What Server Mods do you use? (And which ones are you slightly embarrassed about?)

Just curious what Server side mods people use (not client) and which ones they are embarrassed about if at all.

I will start, I use:

Don't Starve Alone (I only play solo)
Faster Picker (Sorry Woodie Skillset)
Force Biomes (To remove unnecessary biomes like ponds and the 2nd deciduous, and no I don't force a 3xMactusk Biome)
Lazy Lazy Deserter (I play solo after all)
Repairable Fur Roll (Wish it was baseline)

And lastly No Thermal Stone Durability (This is the one I am embarrassed about. It feels like cheating because... it is. But simultaneously why does a rock have durability, and why can it be repaired using a sewing kit?)

So what about you?

• Like 2

obraz.png.774ae9dd5cfb02d939cc1f3d5224f749.png

Global Positions for when playing with friends when they ask for it. Sometimes we do without.

..fine.

obraz.png.46f714111718fd3d319db2ac91dd7453.png

We need something to do when the other is using the only tent in base alright? :spidercowers:

• Like 1

Black Death! Black Death!! Can't play without it much.

Sometimes I'll play with the one that shan't be named, otherwise Black Death, custom characters I've made, (Whimsy) and the other higher quality mods like William the Toymaker and Warfarin. Otherwise I like to keep my mods mostly clientside, with exceptions for difficulty mods and characters, occasionally. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, goatt said:

What would Don't Starve Alone change because of server pause? (Not performance change, I mean gameplay change)

And speaking of which, to add to this in a general sense, what is the mod exactly, and what are the pros an cons of it? Is it at all stable?

16 minutes ago, goatt said:

What would Don't Starve Alone change because of server pause? (Not performance change, I mean gameplay change)

it breaks shard RPCs, so if a mod uses them, they won't work and there are many other things that don't work identically when skipping time in comparison to waiting manually, the mod just skips the amount of time that the shard was inactive for while you were in another shard after you go to that shard, so same thing in comparison to skipping time using c_skip() mostly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Don't Starve Alone needs to be vanilla already, there is NO reason a solo world should suffer lag. It seriously took until 2021 for some random modder to fix that basic of a problem and there's still no word from the devs. I feel so bad for console players.

I use DST Alone and Show Bundle only. I used to have only DST Alone active for quite a long time, but I failed my mind to remember chests and content inside bundles. I have all bundle skins, but still would waste too many wraps trying to remember which one is which. This mod only helps somewhat unorganized ppl like me.

As for client side (even though it wasn't asked, I wanted to share it), I use :

No release deployables

Place statues

Geo drop

Geo placement

Color adjustments

Idea thinking

and ActionQ

• Like 1

Epic Healthbar

Show Me

Wormhole Markers

I'm just a sucker for information in games. I want all the numbers constantly. Also there's no way I'm remembering my wormholes.

Oh yeah, and "No Totally Normal Bats" is essential during Halloween.

• Like 1

idk, they feel too cheaty to me.  I've used stuff like Craftable Wormholes, Forced Set Pieces, Forced Triple Mac Tusk, and others but turned them off b/c they took away from the uniqueness of a world, and sometimes messed with worldgen in an odd way.

I do use Epic Healthbar or Show Health Values when I'm testing things.  For most play I just use Disable Auto Save, which cuts out the lag from saving each day.  Since I'm not rolling back anyway, its okay that each session is its own save point.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Yuuko said:

idk, they feel too cheaty to me.  I've used stuff like Craftable Wormholes, Forced Set Pieces, Forced Triple Mac Tusk, and others but turned them off b/c they took away from the uniqueness of a world, and sometimes messed with worldgen in an odd way.

I do use Epic Healthbar or Show Health Values when I'm testing things.  For most play I just use Disable Auto Save, which cuts out the lag from saving each day.  Since I'm not rolling back anyway, its okay that each session is its own save point.

That's what I'm talking about. Sometimes the world is unique on its own, wether you get a second deciduous or a triple Mactusk, you'll remember the world for it. I love that not every biome is guaranteed.

I don't personally use the health bar ones, since I mostly know how many hits I need to kill each mob with each weapon on each character, but bosses is a different story. I absolutely love when kiting dfly goes wrong because of a frog rain, making my armor break and forcing me to kite her with 12 hp, knowing that a single hit would end me and not knowing how much health is left, only to feel SO relieved after seeing it die at a random time. Not knowing if you're there or even close builds adrenaline in your body, especially when fighting things like bee queen and AFW. It adds to the experience in an indescribable way.

I just find myself having problems with organizing bundled supplies early and mid game. Especially using gift wraps to prepare for ruins raid or pearl quests.

Edited by Swiyss
  • Like 2

There isn't a comment saying “I don’t use server mods”, so I'll leave mine here. Exception when there is a proposal from the server to require mods and this must be agreed by everyone beforehand.

In case of a test server, I would probably put an epic health bar and show me.

• Like 2

I never used any mods until recently where I started trying out Uncompromising Mode. Pretty fun, for the most part. 

On 2/23/2024 at 4:32 PM, Evelo said:

Lazy Lazy Deserter (I play solo after all)
Repairable Fur Roll (Wish it was baseline)

And lastly No Thermal Stone Durability (This is the one I am embarrassed about. It feels like cheating because... it is. But simultaneously why does a rock have durability, and why can it be repaired using a sewing kit?)

Why is the thermal stone one the one you're embarrassed about? That's a much smaller impact than being able to teleport around the map. 

On 2/23/2024 at 7:32 PM, Evelo said:

This one is controversial. If the infinite durability was never a thing, this mod would probably never exist.

It's simple, if the thermal stone is red, and turn yellow, it doesn't lose durability. But if it goes from yellow to white, then it loses durability.

It is literally a skill issue. Just don't let it change temperature and it lasts forever. On summer it works the same.

Edited by Swiyss
  • Shopcat 1

I'll start with BY FAR the most important one:

-REMOVE ACCURSED TRINKETS

Most of the rest of these are negotiable, but that is one is a requirement (unless pirates are disabled entirely). Anyway, not counting Client Mods, my main ones are

-Hide Webber's Beard

-Refuelable Morning Star

-Water Balloon Mod

-Epic Healthbar

-Simple Healthbar

-Show Me

-Enhanced Eye Mask

-Don't Drop Everything

-Hamlet Characters (if I'm using one)

-Moving Box

-No Thermal Stone Durability

-Repair Combine

-Universal Skins for Backpacks

-Wormhole Colors

-Infinite Telelocator Focus

Edited by Ryusuta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

I'll start with BY FAR the most important one:

-REMOVE ACCURSED TRINKETS

Most of the rest of these are negotiable, but that is one is a requirement (unless pirates are disabled entirely). Anyway, not counting Client Mods, my main ones are

-Hide Webber's Beard

-Refuelable Morning Star

-Water Balloon Mod

-Epic Healthbar

-Simple Healthbar

-Show Me

-Enhanced Eye Mask

-Don't Drop Everything

-Hamlet Characters (if I'm using one)

-Moving Box

-No Thermal Stone Durability

-Repair Combine

-Universal Skins for Backpacks

-Wormhole Colors

-Infinite Telelocator Focus

Damn.

-Don't Starve Alone for performance issues in my 15 year old office hardware
-Epic healthbar because I like to to see the boss' hp draining
-Lantern colors and steamed collection because they should be base game!

DontStarveTogether.jpg.167a853d2e7311a018074f0b39a73a9b.jpg

And sometimes during mid-game I get angry and active this because the way space is restricted stresses me out. I hate drying racks, so space intensive (literally 3 sticks and one rope, why does it take as much as a pig house or and alchemy engine?!)

DontStarveTogether_2.jpg.2a4bea5d2612fc221bfe9b455e9a7981.jpg

Edited by SapoLover
Oh, and inter-shard pocket when I play Maxwell
  • Like 2