What Got You To Play Don't Starve?

What got me to play dont starve was a youtuber named FreeStyleOMG (not me) he played a few episodes of don't starve, and quit cause he"sucked" at it, so i wanted to see more, i thought the game was cool, it had a new design to it i haven seen before... I HAD to play it, so when i was paid just enough to get, i bought it. my first experience when i started playing was...we wilson of course.. and so i first found a touch stone..not knowing what it was i avoided it (my friend told me anything could kill you) and so i went into a savanna turf, made a campfire and found the right think surrounded by dark pedals, i thought they were something rare so i picked them up, went insane and was killed my hallucinations... how was yours?

I started because of some streamer called Dr. Maple. I got impressed by the artwork and sound of the game, and when i found out it's a true survival game and rather cheap, i bought it.

It was all far easier back in 2012, you coudl twohit spiders with spears, there were no spider warriors, pigs could kite and died rather easily.. it was a cakewalk back then.

Total Biscuit got me into the game when he made his WTF of the early beta (when it was still Chrome exclusive) and since then i followed the game. While waiting i also watched the Let's Play of JSmithOTI (friend of the ding dong that made the video 2 posts above me). And then the glorious day came where Don't Starve came to Steam and then i bought it nealy instantly

I saw it on the Yogscast ages ago and thought it looked cool. Then they did it again and Sips had a play through to. It looked interesting, and it was on the Steam homepage.I wish I'd bought it when I first saw it though... That genuine ham could have been mine!

I saw it on the Yogscast ages ago and thought it looked cool. Then they did it again and Sips had a play through to. It looked interesting, and it was on the Steam homepage.

I wish I'd bought it when I first saw it though... That genuine ham could have been mine!

That Ham was OP.

Not really

Yogscast, Simon and Lewis' first play-through of this game. I just wanted it instantly because of how the game was designed and how challenging it appears to be. So I bought the game a few weeks later and loved it. I still love the game right now! Awesome job, Kevin!!

Loooooong time ago, I saw someone played it on youtube.I liked it... but still not into it much.Then I seriously love it when I saw some fanart on Tumblr.I think it's the pic of Wilson and Chester. And I was wondering "Oh, I know this game, but what is that thing? (chester)"I went to wikia and started to love this game more and more, then fanart happened. lolBut, back to those days, I don't have the game... yet.I tried pirated version too. But I don't like it much. :/But someone on Tumblr got a copy and don't know who to share it with. So she posted on Tumblr that she will give a copy to whoever that want it.Well... so I got it. XD

Nice to see Sips bringing new people in :encouragement:! Although he mostly turtle around his base pretty much all the time. Only recently he started exploring.

Yeah, hes doing like... nothing? Anyway, I like to watch him ;) And now he's in Adventure mode...

Well, I started playing due to my brother's recommendation, until I realize that 3 months later, it was very good. At the beginning, I thought it was not so good, later I discovered this game is actually awesome! So I bought it and played for like 1 hour at first, then I couldn't stop playing it! ( Total Playtime : 26 Hrs )