Why I think boss fights are “Bad”

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

Nah, Antlion is easily one of the most solo friendly bosses imo. You just walk in a circle as you poke him to death. Once there's enough spike around her, you just back off and let the rest dissipate until their relatively clear of spike around them. That's it. There is no crazy strat, just circle. If you want to help make it easier, you can turf up their little arena with cobblestones or try (empthisis on try since I know it's harder on console) to swap with walking cane. Antlion really is one of the simplest bosses in the game, I think you just massively underprepared for it. I mean it could just be controller handicap but antlion just simply isn't that hard of a boss when compared to others. Hell I think a decent enough mossling squad could be more lethal.

Also: Fighting this thing is effectively Pointless, because the rewards you get from killing it are the same rewards you get from just giving it gifts for trade..

I don’t really understand the “Point” unless you just enjoy fighting him/her?? 

I mean yes, you could spend all your time fishing to get the blueprints but that's neither really reliable nor time efficient so unless you were mad grinding crumpled packages, it's simple the much, much more consistent way to get said blueprints. But truly, actual drops are not really all that needed. The reason why people make a habit out of killing LionAnt every summer is because it removes the earthquakes from the season, thus making their cave explorations and summer buildings not be impeded because you literally couldn't feed the sand deity rocks because your were off doing other things.

Just spent the last couple hours fighting Antlion, how do you manage to spend hours fighting a boss with only 6000hp? It’s easy! Dying a lot and having to rollback to the start of the fight.

My opinions of this fight is that this should’ve been an Over-Head top down fight, not being able to see where the sand spikes pop up under your feet is really annoying, they could probably be delayed by a second more or two so players actually have time to react and move, (at least CK as terrible as his fight is gives ample time to move from the Geysers..) 
Another thing I found to be Bizzare and highly off about this particular fight was that Willows Magic Firespells (like Combustion) could not turn the Sand Castles and Spikes into Glass Castles.. this really should be one of Willows strong points IMO..

Tools I used- 2 Log Suits, 1 Desert Sand Helmet, 1 Bernie, 5 uncooked green mushrooms, 5 cooked green mushrooms, 4 cooked cactus flesh, 8 Uncooked Blue Mushrooms, 2 Frozen Thermal Stones (1 for Antlion and 1 for myself) 1 Fully Freahly made Hambat and 4 Magic Embers (for starting the match with Combustion applied to him)

It took FOREVER and many many failed attempts to kill her/him, Bernie helps a lot with drawing some of the Spikes Targeting him but this fight still feels off and highly unfair for solo players…

What just took me upward of 4 hours trying to do, would take a group of two less than a Minute.

And that’s exactly my point, the fights are FUN with Unique gameplay elements, but they’re only intended to be “Fun” for a Group… 

With multiple players involved you aren’t the only one being targeted by its Sand Spike attacks, and it has less chances to munch rocks and heal.

Thank GOD I had Bernie for this fight, because anytime this thing would throw up sand castles blocking me from getting to it if Bernie wasn’t still in Battle it could’ve healed up and undone most if not all the progress I had made throughout the entire fight.

My final thoughts is that IF boss scaling for this fight is to be added to account for more fair solo fights.

Less Spikes targeting the solo player, a few seconds more delay for reaction time, and probably remove its ability to heal if not being constantly attacked.

Also: Fighting this thing is effectively Pointless, because the rewards you get from killing it are the same rewards you get from just giving it gifts for trade..

Sounds like both a massive skill issue AND the denial to learn fighting the boss properly to me.

This is the first time I ever heard someone who play the game for years complain about a bloody SEASONAL boss being too hard and unfair for solo.

How do you even manage to spend 4 hours trying to beat this boss? In that time I literally learnt to do fist only fight with Sisyphus prime in Ultrakill, the hardest boss in that game so far. (And yes, since you like comparing games that has nothing to do with dst, I can use that card too).

It's a 6k health boss with a single attack that you can dodge if you circle around it and avoid the spike spots, how easier would you want it to be???

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Sounds like both a massive skill issue AND the denial to learn fighting the boss properly to me.

This is the first time I ever heard someone who play the game for years complain about a bloody SEASONAL boss being too hard and unfair for solo.

How do you even manage to spend 4 hours trying to beat this boss? In that time I literally learnt to do fist only fight with Sisyphus prime in Ultrakill, the hardest boss in that game so far. (And yes, since you like comparing games that has nothing to do with dst, I can use that card too).

It's a 6k health boss with a single attack that you can dodge if you circle around it and avoid the spike spots, how easier would you want it to be???

No, it’s a 6000k boss with a single attack that you can dodge by walking around in circles around it IF and ONLY IF You don’t also have Bernie attacking it.

Why? Because “Bernie” counts as a mob it targets, so you go ahead and walk in your little circle, guarantee you you’ll walk into spikes meant for Bernie in the Process.

Still doesn’t change the fact that 2-3 players attacking it dead’s it in less than a minute, while tackling the content alone requires extra resources & prep.

All I’m asking for is Proper content scaling to accommodate for the amount of players engaged in the game, that way all players… of ALL Skill levels can enjoy the games contents in a fun and enjoyable way that suites them.

(xbox doesn’t have mods so no I can’t just install the DSA Mod..)

And in reverse: Maybe a group of 6 doesn’t want the boss their fighting to croak over dead in less than 42 seconds either..?

No, it’s a 6000k boss with a single attack that you can dodge by walking around in circles around it IF and ONLY IF You don’t also have Bernie attacking it.

Why? Because “Bernie” counts as a mob it targets, so you go ahead and walk in your little circle, guarantee you you’ll walk into spikes meant for Bernie in the Process.

Still doesn’t change the fact that 2-3 players attacking it dead’s it in less than a minute, while tackling the content alone requires extra resources & prep.

All I’m asking for is Proper content scaling to accommodate for the amount of players engaged in the game, that way all players… of ALL Skill levels can enjoy the games contents in a fun and enjoyable way that suites them.

(xbox doesn’t have mods so no I can’t just install the DSA Mod..)

And in reverse: Maybe a group of 6 doesn’t want the boss their fighting to croak over dead in less than 42 seconds either..?

Why do you have Bernie out for that fight?  Like I get that it sounds dismissive to say the fight is fine b/c you can do x or y but like... 

WHY IS BERNIE OUT?  I'm seriously confused.  Bernie is a tank, he draws aggro.  He is not a source of damage.  If it is as you say then you're literally only hurting yourself bothering with him.

Bernie is not for every fight - rarely for boss fights - mostly he just helps you get some peel like if you catch too many terror beaks, or a few too many shadow monkeys aggro on you.  Bernie is NOT for most fights or bosses.  Even when he is good for bosses it is mostly when he can distract ads like Dfly's lavae or Bqueen's grumbles.

Just put him away and walk in your little circle.

Also - if it is as you say - then this fight is already scaled down for 1 player (less spikes) and scaled up for multiple (more spikes.)  What is the problem?

(Just wanna say I don't know if Antlion gives more or less spikes based on player count, its just if Mike is saying that is his experience it seems to contradict the alleged need for scaling here...)

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Why do you have Bernie out for that fight?  Like I get that it sounds dismissive to say the fight is fine b/c you can do x or y but like... 

WHY IS BERNIE OUT?  I'm seriously confused.  Bernie is a tank, he draws aggro.  He is not a source of damage.  If it is as you say then you're literally only hurting yourself bothering with him.

Bernie is not for every fight - rarely for boss fights - mostly he just helps you get some peel like if you catch too many terror beaks, or a few too many shadow monkeys aggro on you.  Bernie is NOT for most fights or bosses.  Even when he is good for bosses it is mostly when he can distract ads like Dfly's lavae or Bqueen's grumbles.

Just put him away and walk in your little circle.

Also - if it is as you say - then this fight is already scaled down for 1 player (less spikes) and scaled up for multiple (more spikes.)  What is the problem?

(Just wanna say I don't know if Antlion gives more or less spikes based on player count, its just if Mike is saying that is his experience it seems to contradict the alleged need for scaling here...)

Nonono you misunderstand, Antlion doesn’t Unleash MORE spikes with more players, she merely “targets” a different player (or mob) 

So like.. If you fight her alone and she does 8-10 sand spikes, they all target YOU, but if another player is helping out the 8-10 spikes are split between you (or Bernie..)

here just watch the end of my fight-

What's with the focus on CC? CC is a rather large exception, he doesn't despawn and any damage you do is permanent as far as I'm aware. It's not like Fuelweaver who can undo all of your progress if he happens to get a few good munches in, he doesn't spawn hella minions except the shards if you consider that, which he himself can destroy(unlike toadstool) and despawn on their own. His first 2 phases have a great moveset and his third phase is a bit hard to get down but isn't a serious problem. CC is a great boss.

He also permits the best armor in the game(night armor).

Edited by cropo
  • Big Ups 1

10 minutes ago, cropo said:

It's not like Fuelweaver who can undo all of your progress if he happens to get a few good munches in

and that's a bad thing, because there isn't much to care about, you can't ignore CC's mechanics and get punished for that because he doesn't have any mechanics other than eating green shrooms and waiting for the crystals to get broken

11 minutes ago, cropo said:

he doesn't spawn hella minions except the shards if you consider that

and that's not bad nor good because dealing with FW's minions is fun even with minimal gear and there's a lot of strats for BQ

12 minutes ago, cropo said:

His first 2 phases have a great moveset and his third phase is a bit hard to get down but isn't a serious problem

all of his phases are boring because they're extremely easy, it's hard to get hit during p1, p2 only requires you to understand that it spins after doing 2 attacks after a spin, p3 requires you to wait in front of the crystals and step right or backward when it's charging the laser and then you just keep chasing it and going away if it starts lowering itself, it doesn't have many methods unlike most ANR bosses and it's extremely easy to kill unlike FW, there isn't a good thing about the boss except the loot   

• Like 1

So like.. If you fight her alone and she does 8-10 sand spikes, they all target YOU, but if another player is helping out the 8-10 spikes are split between you (or Bernie..)

Isn't that an advantage? Since you have less spikes to dodge?

Also if Bernie is messing up your kiting, then why not fight without it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

so you go ahead and walk in your little circle, guarantee you you’ll walk into spikes meant for Bernie in the Process.

or u can just watch ur feet when ant casting his spell u can see it before its emerge. ant is single target so if bernie or other player got hit u wont. u just stay and press F till she hit u ???

44 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Isn't that an advantage? Since you have less spikes to dodge?

Also if Bernie is messing up your kiting, then why not fight without it?

If you watched my video dodging my own sand spikes often put me right in the path of the ones targeting Bernie, and Without Bernie he sandwhiches me between sand castles then eats rocks to restore his health points.

200 hp per munching animation really adds up. Bernie helps alleviate this by always keeping the Lion being hit by an attack (either mine or Bernie’s) so it has less time to heal damage dealt.

However- I feel like people who opt to play the game on “Relaxed Mode” could probably deal with less complicated variations of these bosses..

He only heals because it’s intended to be fought in a group of players.. But I defiantly feel like there are ways to scale the bosses both downward & upward in difficulty.

You can obtain all of Antlions loot drop by giving her trinkets, so you don’t really need to even fight her unless your just wanting to stop her sinkholes/cave quakes for the rest of that Summer.

As you can see in my video though, I fought her on Day 69-70, summer ended literally right after she croaks over lol..

But the fight itself should be enjoyable for players of all skill preferences.. In my opinion.

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

He only heals because it’s intended to be fought in a group of players.. But I defiantly feel like there are ways to scale the bosses both downward & upward in difficulty.

He only heals because you are incredibly incompetent at stopping antlion from healing. You constanly bring up excuses after excuses to cover the fact you suck at the game.

Please tell me if ANYONE else has beefs with antlion healing.

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

However- I feel like people who opt to play the game on “Relaxed Mode” could probably deal with less complicated variations of these bosses..

Then let's make Antlion have 1000 health, make him attack thrice as slow and remove his healing since that's way too broken and hard. Oh yeah, also reduce the spike damage by 90% just to make sure it's balanced for solo players.

You are literally UnderTheMayo version of dst at this point, constantly nagging at problem no one else has, refuses to learn anything, and forces everyone to play your twisted version of the game and throws a tantrum when we don't.

I bet you are just gonna bring up another excuse to try to prove that antlion of all things is a insanely hard raid boss that cannot be soloed.

Edited by Spino43
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Please tell me if ANYONE else has beefs with antlion healing.

Never did, but i can say antlion is the hardest seasonal. Especially if you get stuck and get chain attacked (i can recover but the hit discombobulates me) one hit causes another and antlion deals pretty good damage too. You gotta get enough armor and not underestimate it. He isn't hard but you gotta prepare for the accidents cause it's not a regular kite. My biggest mistakes for antlion are underpreparing cause i underestime him. Also sometimes you think the spike isn't gonna hit when it will.

Edited by BalkanCockroach

2 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Never did, but i can say antlion is the hardest seasonal. Especially if you get stuck and get chain attacked one hit causes another and antlion deals pretty good damage too. You gotta get enough armor and not underestimate it. He isn't hard but you gotta prepare for the accidents cause it's not a regular kite. My biggest mistakes for antlion are underpreparing cause i underestime him.

Well, you learnt your lesson and prep better next time, like anyone with a functional mind. 

Mike, however, refuses to do that.

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just spent the last couple hours fighting Antlion, how do you manage to spend hours fighting a boss with only 6000hp? It’s easy! Dying a lot and having to rollback to the start of the fight

Again blaming the game instead of the player

Antlion takes like 2 minutes if you dont let her heal which is easy 

If you died many times means that you need practise like in every other game. Do you expect to master the game at the 1st try? What a bad game design you want.

If you want to beat a game without effort try some chinesse arpg/mmorpg/gatcha game

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just spent the last couple hours fighting Antlion, how do you manage to spend hours fighting a boss with only 6000hp? It’s easy! Dying a lot and having to rollback to the start of the fight.

My opinions of this fight is that this should’ve been an Over-Head top down fight, not being able to see where the sand spikes pop up under your feet is really annoying, they could probably be delayed by a second more or two so players actually have time to react and move, (at least CK as terrible as his fight is gives ample time to move from the Geysers..) 
Another thing I found to be Bizzare and highly off about this particular fight was that Willows Magic Firespells (like Combustion) could not turn the Sand Castles and Spikes into Glass Castles.. this really should be one of Willows strong points IMO..

Tools I used- 2 Log Suits, 1 Desert Sand Helmet, 1 Bernie, 5 uncooked green mushrooms, 5 cooked green mushrooms, 4 cooked cactus flesh, 8 Uncooked Blue Mushrooms, 2 Frozen Thermal Stones (1 for Antlion and 1 for myself) 1 Fully Freahly made Hambat and 4 Magic Embers (for starting the match with Combustion applied to him)

It took FOREVER and many many failed attempts to kill her/him, Bernie helps a lot with drawing some of the Spikes Targeting him but this fight still feels off and highly unfair for solo players…

What just took me upward of 4 hours trying to do, would take a group of two less than a Minute.

And that’s exactly my point, the fights are FUN with Unique gameplay elements, but they’re only intended to be “Fun” for a Group… 

With multiple players involved you aren’t the only one being targeted by its Sand Spike attacks, and it has less chances to munch rocks and heal.

Thank GOD I had Bernie for this fight, because anytime this thing would throw up sand castles blocking me from getting to it if Bernie wasn’t still in Battle it could’ve healed up and undone most if not all the progress I had made throughout the entire fight.

My final thoughts is that IF boss scaling for this fight is to be added to account for more fair solo fights.

Less Spikes targeting the solo player, a few seconds more delay for reaction time, and probably remove its ability to heal if not being constantly attacked.

I'm not the biggest fan of fighting Antlion tbh, i tend to just fish for the first summer, get my CoTL stuff, then either kill for the rest of the crafts or just give the bucket if i've fished it before the crown. Then i let her chill in the funshine until the bitter days.

Only thing i'll say though is, sometimes i feel you fight the bosses so that you can add more weight to your arguments on here because you've actually done it. That's fine, but for a long time you're not going to have the muscle memory to do it as quick as you ought - completely normal, practice makes perfect. BUT... I really have to implore you, relax a little. No one is asking you to provide critical analysis and then think how you could improve it, you paid for it dude, enjoy the recreation, Klei would pay you if you were responsible for designing their game. I'm not sure if it's helpful, but i'll kill a boss if i want something from them. I do toad sooooo late in the game because I just don't really want anything from toad until i'm looking for lamps. 

If you didn't want gems/furnace/scales, i'd probably recommend just not doing Dfly for example. Enjoy the game, set some aims and objectives and try to complete them. If you're aim is to improve against bosses, that's absolutely fine too but I feel you're upsetting yourself to meet our expectations - the frustrating thing for me is that i've watched sooooooo many people giving you the same message over and over again. And it's basically 'Do what you want to do but please stop pushing for overall gameplay changes that impact my experience when i'm fine with it.'  Klei get a bit of a pass when they introduce things we don't like, it's their game, their vision, we're participatory sure but ultimately we have an element of trust (and i'd hope internal quality assurance) that they know what's best overall for their endgame/longgame with the franchise. You are in an equal position to us, so unless we want to run the risk of your suggestions impacting our future with the game, it's in our interest to voice that the loudest voice in the room is not necessarily the voice of reason, I mean that with no disrespect but clearly our aims don't align (as in with me specifically) all the time and I get worried that you'll get more representation for your ideas than a larger demographic - With peace and love, your suggestions are sometimes so risky for the long-term cohesiveness of the project that, I admittedly, get prone to react to it.

I really like you Mike, I love when people are passionate and it's really endearing and sweet to see, but i'm honestly so worried that your opinions will hold weight because you'll receive sympathy for your naivety and someone internally will think 'Well it'll make him happy, he'll be really appreciative!'.

I said a long time ago that I had been on the forums for aaaaggggggeeeees and I had noticed your comments about wanting rifts to appear across the world, I have no idea if Klei took inspiration from you but it must have felt awesome to see that actually arrive! But... If they did take inspiration from you, I'd be remiss to point out that a broken clock is correct at least 2 times a day and some of your takes are detrimental.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don't know Mike, I never have her heal up when I'm fighting solo, maybe, just maybe, it's your "skill issue"?

You might want to say console controls are bad, but that's not what this post is about -- why you think DST bosses are "bad", make another post about that...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, _zwb said:

I don't know Mike, I never have her heal up when I'm fighting solo, maybe, just maybe, it's your "skill issue"?

You might want to say console controls are bad, but that's not what this post is about -- why you think DST bosses are "bad", make another post about that...

I mean, I don't wanna sound presumptuous here, but i'm assuming he stood back and let bernie do too much hitting alone, i could imagine that's going to give Antlion more capacity to initiate healing, not sure though.

9 hours ago, Spino43 said:

Antlion is not trivial, especially as a first encounter. There's a lot of variance to how the spikes spawn and what kind of spikes you get so worst case you may get a wall of spikes in the direction you are moving (that you need to navigate away from Antlion to avoid) and all big spikes that do 200 (40 damage taken with 80% armor (opposed to 30 for med and 20 for small)) damage each.

It's also worse with a x1- damage character as the attacks get progressively faster the longer you draw the battle out, which makes tanking a lot less viable. Other things like low visibility, the attack button targeting spikes instead of Antlion, getting trapped (which can happen in just 2 attacks) and the nerves with running out of armor and hp may also get in the way, so it'd be best to find safer things to use like Night Armors and Flower Salads when not as comfortable with the fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Or maybe.. you’re too skilled at it? My ability to fight it myself has never been my intended overall goal, I want my friends to also be able to enjoy it, because it is content in the game that they miss out on by not being able to enjoy- And I don’t see how it’s going to negatively impact ANYTHING your currently enjoying, as long as it’s an Option for them.

Ive killed Dragonfly for no other purpose but to obtain a purely cosmetic Broodling Pet Den Creature? Surely fighting a 27,500Hp raid boss alone for some purely cosmetic pet is a steep price to pay for that right?

Players who want to fill out their survival journals will be tasked with overcoming these multiplayer designed bosses, JUST to fill in their entries into their scrapbooks.

I find it quite “Funny” that Klei adds all these noob friendly tools & changes & guides (reduced armor costs, new easy to make healing food like Bunny Stew, easier crafting of Cobblestone roads, In game recipe cards to learn food dishes, and more recently a literal freaking way point system to points of interest on the game world map..) But yet there are currently no changes to these players they made all these changes FOR in being able to ENJOY the Games Content.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ive killed Dragonfly for no other purpose but to obtain a purely cosmetic Broodling Pet Den Creature? Surely fighting a 27,500Hp raid boss alone for some purely cosmetic pet is a steep price to pay for that right?

It's not even a good pet, Lamb and suspicious peeper are so much better. Worst part it not even guaranteed to drop. Also pets have no uses except being annoying. Make pets a bit useful please like vargling reducing hound aggression or digging stuff up. kitcoon occasionally finding junk, glomglom with a really small sanity aura, Broodling being able to set things on fire with command, peeper making you see further etc. Maybe these are too op but i couldn't find a good idea. Or maybe they shoukd stay useless idk.

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, Uedo said:

I really like you Mike, I love when people are passionate and it's really endearing and sweet to see, but i'm honestly so worried that your opinions will hold weight because you'll receive sympathy for your naivety and someone internally will think 'Well it'll make him happy, he'll be really appreciative!'.

I said a long time ago that I had been on the forums for aaaaggggggeeeees and I had noticed your comments about wanting rifts to appear across the world, I have no idea if Klei took inspiration from you but it must have felt awesome to see that actually arrive! But... If they did take inspiration from you, I'd be remiss to point out that a broken clock is correct at least 2 times a day and some of your takes are detrimental.

It is insulting and paranoid to say one person is so ignorant that Klei might pity them with a update(s). I know how tempting it is to eradicate a contrasting/wrong opinion about something I like, but you have to let people be different/wrong. That's how I have ended up in the wrong before.

• Health 1

8 minutes ago, Ridley said:

It is insulting and paranoid to say one person is so ignorant that Klei might pity them with a update(s). I know how tempting it is to eradicate a contrasting/wrong opinion about something I like, but you have to let people be different/wrong. That's how I have ended up in the wrong before.

Fr sounds very patronizing. Idk if that's the right word.

21 minutes ago, Ridley said:

It is insulting and paranoid to say one person is so ignorant that Klei might pity them with an update(s). I know how tempting it is to eradicate a contrasting/wrong opinion about something I like, but you have to let people be different/wrong. That's how I have ended up in the wrong before.

I don’t let people’s insults get to me as much as I used to anymore, now days I just ignore the comments or react with emotes while trying to stay on topic.

In the case of this particular thread- it’s why I think bosses in DST are bad.

I pretty much expressed the “Whys” in the first original post, but now I’m exploring the “How’s” & the “What I think could be done to make it better”

not just for myself and my personal enjoyment of the game, but for Everyone who might actually want to enjoy the content without also having to “git Gud” and overcome stuff designed for multiple players to engage with together in a group.

My most recent Argument is Antlion, not because I find this boss to be particularly “challenging” heck next time I fight it I’ll just bring a Darksword and a couple cooked cactus flesh, some blue shrooms (for healing and lowering Sanity to keep Bernie active) I’ll also bring an extra Bernie so when one dies I can just deploy the second one, and I’ll bring 12 embers with me to combust him 3 times during the battle.

But that’s me, interacting with, dying to.. and then thinking what can I do to make this fight less annoying next time.

But Antlion is an excellent boss to discuss- BECAUSE you can obtain all of her Boss Loot drops by passively giving her trinkets, so you don’t even have to fight her to obtain the things you get from killing her..

You'll only ever fight this particular boss- If you enjoy the gameplay mechanics of the actual boss fight..

Which is why I was suggesting ways that it could be changed to be more enjoyable for a larger audience of players than skill threshold it asks you to overcome currently.

Im an experienced DS/DST player- I’ve got a general idea of what items I can bring along to make these multiplayer fights that are literally over in quick bouts when 2-3 players are hitting it, not be as much of a grind on my 2nd or 500th attempt at fighting them.

The thing is though: And the point I’m trying to bring up, is that shouldn’t this content be accessible to and enjoyable in some form or another for the less skilled or casual players?

Its not going to kill anyone if Klei created variations of these bosses (beginner, advanced, expert) that changed their gameplay mechanics up a bit-

(lower health, slower/or no healing, decreased frequency of attacks, or minion summoning or Higher frequencies etc..)

The only thing it MIGHT would do is take away from development time and resources that could’ve been spent elsewhere, but even given that.. Klei could just hire a few people to improve the QoL of previously released contents while the rest of them focus full steam ahead on whatever goals they have set for future updates.