Wednesday DLC Update - (third teaser) Part II

JoeW

Just a question which I know you probably can't answer at this stage, but I may as well try.

How much of the DLC's content will be in the first beta, before giants and stuff are added? The majority of it? About half? Just curious!

So only those who have steam can access it? How can I get when the beta comes?

The answers are in this thread and the how to get into beta thread,  early access will be sold "You will buy it through the humble store widget we have similar to this one" , then it will be available on steam at a later date.

Edit: thats how i understand it at least

So only those who have steam can access it? How can I get when the beta comes?

Yes, You will buy it through the Humble Widget but you will play it through Steam. It will come to the standalone, but for the sake of the beta, it's better for us to keep it in one place.  

This has probably been answered and I just haven't noticed it, but how and where do we get the DLC beta? And if so, can I have the link to the site? Or has it just not been publicly released?

The DLC beta isn't out yet. You can expect it sometime around the end of this month of the beginning of the next month. Right now it is looking like it will be by the end of the month.

One question: If you install the DLC to your game, will it still be possible to remove afterwards?

It will install to your game. However you will be able to turn it on and off. So, if you want to go back to the Vanilla version you just turn it off and you are all set. We thought it was important that people be able to play the game with/without the DLC any time they want.

Yes, You will buy it through the Humble Widget but you will play it through Steam. It will come to the standalone, but for the sake of the beta, it's better for us to keep it in one place.   The DLC beta isn't out yet. You can expect it sometime around the end of this month of the beginning of the next month. Right now it is looking like it will be by the end of the month. It will install to your game. However you will be able to turn it on and off. So, if you want to go back to the Vanilla version you just turn it off and you are all set. We thought it was important that people be able to play the game with/without the DLC any time they want.

Hopefully my comp will be fixed by then!

Yes, You will buy it through the Humble Widget but you will play it through Steam. It will come to the standalone, but for the sake of the beta, it's better for us to keep it in one place.  

so, I want to get this straight, you will need steam to play the beta, even though earlier it was mentioned it would be released from humble and then to steam? iirc

I don't mean any offense, but this is a huge middle finger to those that bought the game from you directly vs the steam community that pays less....

so, I want to get this straight, you will need steam to play the beta, even though earlier it was mentioned it would be released from humble and then to steam? iirc

I don't mean any offense, but this is a huge middle finger to those that bought the game from you directly vs the steam community that pays less....

This has always been the case with all the previous betas. just saying. it's easier to distribute. also, isn't humble always steam?

This has always been the case with all the previous betas. just saying. it's easier to distribute. also, isn't humble always steam?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_bundle

is not affiliated with steam, just saying.

I bought my copy of this game via steam(for 6$ vs the 15$ normally), I was not here for the initial release, but it seems a bit unfair,

I am just pointing this out.

but my main point was earlier it was said that it would go through humble first and then to steam later, not requiring steam initially...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_bundle

is not affiliated with steam, just saying.

I bought my copy of this game via steam(for 6$ vs the 15$ normally), I was not here for the initial release, but it seems a bit unfair,

I am just pointing this out.

but my main point was earlier it was said that it would go through humble first and then to steam later, not requiring steam initially...

well that part of my comment was really just the after thought.

Archived