Change To The Recipe Of The Alchemy Engine.

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Alchemy Engine to be more expenisve?

• Yes, it needs to be harder to get.
    • No, it's fine as it is.
    • I don't care either way.

As it is now, the Alchemy Engine doesn't have a different recipe from the Science Machine. It's the same materials but in bigger quantity, so chances are that in most playthroughs the Science Machines only purpose will be to prototype the Alchemy Engine and then get hammered 5 seconds after being deployed for the first time.

So please consider making the Alchemy Engine have a more varied and expensive recipe to be considered the 2nd tier science research station instead of the 1st. For the same reason the Prestihatitator's recipe was changed.

Things like gears, reeds or marble etc should work, or even more expensive materials that i might've not thought of.

What crafting recipes will be unlocked in a machine with that cost?

All the items that were the tier 3 before, the walkin cane and some other new things made out of marble (like a marble hammer that might deal the same damage as the Thulecite Club but slow the player by 10% and drains hunger faster).

All the items that were the tier 3 before, the walkin cane and some other new things made out of marble (like a marble hammer that might deal the same damage as the Thulecite Club but slow the player by 10% and drains hunger faster).

Tier 3 used to be the shadow manipulator,now is the prestihatitator.It's not worth all those materials(it's more expensive than the shadow manipulator).

However,Ilike the idea of late-game stuff wich isn't magic,pseudo scientific or obtained trough drops,and marble things like marble,broken shell pieces and gears need more usage.

Tier 3 used to be the shadow manipulator,now is the prestihatitator.It's not worth all those materials(it's more expensive than the shadow manipulator).

However,Ilike the idea of late-game stuff wich isn't magic,pseudo scientific or obtained trough drops,and marble things like marble,broken shell pieces and gears need more usage.

The prestihatitator and the shadow manipulator unlock the magic tier. What I mean with tier 3 is only the science tier 3, which previously was unlocked by the shadow manipulator. Also, I don't think its more expensive than shadow manipulator: 

shadow manipulator needs living logs, which needs killing a treeguard which means finding a treeguard. I am now at day 51 and I chopped down  an entire forest and no treeguard showed up. Also, walrusk tusks are not so difficoult to get, if the drop rate is changed to 75%. This machine might need only one winter to get build.

Sort of yes, sort of no. I don't use the Science Machine, quite frankly. I more just sort of wander until I get all the materials I need to make both machines, then I make a Science Machine, make an Alchemy Engine, and smash the first one. This adds little to no extra time taken up wandering. Sure, you could say I'm intentionally not playing the game properly, but I am. I'm going to be needing all the materials anyway, so even if I purposefully didn't go for an alchemy engine ASAP, I'd end up acquiring all the materials necessary anyway. Why not just cut out the middleman.

What I expected, and what I wanted, was for the next update to include a new machine to take up the place of the Shadow Manipulator. As it stands, it's really, really overly easy to get to the second and now highest level of science.

It's a shame that science and that is never going to be much more expansive, considering most of these last updates are only having to do with caves and gems and magic. I guess that's what you should expect with an indie game, though.

Maybe the Alchemy engine could require something that could only be gathered with a tool that required the science machine to prototype.  That way you would have to build the science machine and then go and gather that resource and then come back and build the alchemy.  Of course you could just plop the science machine down right next to the resource to gather, so maybe it should be two different things that wouldn't be found in the same place.

I normally have an alchemy engine by day 5 (day 3 being my earliest) and many others seem to have it this way too, so its either this or a new tier which contains half of the alchemy engines stuff

I normally have an alchemy engine on day 2,my earlier being day one at night.So yes,something needs to be done.

Archived