JeMiChi's Cave for Doodles and stuff

JeMiChi, that looks awesome!

Thank you very much! ^w^

That's looking really good, I wish I remembered how to knit >< Or sew properly for that matter. I see you have a smallbird on your shoulder as well ;)

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Look it up from Google like I did! :razz:

That smallbird "helped" me with the job, so of course he needed to show up in the photo too..! xD

BIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRD!

And what an awesome bird he is! He doesn't lay eggs, but he drops lots of green feathers. Now, if I could just figure out what to do with them.. xD

That is one NICE bird you got there.

It would be a shame if sssssomething happenssss to it...

And also that hat looks AMAZING!!

How kind of you to worry about my bird's well-being, but let me assure you, that he can take really good care of himself..! :D

Thank you very much! ^w^

THAT HAT IS SO FLIPPIN AMAZING

I'm imagining you actually going out into the wild and making it now. 

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! At least it keeps my ears from freezing! :D

Hey, that's your face!

*like*

Waaaah..! 

I'm glad you like my face! xD

make a feather hat for hamsters

That's actually a brilliant idea! :D

Or I could make a feather hat for the DS figurine, but it will take some months before I can have one...

To tell you the truth, I'm actually using some of those feathers in my "secret art project".

But I can't show it yet. Because it's a secret..!

However, I can give a little hint; it has about 60 small feathers in it. :p

That's actually a brilliant idea! :grin:

Or I could make a feather hat for the DS figurine, but it will take some months before I can have one...

To tell you the truth, I'm actually using some of those feathers in my "secret art project".

But I can't show it yet. Because it's a secret..!

However, I can give a little hint; it has about 60 small feathers in it. :razz:

A chester full of feathers?

A chester full of feathers?

Not a bad guess :grin:

I wonder how many feathers can you stack anyway..?

However, the feathers were used for the wings of this little guy (recipe: 60 jet feathers, 5 nightmare fuel, 2 twigs, and a... Maxwell to craft them)

post-295473-0-67292900-1390163029_thumb.

This little Wilson was a gift for @Miss so I had to keep this a secret until she got him. xD

If you want to know how I really made him and his wings, I can post some work-in-process shots and stuff later.

I won't have much new DS art to show until march anyway, since I need to concentrate on other stuff right now... But I'll be back after I'm done with my other projects. ^w^

• Like 6

However, the feathers were used for the wings of this little guy (recipe: 60 jet feathers, 5 nightmare fuel, 2 twigs, and a... Maxwell to craft them)

attachicon.gifWilson with Wings.JPG

This little Wilson was a gift for @Miss so I had to keep this a secret until she got him. xD

If you want to know how I really made him and his wings, I can post some work-in-process shots and stuff later.

I won't have much new DS art to show until march anyway, since I need to concentrate on other stuff right now... But I'll be back after I'm done with my other projects. ^w^

• Like 1

(img)

This little Wilson was a gift for @Miss so I had to keep this a secret until she got him. xD If you want to know how I really made him and his wings, I can post some work-in-process shots and stuff later.

I love this little Wilson, thanks a lot :grin: He's sitting on my left speaker as I write :3

I'd love to feature this on DeviantArt if you don't mind. Is there any certain picture you would like me to feature? http://theonlyhorse.deviantart.com/journal/Don-t-Starve-Awesome-fan-art-405767819

nice texture on those wings

Real feathers and paint I believe.

• Like 1

I'm sorry about the late replies... For some reason I had some problems in using these forums. >_<

I love this little Wilson, thanks a lot :grin: He's sitting on my left speaker as I write :3

I'd love to feature this on DeviantArt if you don't mind. Is there any certain picture you would like me to feature? http://theonlyhorse.deviantart.com/journal/Don-t-Starve-Awesome-fan-art-405767819

Real feathers and paint I believe.

Awww, thank you! I'm glad you like him so much! :grin:

Sure, you can feature it. That would be awesome!

I'm afraid this is the best photo of him that I have though, it's really hard to get any good photos in this dark house.. >_<

You can use this photo, if you don't mind having my hand in it. Of course I can try to edit some of the other photos too (or you could snap a better photo of him yourself, I have nothing against that either)

That reminds me that I was supposed to upload this on DeviantArt as well..

nice texture on those wings

Thank you! ^w^

Like Miss said, they were made with real feathers and painted.

Joaaar, wanna see! ^^

Alright, here comes my collection of work in process photos with some descriptions and tips for those who want to try doing something similar. ;)

There's a lot, so I'll add it in a spoiler tag:

post-295473-0-99894700-1390402698_thumb.post-295473-0-40040900-1390402708_thumb.

Here you can see my tools, and the base of the little sculpture. Making a "wireframe" from metal wire and aluminium foil helps to hold the shape of the sculpture while you work on it, and it's especially useful for thin parts. Because of it you won't need that much clay either. ^^

post-295473-0-28726900-1390402719_thumb.post-295473-0-15638600-1390402726_thumb.

There are different colors of clay used, which makes the painting easier later. If you use clay like this (Cernit for example), it may have gotten old and "turned into a stone", like in my case. But you can revive it with a bit of cooking oil (only a tiny drop, and knead the clay with it - small piece at a time). ;)

After sculpting, you need to bake your creation in the oven. It will be done in about 30 minutes.

Later, I painted the little Wilson with acrylic paints that dry fast.

post-295473-0-73182700-1390402739_thumb.post-295473-0-21717600-1390402748_thumb.

Now then, the wings. I cut a piece of black paper for the base to attach the feathers on. At first I tried to paint the feathers with a black Copic marker, but the color was only attached to the white/gray parts of the feathers, but not on the green/blue pigment. Either way, I glued them to the paper base, on both sides. There are about 60 feathers total, believe it or not, in as anatomically correct order as possible.

After all the feathers were in their own places, I painted the wings with the same acrylic paints as the whole sculpture.

post-295473-0-85016500-1390402905_thumb.post-295473-0-91121100-1390402770_thumb.

To make the paint last (and look smoother), I added varnish on the whole sculpture and the wings, and glued the wings on Wilson.

No birds were harmed in the making of this sculpture.

All the feathers were generously donated by my parrot within the last 6 years. I have loads of them, so I could do plenty of wings like these.

My mom fell in love with the wings, so I'll probably have to make another pair of them for her use anyway..! xD

• Like 1

attachicon.gifWilson with Wings.JPG

oh my good lord that is insanely adorable! good job on the sculpture!

I used to do alot of sculpting a couple of years back, really should get back into it someday.

• Like 1

This cave has been dead for way too long.....

But now, this thread has been revived - by the power of spiders!!! post-295473-0-69505800-1399925541.png

To celebrate that, have a Webber, and an angry Catcoon!

post-295473-0-85145600-1399925694_thumb.

Poor Webber, everything hates him... Except spiders..

I've been desperately trying to unlock Webber in the game, with no luck... >_<

For those of you, who don't like spiders, for one reason, or another...

Enjoy this picture of Snow-Chester (that I edited from an old drawing of mine)!

post-295473-0-52245000-1399926188_thumb.

Necro.... Wha... What are you talking about?!

My thread obviously wears an amulet! See?

post-295473-0-51230200-1399926304_thumb. 

I'll be back with more - sooner or later..! ^w^

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

This cave has been dead for way too long.....

But now, this thread has been revived - by the power of spiders!!!

(img)

To celebrate that, have a Webber, and an angry Catcoon!

(img)

Poor Webber, everything hates him... Except spiders.. I've been desperately trying to unlock Webber in the game, with no luck... >_<

I haven't had any luck either >< I shall gather my pig army and venture into the lands of spider nests!

For those of you, who don't like spiders, for one reason, or another... Enjoy this picture of Snow-Chester (that I edited from an old drawing of mine)!

(img)

During winter I bet he's warm and cuddly :3

Necro.... Wha... What are you talking about?! My thread obviously wears an amulet! See?

(img)

I'll be back with more - sooner or later..! ^w^

I see what u did thar :razz:

• Like 1

I haven't had any luck either >< I shall gather my pig army and venture into the lands of spider nests!

During winter I bet he's warm and cuddly :3

I see what u did thar :razz:

YES! Time to invite some pigs!!!

Haha, it's kind of sad that I've only found 2 spider dens from my current game's map (far from any pigs).. I guess they are all stuffed into some tiny isolated island somewhere far away... >_<

And I'm too stubborn to start a new game. :p

Oh well, eventually there will be a spider queen. Then I can lead her right to a pig village!!!! *evil laugh*

*hugs snow Chester*

Haha, I'm so funny! *shot*

I was hesitating bringing this thread back to life after 8 years of silence, but I'm very much back now, and with some "new" content to share! (these were sketched in 2014, but I decided to pick them up again and finally finish them) ^^

I'm also curious to see if posting something new will fix this thread as it appears to have broken while I was gone, with many of the posts missing (I can see them in my activity so I know they SHOULD be here, but I'm not seeing them in the thread...) so consider this my little science experiment. :wilson_flower:

Anyway, here is a little comic where Wilson gets adopted by a Tallbird. Don't try this at home, it won't work. I just thought that Wilson looks a bit like a Smallbird if you squint. A Smallnerd as someone said. :D 

Wilson the Smallbird.jpg

The Tallbird Debate.jpg

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

Offering some cute critters for a little sanity boost in these trying times! :wilson_flower:

Glommer.thumb.png.9108861b6b2bb50f743b8cc09c2d00ee.pngGiblet.thumb.png.5f95dde4a396c235cea82e77867904cb.png

Smallbird.thumb.png.baf42105b54bf01173a58bad6d4a1629.pngKitcoon.thumb.png.33fb6b756beec0c96ab0af44fd2f71df.png

I was delighted to find out that you could adopt pets now, and get all kinds of cool reskins for everything - including those pets (so of course I made my Giblet a parrot xD ). I was already familiar with Smallbirds, as one could guess from my previous post, but never had much luck keeping them alive for long... I had seen Glommer before, but since my strategy has mostly been to run from everything that moves, I never found out what a sweet camp buddy it is until now! I always struggled with sanity, but that's no longer a problem. :D  Another thing that brought me joy was to discover the Kitcoon minigame, and the one in my drawing is the kind that I got. I named the little guy Salmiakki. ^^

And for something different: Those of you who read the chapters of my fic in 2013 might be interested in hearing that I FINALLY finished it! I will not share the updated / new chapters here, but you can find the entire fic on AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/works/41310618/chapters/103582773

On 9/1/2022 at 12:35 AM, Castaccio said:

I'm glad that came to good use ;)

But for real, welcome back! I saw your thread of doodles and I love them a lot. I look forward to more! :D

Indeed! I said I'd be back eventually. :D The delay was much longer than I assumed though, but better late than never. xD

On 9/1/2022 at 3:41 AM, minespatch said:

I noticed you reacting my work! Wow, 2014, that's quite a leap! Thanks for showing more of your work.

Hey! It's been quite a while indeed, but I'm glad to be back! ^^

And yeah, you have some awesome art, and you have a LOT of it! I'm glad you came to visit, as this will work as a reminder for me to go back and properly look at everything in your thread when I have the time. Thanks for sharing your works as well! ^^ 

• Like 4
  • GL Happy 1