Who should get the next skill tree?

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Considering that the next update is a remake of the ocean, then I could assume that Wurt but there is a theory that her skill tree will be when there is a remake of followers

what?

Also, Maxwell and Wanda!

8 minutes ago, Valase said:

what?

iirc, next update has been said to have some focus on ocean content, and out of the currently existing characters, Wurt has the most connection to it(though it's never really been a focus of her character, so I personally don't see it as that much evidence at all) 

The fated follower update is an update that hasn't been explicitly confirmed, but was mentioned during CotL crossover Q&A*.

So, if this update indeed does come sometime in the near future, it'd obviously make sense to bundle the Wurt&Webber trees with it. 

Q&A fragment in question:

Spoiler

Devolver: What’s an element from Cult you think could work well in Don't Starve?

Klei: We loved all the different NPC interactions in Cult of the Lamb when you’re in town.  We have definitely thought about what it could look like if we add more things like that and NPCs in general into Don’t Starve Together. We have dabbled in it a bit with characters like Wagstaff popping up from time to time. 

We could also see a possible update that maybe adds more interaction with the Pigmen, Merm and Bunnymen where they became kind of cult followers to the survivors. There’s some fun room there where they have early benefits to the players, but then start to become problematic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WX! it's WX! i NEED it!

although we're not getting that soon probably, i would like to see webber and winona's skiltrees. they have quite the potential to be fun and interesting

• Like 1

Am I the only one who absolutely can not stand the skill trees? Don’t get me wrong the new character skills are awesome to have but… playing on Xbox the game is very prone to crashing, and It’s even on at least two occasions completely wiped my gameplay progress.

I just recently finally obtained all the Skill Points on all available characters, but can you imagine how many hours/days I’d have to grind to unlock them all again? -_-

As far as who needs the skill trees the most right now- Wes, Winona & Warly I would even add Wendy to this list..

They're the ones least lacking in new gameplay content.

• Shopcat 1

57 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Am I the only one who absolutely can not stand the skill trees? Don’t get me wrong the new character skills are awesome to have but… playing on Xbox the game is very prone to crashing, and It’s even on at least two occasions completely wiped my gameplay progress.

I just recently finally obtained all the Skill Points on all available characters, but can you imagine how many hours/days I’d have to grind to unlock them all again? -_-

No offense, but I think that’s your internet/devices problem, because i have not had the problem myself, nor have i seen many other people have it. It also depends on which Xbox your playing on.

1 minute ago, SaltyPepper2231 said:

No offense, but I think that’s your internet/devices problem, because i have not had the problem myself, nor have i seen many other people have it. It also depends on which Xbox your playing on.

Series S, and it crashes during server rollback.

Walter...we had a Walter short without any Walter updates so i know for sure its a coming!

Walter has had lots of skill tree suggestions and requests on the forums compared to all other characters so Klei have more ideas to work with.

Skill trees seem very much like a way (or an attempt at least) to round characters up to others while they got heavily rebalanced during the rework phase. They did refreshes in the order of the characters that desperately needed it first, which led to all the already pretty solid characters getting even crazier kits when it was time for their refresh to make them not seem boring by comparison, tilting the scales once again to the point where now the earlier refreshes are considered not very good.

I really don't want feature creep to lead to Character Updates Pt. III so I think more healthily-positioned characters (Maxwell, Wanda, or other characters that feel "feature complete" or even "feature overloaded") should receive their skills first, rather than those who really need touchups (Winona, Warly possibly, and here's where I would've said Willow/Woodie but I guess we'll just see how that goes)

That way, they can put the finishing touches on the problematic characters once everything else is already laid out on the table.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Auth said:

Skill trees seem very much like a way (or an attempt at least) to round characters up to others while they got heavily rebalanced during the rework phase. They did refreshes in the order of the characters that desperately needed it first, which led to all the already pretty solid characters getting even crazier kits when it was time for their refresh to make them not seem boring by comparison, tilting the scales once again to the point where now the earlier refreshes are considered not very good.

I really don't want feature creep to lead to Character Updates Pt. III so I think more healthily-positioned characters (Maxwell, Wanda, or other characters that feel "feature complete" or even "feature overloaded") should receive their skills first, rather than those who really need touchups (Winona, Warly possibly, and here's where I would've said Willow/Woodie but I guess we'll just see how that goes)

That way, they can put the finishing touches on the problematic characters once everything else is already laid out on the table.

Ye nah gimme my Walter skill tree right now!

And if Klei needs a third round of character reworks then so be it :wilsoalmostangelic:

• Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 1

I mean I want my boy Wortox to get one, but Walter needs one. If we are doing 3 again I would want Wortox, Walter and WX78.

Walter is so bad and a skill tree really could really just give him the stat boosts he needs aka faster Woby, faster sling shot, and more ammos, maybe cheaper crafts but i never though they were that bad besides the blue gem ammo.

Wortox is also someone who could greatly benefit from a skill tree my only issue is i have no idea what he would get. I think a boring skill tree would be good for him more souls being held, more hunger from a soul, cheaper map teleports. Maybe something that will allow him auto collect souls from something like a spider farm like a soul totem that collects souls and Wortox can fill his supplies. I think he could get a few "spells" but tbh I don't think he needs them and would really bloat his abilities.

Wx78 I funky because I would really want them to focus on the circuits, but I guess the question is whether all new ones from the skill tree or upgrading them is better. I mean he has 15 circuits ( Or 11 if you don't count upgrades)  and It could be cool to just have 15 skills that boost the effects or add secondary effects. I would probably group them up into sets of 3.   

Hardy -> gastro gain -> super processing + all the upgrades ->acceleration (just numbers changes) 
Chorus box -> Bean booster -> thermal/Refrigerant (support)
Electrification -> illumination -> Optoelectronic (light and also Electrification because I needed at least 3) 

I tried to put the most used ones toward the back so some less useful ones get some use maybe but also like 15 skills that you can just pick from a big grid might be cool. Also I assume we will be getting a alignment circuit. I don't know if they would want to side with wagstaff at all so they might be shadow exclusive, but they might also be Wagstaff exclusive because he made them. (also for symmetry because Maxwell is 100% shadow, and Wanda probably is also.)  

So all in all Walter lol, besides i think all the paid dlc will be getting the skill trees last because not everyone has them.

On one hand, Winona and Walter definitly need them the most. On the other hand, I'd really like to get Wanda and Maxwell's out of the way. If only so we can see just how much of a disaster they'll be.

On 4/21/2024 at 3:10 PM, SaltyPepper2231 said:

In your opinion who should get the next skill tree

I'm not sure how often this topic come up, but wouldn't it make more sense to make it into a poll? It would be way easier to follow the answers.
To the topic: Winona.

2 hours ago, Hi. said:

Did klei confirm this in a stream?

I believe so, yeah. Take this with a grain of salt however, as I'm just going off of the things I've seen and heard on the forums, didn't have time to watch the stream myself.