Is this community growing or what?

I was wondering... there has been a LOT of activity on the forums, and I am beginning to see a LOT of new faces around here... is it because I've been away for a couple of days, or our community is trule growing?

I feel so happy to see it! I have been doing whatever I can to advertise the game via twitter, youtube, etc. And I feel glad that new people are coming in here every day to join us in our neverending search for the perfect surviving experience in a game.

I've been away from the game and the forums, but I am still here, guys, and wanted to congratulate us all, Don't Starve fans, for being such a great community and always trying or best to help Klei create the game we want to play, and they want to make!

Cheers! =D

(I have to admit I was afraid that the forums might be invaded by a bunch of dumb children after a big youtuber from my country [500.000+ subs...] decided to make a video about the game, but I am relieved to see that nothing has changed. At least not for the worse, only for the better!)

(I have to admit I was afraid that the forums might be invaded by a bunch of dumb children after a big youtuber from my country [500.000+ subs...] decided to make a video about the game, but I am relieved to see that nothing has changed. At least not for the worse, only for the better!)

D already scared them all off.;)

And a lot of it has to do with the release on steam. The day that happen there were over 200 people viewing the forums all day.

Yeah, i had no idea this game existed, till it appeared on steam.

Since i love survival games and loved the art style, I bought it right away.

Now i stalk the forums as an information junkie. Waiting for info on whats coming.

Thats exactly what happened to me :D

Yeah, i had no idea this game existed, till it appeared on steam.

Since i love survival games and loved the art style, I bought it right away.

Now i stalk the forums as an information junkie. Waiting for info on whats coming.

Ditto. Once this game hit steam it gained a much wider audience.

• Developer

There are always pros and cons to a growing community, and from our side we're really enjoying the extra input. Everyone in the forum is giving thoughtful feedback, and I really believe it's because of the tone set by our early community members. So thank you!

I kinda miss the old close knit forum. Now its gone from small village to bustling town. What happens when we hit metropolis?

That you have many users does not mean that you cant have a close group though, and the game deserves as much attention as it can get imo.

I learned of the game just a few days ago when Steam ran it on the main page, mentioning beta access when you pre-order. Looked fun, so I picked it up and just spent a couple hours playing. First time I died in the first night because I underestimated how much materials I'd need to keep the fire going. Tried again, and now at day 15 or so and having a blast. Gives me a bit of the "ironman-style" feeling I had in Ultima Online some fifteen years ago, something that's hard to come by.

Definitely going to keep playing this (addiction is already rearing its back...) and I'm happy to see that the game also has a great and active community! In the long run, that's what keeps me playing. :)

I saw Don't Starve in Steams Coming Soon section a while ago but didn't notice the Beta till last Sunday. I picked up the game in the morning and went to bed at 4am having logged 16 hours of almost solid playing. It's a charming game that's very hard to put down.

I knew about the game before steam but didnt bought it because it was to be played on chrome and I dislike the idea of playing something in this size on a browser.

when it was out on steam I instently bought it.

Same here.

I watched TotalBiscuit playing the game a while ago and really liked the game, but being on Chrome let me down.

As Soon as it showed up on Steam (which is my favorite DRM) I recognized the game, played the demo again to make sure and bought it. After that I bought another 2-pack to give to my friends. The loved it!