Wayland The Sociopath. Dark story about a character I would like to be made, please.

Which Wayland do you prefer?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wayland do you prefer?

• Wayland/Watende default, the first one.
    • Wayland/Watende by Schatzy.

Name: Wayland The Sociopath.

Look: Thinish build, with sharp features rather than handsome. Sinister smile and bags around his eyes.

Clothes: White and black Straight-jacket. Hair:medium finger brushed apart hair, hair color grayish white.

Special power: Split personality that is the insane part of him, his name is Watende which means revengeful.

- change happens randomly (don't know why it didn't update) and he will not change back to you kill something, Watende will make remarks/jest about things he kills. And say his other side is weak.

-Wayland is immune to insanity at the cost of his other side being fully insane.

If a new update comes out for weapons: Custom knife? That when examined says. Taste of vengeance is sweet.

Background: Wayland once lived a happy life with his family. His mum and dad.

They thought their son was going insane, talking to himself all the time. He had only one friend he called him Watende. His other side.

When he was 10 his parents died horribly through murder, by their uncle because they were wealthy.

But he didn't know that Wayland was watching, in his anger a voice inside his head told him that his parents blood must be re-payed so he grabbed a knife from the kitchen draw and.... you can guess what happened next.

Wayland was sent to a mental institution he was locked in a room, tortured and in solitude, but he still had his "friend" Watende. He remained their till he was a early man.

Going into game/appearance. One night he and Watende had enough and so they broke out. In the dark, in the madness and insanity he blacked out and woke up in a strange new world.

He saw a sinister looking man, named Maxwell who told him "Say pal you don't look so good. You better get something to eat before night comes."

New Items

If a new update comes out with weapon ideas: A nice new sparkling knife! Maybe less appealing than a big spear but what this thing doesn't make up in size :wink:

it makes up in speed and ferocity!

Considered all posts and I am deciding that maybe his change occurs randomly. Suggestions have been thought out, will leave for a Beta. Easiest way is just to create Wayland and leave Watende for later, if the developers would like to make their own powers/perks to him...

That's all for now.

I hoped you liked it and the story, please be gentle with the comments.

But feel free to post anything about it, more ideas or anything really is appreciated! :D

Thank you. Zachary.

Added picture, bored. Option 1 Wayland/Watende default, the first one.

post-2361-13764589636673_thumb.jpg

Option 2 Wayland/Watende by Schatzy

post-2361-13764589566705_thumb.jpg

post-2361-1376458949832_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jetexx
Thanks for the great ideas guy's.

As a huge fan of the Alien franchise, I obviously love the choice of name ^^

Plus, the double personality presented by textual differenciation for the character is original and different to the others.

Good choice of having his bonus kind of a minor thing, not needing a con. Only problem is the balance issue. I would love to play this character for with double personality issue, but others might just switch to this character using the tent just to get a hold of his special weapon then switch to an other more appealing one. Think of wolfgang with the custom knife !

Plus, since combat gameplay has only been scratched at the surface, having better weapons at this stage of the alpha is not ta relevant.

tldr : Story and style of character is GREAT ! Might want to rethink it's bonus for balance issues.

As a huge fan of the Alien franchise, I obviously love the choice of name ^^

Plus, the double personality presented by textual differenciation for the character is original and different to the others.

Good choice of having his bonus kind of a minor thing, not needing a con. Only problem is the balance issue. I would love to play this character for with double personality issue, but others might just switch to this character using the tent just to get a hold of his special weapon then switch to an other more appealing one. Think of wolfgang with the custom knife !

Plus, since combat gameplay has only been scratched at the surface, having better weapons at this stage of the alpha is not ta relevant.

tldr : Story and style of character is GREAT ! Might want to rethink it's bonus for balance issues.

I would love to know if you have any ideas what else his power could be? Feel free to answer. :)

Perhaps you could make it that only during a certain moon phase that his split personality manifests?

and a part of this personality is that he gains a noticeable speed and damage boost?

I like that idea PistonPower, thanks for your thoughts on it. Might try that out and it's probably better for the character.

Yes, I like it. The background's a bit dark for the game, since it seems a bit more cheerful, though the artwork is insanum. The other side of him needs to have a disadvantage. Food goes down twice as fast while Wayland is out perhaps? I mean, it's a whole 'nother warrior. The artwork's a tad bit messy, if you want I could make a cleaner version, just PM (Completely up to you, of course I would keep the character you made, only with the game's artwork style.) The artwork isn't bad, just a little busy.

With all that critique said, I do very much like the idea :)

EDIT:

Perhaps you could make it that only during a certain moon phase that his split personality manifests?

and a part of this personality is that he gains a noticeable speed and damage boost?

Just read this, this would balance it, or if you wanted you could go with my idea *wink wink* Just kidding, either works. Though I would more like penalties, considering (for the time being) the game is very easy :p

Edited by Schatzy

Thanks for the feedback and sorry with the drawing I draw quite fast, not to mention terribly.

If it seems a little messy only because I try to put the details in, which sorta makes it smeared.

I've read all of your post many times. I agree that the "perks" of this character need editing indeed.

Yes, I like it. The background's a bit dark for the game, since it seems a bit more cheerful, though the artwork is insanum. The other side of him needs to have a disadvantage.

Well, characters don't have cons atm. It's just really a matter of what ability you what at a present moment.

That should also be considered.

OP, what about making another personality every moon phase? Like in a full moon night he could be insane and a maniac, while in a half moon night he is just agressive, cruel and vengeful. Maybe another bonus each "phase"?

He already got that recommendation.

I personally think I came up with a good idea!

When he gets to 30 hp or lower (Considering he has 100 hp) his manifest comes out with a speed bonus and damage bonus.

Sounds like an interesting character to add to this game. He's already insane and has been "alone" so long, that this new world is less of a prison than what he came from.

A thought. What if he's immune to sanity, but his dark side causes so many problems it balances out. He doesn't see anything "insane", he just sees new things.

Sounds like an interesting character to add to this game. He's already insane and has been "alone" so long, that this new world is less of a prison than what he came from.

A thought. What if he's immune to sanity, but his dark side causes so many problems it balances out. He doesn't see anything "insane", he just sees new things.

You just zapped my brain.... I like the sound of that idea. Thanks much appreciated. ^.^

Also I looked at Wayland the Smith, like the old norse. Looks like he was a great smith and I find one of the ring stories quite a bit dark too...

Edited by Jetexx

Really nice character idea overall.

When he's Watende you might have it so he can't use anything except his knife. And he won't change back unless you kill something with it. Maybe something he keeps muttering like, "Kill Pig." or, "Scared Rabbit." and once you kill what he wants he'll revert.

+1

I love this idea!

From what I gathered I would definitely like this character in this game although I shall suggest possible stats.

(Most from constructions of other suggestions tied together)

It would be better for the surfacing of Watende to surface randomly rather than systematically every whatever moon phase

(By randomly I mean like literally random as hell) But still immune to insanity (Its harmful effects that is)

As an extension of this to make it both good and bad to be in this state you will have your knife but will be unable to hold anything else at all until the shift is over.

Random chances should increase with the more civilization around you as in if your around 1 pig it increases but when around multiple the chance every tick gets higher. This would mean that if you had a pig posse you would have a much higher chance of becoming Watende.

When in the Watende state you can not go back until you have killed whatever gave the highest chance of triggering his change I.E. with multiple pigmen around you would need to kill an amount proportional to the amount around I.E. if 10 are around you need to kill 3-5. This also works with other things as well.

A downside would be your hunger meter would go down faster and you would have the full effects of insanity upon you during it but, will gain a speed boost and damage boost while this is going on. However you will take double damage and armor will not block nearly as much either.

When as Wayland you will always suffer the effects of moderate insanity but once again is completely immune to any harmful effects. He will walk slower due to the weight of his straight jacket and will be unable to equip a logsuit (although will be aloud to equip a backpack). The knife will always take a spot in his inventory but he will be unable to use it unless changed. (possibly make it so that equipping it changes you perhaps?)

Its a bit complex but how this character seems to be in would be more fitting for a complex buff debuff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible Dialogue

I only have one suggestion for this but when he is caught in the dark instead of saying "What was that?"

Maybe he could say "Is that you, Watende?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also an unexplained loop hole is that you never mentioned how he can use his arms in a straight jacket.

Sorry for the long suggestion.

From what I gathered I would definitely like this character in this game although I shall suggest possible stats.

(Most from constructions of other suggestions tied together)

It would be better for the surfacing of Watende to surface randomly rather than systematically every whatever moon phase

(By randomly I mean like literally random as hell) But still immune to insanity (Its harmful effects that is)

As an extension of this to make it both good and bad to be in this state you will have your knife but will be unable to hold anything else at all until the shift is over.

Random chances should increase with the more civilization around you as in if your around 1 pig it increases but when around multiple the chance every tick gets higher. This would mean that if you had a pig posse you would have a much higher chance of becoming Watende.

When in the Watende state you can not go back until you have killed whatever gave the highest chance of triggering his change I.E. with multiple pigmen around you would need to kill an amount proportional to the amount around I.E. if 10 are around you need to kill 3-5. This also works with other things as well.

A downside would be your hunger meter would go down faster and you would have the full effects of insanity upon you during it but, will gain a speed boost and damage boost while this is going on. However you will take double damage and armor will not block nearly as much either.

When as Wayland you will always suffer the effects of moderate insanity but once again is completely immune to any harmful effects. He will walk slower due to the weight of his straight jacket and will be unable to equip a logsuit (although will be aloud to equip a backpack). The knife will always take a spot in his inventory but he will be unable to use it unless changed. (possibly make it so that equipping it changes you perhaps?)

Its a bit complex but how this character seems to be in would be more fitting for a complex buff debuff

Possible Dialogue

I only have one suggestion for this but when he is caught in the dark instead of saying "What was that?"

Maybe he could say "Is that you, Watende?"

Also an unexplained loop hole is that you never mentioned how he can use his arms in a straight jacket.

Sorry for the long suggestion.

No need to apologize, good idea and statements. I like the dialog option you've added.

Yes I still agree we need to narrow down much as possible with his perks/powers. The "random transformation" I think would do the trick. Insanity immune should stay, and the moon phases gone.

Still I need to solve this Watende power/perk issue. While I agree it should be about having to kill something to change, I cannot express what exactly and the look of Watende is under way. Well my version.

Glad that three voters have had their choice, as I cannot vote because I'm the creator.