[SPOILERS]File Diving: The Motherload

Where are the pictures? you ask yourself. Give me time, there's a lot to upload!

I am in the beta test for the newest Don't Starve update. In these betas, Klei tends to hide the art for the update (after the aforementioned update) in the game files. I've taken it upon myself to hunt down these sprites and share them with the world.

So as it would appear, we are getting ruins in the update after this coming update. These are clearly the ruins of a civilization gone by. In fact, the majority of the new objects I've found appear to be relics. Before I begin, however, I found an odd file containing the pieces of all the clockwork robots. This is bizarre, because they all have their own separate files. To top it off, it was branded with "ruins". Here it is:

Posted Image

I'm going to post the relics presently.

EDIT: RELICS! This is a "multitool". The game files hint that it is a dual pickaxe/axe.

Posted Image

I found a bowl:

Posted Image

A less than comfortable looking chair:

Posted Image

A... chipbowl? Oddly enough, this picture contains the chair as seen above:

Posted Image

This is also called a chipbowl, but it appears to have been hammered into oblivion:

Posted Image

A plate:

Posted Image

This is called rubble. Looks like it was once a sundial or a table:

Posted Image

This is probably the table before it got smashed:

Posted Image

Obligatory vase. It's not crafted with slurtle shell, sadly:

Posted Image

Gems for... a statue? Read on:

http://i43.tinypic.com/v8q0kg.png

In a different shape:

http://i39.tinypic.com/34tbdie.png

-MASSIVE SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT-

Edited by Cozyhut3
  • Like 1

Where are the pictures? you ask yourself. Give me time, there's a lot to upload!

I am in the beta test for the newest Don't Starve update. In these betas, Klei tends to hide the art for the update (after the aforementioned update) in the game files. I've taken it upon myself to hunt down these sprites and share them with the world.

So as it would appear, we are getting ruins in the update after this coming update. These are clearly the ruins of a civilization gone by. In fact, the majority of the new objects I've found appear to be relics. Before I begin, however, I found an odd file containing the pieces of all the clockwork robots. This is bizarre, because they all have their own separate files. To top it off, it was branded with "ruins". Here it is:

Posted Image

I'm going to post the relics presently.

EDIT: RELICS! This is a "multitool". The game files hint that it is a dual pickaxe/axe.

Posted Image

I found a bowl:

Posted Image

A less than comfortable looking chair:

Posted Image

A... chipbowl? Oddly enough, this picture contains the chair as seen above:

Posted Image

This is also called a chipbowl, but it appears to have been hammered into oblivion:

Posted Image

A plate:

Posted Image

This is called rubble. Looks like it was once a sundial or a table:

Posted Image

This is probably the table before it got smashed:

Posted Image

Obligatory vase. It's not crafted with slurtle shell, sadly:

Posted Image

Gems for... a statue? Read on:

http://i43.tinypic.com/v8q0kg.png

In a different shape:

http://i39.tinypic.com/34tbdie.png

-MASSIVE SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT-

Edited by Cozyhut3

Aha! I wonder if ruins will be more about set pieces than other places... The multitool looks very interesting! Seems to me like a good sign - some twists in the resource/survival experience in the ruins would be awesome. Like *you can only take food inside (or nothing) and once you go, door closes and can be opened only by ...*

Psssst, you can spawn in some of the relics AND the multitool aswell! Along with that creepy floating statue head that, when mined, gives you marble and a green gem! Then there's a very interesting new light source that you can hammer and.. Oh just spawn them all in in the preview build! DebugSpawn(" ") these beauts.ruins_vaseruins_chairstatuefacemultitool_axe_pickaxerubblerubble_medrock_light

Psssst, you can spawn in some of the relics AND the multitool aswell! Along with that creepy floating statue head that, when mined, gives you marble and a green gem! Then there's a very interesting new light source that you can hammer and.. Oh just spawn them all in in the preview build! DebugSpawn(" ") these beauts.ruins_vaseruins_chairstatuefacemultitool_axe_pickaxerubblerubble_medrock_light

Oh just shower me in spoilers already!! I don't have steam so i can't spawn them!

Well, the first one is obviously the rook, who is now in the testing build. The fact that everyone's saying that he spawns in the cave does rearrange my initial theory that the caves did exist before Maxwell arrived, but he knew crazy sh*t was down there, so he just sort of sent his failed creations to live down there in that hellhole (ie, he probably wanted to rock lobsters to be giant death machines, but he couldn't get them to do anything but roam around and eat rocks). I don't get what you mean when you say that the statues mean that someone was here before Wilson though, can you explain your theory?

Really? Wow. Thanks for sharing that.

my theorie about that there is something over maxwell looks getting confirmed.when you beganed to play don't starve before the insanity update you should know from the update poster that there were the hallucinations described as creatures from another dimension that are leaking into the world of don't starve baited by your saneness.later they got called hallucinations, but when we overthink the fact that maxwell said on the nightmare throne: ''THEY are watching'' he suddenly meaned the creatures from the other world (hallucinations). then the fact that when you examine as maxwell the plugged sinkhole he saids that he plugged much time before because in there is something that scared him.then we overthink the place-holder guarding pigs from the level 2 deeps of the cave.they are staying there with some insanity obelisks in a small hall, possibly guarding something.i don't think its a treasure of the pig king because no one would reach it because the fact there are much dangerous creatures in the caves that would kill the player.the fact with the statues of the old civilization looking like there was everytime another confrontation that another hero than wilson had to solve.let us come back to the pigs, i think there is no treasure, maybe they guard an living creature that is deeper.and now again to the ruins, possibly, because the devs said they are maybe a part on the surface there could be catacombs added as special caves.what do you think?