New Klei Game?

(I don't know if this would be in this forum section or not... so...)

If you watched the trailer, you know what I'm talking about, if you didn't watch it yet, during the middle, some sort of game is shown, it involves you playing as some guy wielding a flashlight, wandering around, following a path. There is also a battery gauge at the top of the screen.

At the end of the trailer is kind of a screamer, showing a picture that could be related to this game.

What do you guys think? Do you think it's related to Don't Starve? How do you think this game will play?

yea except it would make no sense for it randomly be thrown in there.

It could be there as a red herring for the puzzle, or a bone thrown to the fans in the form of concept work. It just seems like they wouldn't make another survival game with the same premise immediately after fully finishing one survival game with the same premise.

It could be there as a red herring for the puzzle, or a bone thrown to the fans in the form of concept work. It just seems like they wouldn't make another survival game with the same premise immediately after fully finishing one survival game with the same premise.

a red herring would also be random and unlike Klei...unless I missed one in all the other trailers. I'm up for being clued in on any of them though if you know of any.

also, there's nothing to indicate it has the same premise. there's a fire, it's dark. that's about it. 

I'm not saying it isn't concept art or scrapped styles, but it's completely random if that's the case. It wasn't even made to look like a farewell trailer.

We don't know how the game shown is technically played yet, though. So we can't just say it's Don't Starve all over again.

All we know is you wander around with a flashlight and you have a battery-draining mechanic, and campfires

One thing to note is that the person in the flashlight video doesn't seem to match the person in the campfire screamer part. I'm going to stick by and say that the last part at least is related to Don't Starve, but I will admit the 3D part is pretty different.

That being said, it seems to be fairly obvious that they are using Don't Starve assets. Pretty much everything is Don't Starve stuff except the silhouette.

Well, if it's still an extreme early alpha game it would make sense that they'd use assets from another game of theirs with similar sounds temporarily.

One thing to note is that the person in the flashlight video doesn't seem to match the person in the campfire screamer part.

Well, in the art, the guy is wearing a hoodie, maybe in the gameplay, the guy has his hood down.

They're gonna do that before they fix the current game? I hope not.

You should read (again) this post :

When November rolls around, the majority of the dev team is going to focus on the first Don’t Starve DLC. We haven’t decided what this is going to be yet (not multiplayer!), but I think that we are leaning towards bringing crazy new challenges set in the same world. We want to be able to make big scary changes to the game rules and do strange new things without changing the core, vanilla DS experience.

Source : http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/26119-an-update-on-don%E2%80%99t-starve/

of course the name of the game is...Don't Slender, hehe! 

Okay more seriously now...

Well, in the art, the guy is wearing a hoodie, maybe in the gameplay, the guy has his hood down.

Umm, it's not a guy...perhaps. I take you to the puzzle thread where we go to the discovered link

Is it possible we're looking in the trailer looking at approximately just before 1:00 at..Charlie..before whatever happened with the Codex that caused the "Night Monster" maybe? 

You should read (again) this post :

When November rolls around, the majority of the dev team is going to focus on the first Don’t Starve DLC. We haven’t decided what this is going to be yet (not multiplayer!), but I think that we are leaning towards bringing crazy new challenges set in the same world. We want to be able to make big scary changes to the game rules and do strange new things without changing the core, vanilla DS experience.

At the end of the quote, wouldn't this thing shown in the trailer, if it was DLC, change the Core, Vanilla DS experience?

I really want to believe this is a new game.

At the end of the quote, wouldn't this thing shown in the trailer, if it was DLC, change the Core, Vanilla DS experience?

I really want to believe this is a new game.

the way in the scene where the guy with the flashlight is looks like one of the don't starve roads, it could be possible to be maxwells origin how he got in the don't starve world

Archived