I kind of like the idea of him being nocturnal, and Charlie attacking him during the day instead of night. Of course, Summers are going to be awfully hard for him unless there's some sort of clock modification which comes with the character -times switched so that you're not spending the majority of his 'day' avoiding Charlie. I'm figuring literally a reversed clock - long night short day. But then also comes with the problem of everything being asleep on the surface aside from other spiders so unless there's maybe a hat you can craft (some spider sunglasses or somethin I don't know. Maybe fueling a Miner's hat with Nightmare Fuel instead?) that allows you limited daytime adventures. 

But maybe giants aren't the only things being added, maybe there'll be smaller versions of them which will act like Webber's equivalent of pigs, Beefalo etc. 

Just some thoughts. 

Hmmmm...it's a bit strange. Just like the werebeaver, if he had night-vision that shouldn't really counter the Grue, because regardless she's not being warded off by any source of light.

I'm thinking she would attack him during the daytime instead since that's when he wouldn't be able to see her. Charlie seems to operate more on a "attack when cannot be seen" sort of thing judging by the Werebeaver's nightvision thing.

But, I'm sure Klei's just kind of sitting there reading this thread with popcorn and excess butter flavouring. 

Personally I believe the were-beaver isnt attacked because the grue recognizes something as messed up as it. After all it doesnt attack the werepigs. Were seem to be too crazy for even grue.

And If there is popcorn I would like some with salt and real butter on it. 

Maybe he should have a exclusive craftable made of silk that is basically a level 1 den except he can sleep in it. 

Also maybe a different one could make him evolve so to speak for like half a day into a warrior spider that has low sanity and hunger but a bit higher hp?

I'd go with..

+ Spawns 3 pieces of silk in his inventory every morning

+ Suffers no movement speed penalty when walking on webbing

+ Can use 3 silk to create a section of webbed flooring*

+ 3 Passive Sanity Regen per minute whilst standing still

- Fruit and vegetables cause Sanity loss and restore no Hunger

- Can't Sleep*

- Is attacked on sight by Pigmen

- Loses Sanity near fire*

*The webbed flooring would be visually the same as the regular spider webbing you see around Spider Dens, and one section would be equal in size to the other flooring types.

I took away his ability to sleep because spiders don't sleep, they just go into a sort of "standby" state kinda like your computer does when you leave it for long enough. That's also why I countered it with the sanity regeneration whilst stationary.

His Sanity loss near fire would kinda be like the reverse of Willow's. Same range as Willows and I'd make it -10 per minute. Not overly debilitating, it would only really cause some Sanity loss whilst warming up in winter or cooking over a campfire/firepit.

Seems balanced-ish to me but feel free to demolish it and or counter it with your own ideas. 

To be honest I think the webbed flooring thing is kinda obvious. I'd be surprised if they didn't already have that in mind a long time ago, because the practical applications for that would be endless. Imagine dropping web tiles all over a cluster of rabbit holes lol.

Webber is already released custom character. Btw, NOBODY ever said he was gonna be an original character. Only cause he was in the trailer doesn't mean he's gonna be a real character. Where does it say that Webber is an upcoming character with just a prototype mod?

- Perhaps. He's a spider, right? Besides, assuming he's unlocked based on XP, players will be already experienced enough to understand the mechanics of light (making the Grue a non-issue), thus it allows them to explore a night-oriented game with further freedom.

- I don't see spiders sleeping in beds.

I agree with only being able to sleep during the day it makes sense. And as for where he sleeps, he should sleep on web turf, that is what spiders do, even tarantulas the rest (not really sleep) on web mats. 

Sorta on Topic since werre talking about spiders: Was I one of the only people who loved the scene with Shelob in it from the Lord of the rings?

No I liked it too. Although she was too much of a normal giant tarantula instead of being a spider-like beast with horn(s) and stuff in my opinion.

About Webber, I don't know how Charlies attack should be visualized in bright daylight. In my mind she works like the ''monster'' from the movie Darkness Falls (2003) only in the darkness.

I don't know if the obvious has to be considered. Perhaps he is hated by everything Pigs, Beefalos, Spiders ..etc because he is different (Frankenstein Creature).

Eating Monster Meat without drawbacks kinda works for me and also not being influenced by the cobweb. But I'm not sure and very interested in him. ^^

No I liked it too. Although she was too much of a normal giant tarantula instead of being a spider-like beast with horn(s) and stuff in my opinion.

About Webber, I don't know how Charlies attack should be visualized in bright daylight. In my mind she works like the ''monster'' from the movie Darkness Falls (2003) only in the darkness.

I don't know if the obvious has to be considered. Perhaps he is hated by everything Pigs, Beefalos, Spiders ..etc because he is different (Frankenstein Creature).

Eating Monster Meat without drawbacks kinda works for me and also not being influenced by the cobweb. But I'm not sure and very interested in him. ^^

We'll have to see how Charlie interacts with him when the DLC come out.

We'll have to see how Charlie interacts with him when the DLC come out.

Of course! But before that we can go lunatic with ideas and totally senseless thoughts! Yarrrrrr.

I think the dangerous darkness is too much of a core element of the game to be changed for a character. Doesn't seems right for me.

Hey, Webber could just sit down and pretend he is a spider (like a included Bushhat) but it would cost sanity as long as he does it because he got personality issues (not knowing excactly if he is a spider or a spiderman)

and Pigs would still attack of course.

Of course! But before that we can go lunatic with ideas and totally senseless thoughts! Yarrrrrr.

I think the dangerous darkness is too much of a core element of the game to be changed for a character. Doesn't seems right for me.

Hey, Webber could just sit down and pretend he is a spider (like a included Bushhat) but it would cost sanity as long as he does it because he got personality issues (not knowing excactly if he is a spider or a spiderman)

and Pigs would still attack of course.

Willow's lighter is the same as removing the grue. You just hold it as an endless, weak torch.

Personally, the only request I have is he hiss like a spider does in game when he attacks...and intermittently for no reason like a spider does in game. 

Webber's head-legs grow and you become big to face the giants.

WxcDq5X.png

Teen Titans' Fang, is that you?

(skip to 2:15 if you can't enjoy the song ya meanie!) 

Archived