Optimus Pine is easy to kill but takes sooooo long...

It's just tedious. It took around 20-something hits with a spear, over the course of like a third of a day. <_<

Dodging and countering him is easy, but damn it takes forever. Doesn't even drop that good of a loot pile for how long he takes to kill. Maybe he could drop graveyard stuff? It's not really worth bothering for one meat and 5 logs. I would have calmed him, but all the pine cones were on the ground around his spawn.

When you get really good you can hit him 4 times in-between each swing. Graveyard loot wouldn't be too bad but they will be removing research points so they wouldn't have lasting use besides decoration i don't think. But i feel ya.

*Swing*.....*Swing*.....*Swing*....*Swing*....*Swing*....*Swing*....*Swing*....*Swing*....*Swing*....*Swing*.... Okay now to return to what i was doing by my campfire o.O...

Edit: Btw hitting him with torches causes him to light on fire (Beware your items.) and is a good method between swapping spears and torch to take him down pretty fast.

Edited by Joyousterror

What Joyousterror said. You need to learn exactly how far away you need to be to not get hit; then, as Soon as you hear the "whoooosh" noise of him missing, start spam-clicking Optimus. Now, take four quick swings and then immediately run away again; he'll start to swing just after the fourth hit but miss because you're already moving. I can actually kill a small- or medium-sized Optimus Pine in about the same time is takes to kill your average Tentacle, but it really does take some practice: they completely dominated me the first couple times I tried to fight one.

Protip: get lined up with him and then use WASD to run away. That way, there's no risk that your character will stand around commenting on stuff you clicked on by mistake... and getting hit because of that.

Kay so...I was just killed by Optimus Pine...I was kting him nicely but damn I fucked up and got killed. However, I tried the torch thing and it wouldn't work...I even tried taking it out my Inventory and clicking him with it but it didn't set him up.

What did I do wrong?

just had my 2nd encounter with one and i can't kill em to save my life, tried kiting, still got wacked. planted pine cones to calm him, then set him on fire, not phased, lit a campfire and lead him over it repeatedly, again just kept chasing me while on fire.

think i'm sticking to grass and twigs for now haha, chopping a dead tree that just drops 1 pine cone doesn't have a chance to spawn an optimus pine does it?

Or you could just lead him to the nearest pig village and watch them try to kill him, then pick up all the meat and pigskins he creates. He also loses aggro to you and then just walks around randomly. He's actually useful for farming pig villages.

I have to try this when I find a pig village without a king.

I have to try this when I find a pig village without a king.

There is no need to do this. the pig king cannot be targetted by u or by the ai. Hes like a building. He wont die, and he doesnt become hostile if u kill his minion pigs right under his nose.