unimplemented characters that own a portrait. Everyone in this game is more dark than her. She is like a beacon in comparison and I like that.

Looks can be deceiving. If she becomes a character, I bet her dialog will be darker than wendy's

Archived