Your Dont Starve Together Hot Takes

Both my hot takes are combat related.

• If you're struggling to fight creatures or bosses that were design in the 2014 hambat/football helmet era, you just lack the skills required to progress in the game, they are not "too hard for a solo player" or "not balanced", regular Don't Starve spoiled u with mobs too easy to kill.

• I've seen countless times people saying that wolfgang deserved to be nerf, is not that strong anymore or that he lost many of his previous abilities, when in reality, man's as strong as it can be without entering OP territory, tried him once in 2017, never picked any other character again.
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Skill trees are an incredibly good idea and are exactly what this game needs to make its characters more interesting, and the execution of that idea has been excellent so far (save for small odd choices like Woodie's quick picker stuff).

Wilson getting a skill tree as his "rework" and then it becoming clear that everyone's getting skill trees is just natural because Wilson has always been the basic character, and the fact that he has some moderately useful unique skills should be more than enough to keep Wilson-lovers happy since it makes him more unique than he's ever been without making him too much less basic.

The reason Maxwell is overpowered isn't because of any part of his kit, it's because he has everything he has and he makes Wickerbottom into a swap character when she's one of the strongest characters by herself. Her update actually buffed Maxwell as much as it buffed her just because he now doesn't even need her to replace books after using them up since the bookcase fixes them over time.

WX-78's character refresh is the epitome of missed potential because of how it encourages you to just pick a few circuits and stick to them. This results in almost everyone just running speed boosts all the time since they can't situationally switch to different ones without waiting over a day to recharge. WX-78 should either recharge faster or be able to eat electrical doodads to recharge, or both. Also, the electrification circuit should take up six slots (like the basic speed circuit) and give electric damage to WX-78's attacks rather than zapping enemies who hit the robot.

Wanda isn't overpowered, full stop. Her slower attack speed makes up for her high damage.

Klei should run one or two dedicated servers per region that have rifts enabled in the settings so that people without friends can experience them in a true multiplayer setting.

Toadstool is a fine boss mechanically, it just needs to have less HP or substantially better loot to be worth fighting. The funny fungus lights are barely even worth considering these days.

Fuelweaver is an agonizing resource sink with too few players and a trivial joke with too many, and I've never seen a good middle-ground between those. Cheesing him is the correct way to fight him solo. He should scale the frequency of his invincibility and healing phases with the number of players, making it way less awful to fight him solo and way less trivial to fight him with a full squad.

Bee Queen is another painful resource sink if you don't have the right characters (Wendy, Wickerbottom, Webber, etc) who have their own unique ways of making her an easy boss, and she could probably use a redesign. About the only character who has a fun and difficult fight against Bee Queen is Maxwell.

Ice-cold take that everyone agrees with: Crab King needs a complete overhaul like AG got, one focused on making him actually fun, because he currently isn't. 

I agree with pretty much all of this. 

Wes being a joke character feels like extremely wasted potential just to get a laugh out of it once and move on.
Also the game is devoid of meaningful choices, mostly because most weapons, armor, food and such are outshined on every part by better option without any tactical relevance (for example, stuff like gunpowder, traps, boomerang, whip and most darts are quickly found to be so inconsequential that they are not even memeable). The fact that bosses are so poorly balanced for multiplayer is laughable at best, with poor ai and no adjustements for multiple players, and most of them don't even have meaningful drops (talking mostly about Toadstool, Moose/Goose, Varg and Spider Queen, as they are the first that come to mind in this regards)

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, Bernado1 said:

Both my hot takes are combat related.

• If you're struggling to fight creatures or bosses that were design in the 2014 hambat/football helmet era, you just lack the skills required to progress in the game, they are not "too hard for a solo player" or "not balanced", regular Don't Starve spoiled u with mobs too easy to kill.

• I've seen countless times people saying that wolfgang deserved to be nerf, is not that strong anymore or that he lost many of his previous abilities, when in reality, man's as strong as it can be without entering OP territory, tried him once in 2017, never picked any other character again.

Only plays wolfgang, calls people out for having skill issues... not saying you're wrong but you gotta understand wolfgang makes the game easy mode. Playing wolfgang is literally playing solo DS with more shadow creatures (free fuel for wolf).

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Wilson got the short end of the stick when it comes to The Chracter Reworks. His "Rework" was more of a Skill tree testing + Daywalker Update.

I don't care about his gameplay, If people want him to stay simple then it's fine. The problem is how little polishing klei done with him.

Just look at Woodie and Wormwood, Aside from Wormwood's plant crafting, They both got a new, unique animation for their 3 new crafts. Guess what ? Wilson Has 27 unique crafts yet he go nothing. They just slapped some random recipes in his tree and that was it. It's like, unlike other characters, none of the things he got in his rework was really about him.

So there is my hot take: Out of every character in the game, Wilson got the Worst treatment from klei. Not only he got the Worst rework, He also got the Worst desined skill tree in the game, killing the only hope we had for him in just one update.

Edited by mkemal23
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Only plays wolfgang, calls people out for having skill issues... not saying you're wrong but you gotta understand wolfgang makes the game easy mode. Playing wolfgang is literally playing solo DS with more shadow creatures (free fuel for wolf).

Not really, we can't ask for a combat character to not be good at combat, I used to play wilson a lot (even considered myself a Wilson main during the "A New Reign" era), I killed every boss that came to the game until late 2017 only using Wilson, dark swords and LOTS of dragonpie, the game just became easy when I learned Kite mechanics and general gameplay, switching to Wolfgang was just a plus, everything I did with Wilson, Wolf did it better. At the cost of more sanity and food, but that became easy to deal with when I learned how to play him. And if were talking about easy mode dst, IMO Wanda, Maxwell and WX are just as strong if not better.

Edited by Bernado1
Misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Spooky 1

23 minutes ago, Bernado1 said:

Not really, we can't ask for a combat character to not be good at combat, I used to play wilson a lot (even considered myself a Wilson main during the "A New Reign" era), I killed every boss that came to the game until late 2017 only using Wilson, dark swords and LOTS of dragonpie, the game just became easy when I learned Kite mechanics and general gameplay, switching to Wolfgang was just a plus, everything I did with Wilson, Wolf did it better. At the cost of more sanity and food, but that became easy to deal with when I learned how to play him. And if were talking about easy mode dst, IMO Wanda, Maxwell and WX are just as strong if not better.

2x damage isn't just a plus. The downsides are minimum (basically just to make him have downsides). If we are talking about the new reign raid bosses Wolf is objectively easy mode end of discussion. You use half the materials and the fight ends 2x faster tell me that's not easy mode. But wilson mains are gigachads can't argue with that.

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

i would be happy if skill tree is unlocked to certain thing based on what the skill being unlocked atm. just like quest, achievements mod.
i really dont like that skill unlocked by doing nothing but stay alive for 5 days.
and its not permanent atleast its reset on every regeneration of that world/ hop to different server. or maybe reset when u repick to another character. 

Wendy is the worst character in the game and I want her removed, she just makes new players rely on abi to kill spiders and they don't switch to an other character, don't get good at the combat. And worst of all when there's any poll or anything about characters the people that barely know how to play the game (which isnt a crime in itself) pick wendy because they can only play her because otherwise they would die to 3 bees and she's the most popular character because of this

She also doesnt need to exist in terms of gameplay, all she does is 1.5x damage, where wolfg has her outclassed and he can even throw dumbells to kill hordes of monkeys, spiders, woven shadows

The only reason you would ever play wendy is if you tame a beefalo, but considering that wolfg still does more damage and can carry objects THERE IS NO REASON FOR WENDY TO EXIST

22 hours ago, Sacco said:

Maxwell should have a 1% chance of breaking his spine when picking things

maxwell should have a 1% chance to do a sick backflip and dab when picking up things and then get a +300% damage increase for 20s from rizzing up bosses

1 hour ago, mkemal23 said:

Wilson got the short end of the stick when it comes to The Chracter Reworks. His "Rework" was more of a Skill tree testing + Daywalker Update.

I don't care about his gameplay, If people want him to stay simple then it's fine. The problem is how little polishing klei done with him.

Just look at Woodie and Wormwood, Aside from Wormwood's plant crafting, They both got a new, unique animation for their 3 new crafts. Guess what ? Wilson Has 27 unique crafts yet he go nothing. They just slapped some random recipes in his tree and that was it. It's like, unlike other characters, none of the things he got in his rework was really about him.

So there is my hot take: Out of every character in the game, Wilson got the Worst treatment from klei. Not only he got the Worst rework, He also got the Worst desined skill tree in the game, killing the only hope we had for him in just one update.

wilson is supposted to be bad, he's the basic guy, for people to learn the game with

you need a basic guy for the others to feel special,

if you main wilson you intentionally choose to like the basic guy and choosing the basic guy then crying to make him not basic is a little hypocritical imo

• Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 4

57 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

2x damage isn't just a plus. The downsides are minimum (basically just to make him have downsides). If we are talking about the new reign raid bosses Wolf is objectively easy mode end of discussion. You use half the materials and the fight ends 2x faster tell me that's not easy mode. But wilson mains are gigachads can't argue with that.

TBH, having to deal with him being constantly well fed or you'll deal less dmg and take even more dmg yourself, is kinda high risk high reward, I've lost count how many times I almost died because Wolf just stop mid animation to become normal or fragile again, or just need 1 last hit when I got greedy and took the risk fighting toadstool. I don't think Wolfgang is the reason that some bosses are easy, they are just made with the 2014 playerbase in mind, when the game was still in it's infancy days.

All seasonal bosses are almost the same, hit-kite-hit, with just some caveats in the middle, raid bosses can be cheesed with bunnyman, pan flutes or just gathering enough gear to burn their health. Having a combat focused character do not skip the farming for materials, gathering of food, placement of structures and boss patern, it just helps on the 1v1.

But yeah, goin against Klaus with a giant beard and a footbal helmet was a boss move, and some people can even solo him with WES, those people are the true OGs.

Edited by Bernado1
Misspeling AGAIN .-.

4 minutes ago, Bernado1 said:

TBH, having to deal with him being constantly well fed or you'll deal less dmg and take even more dmg yourself, is kinda high risk high reward, I've lost count how many times I almost died because Wolf just stop mid animation to become normal or fragile again, or just need 1 last hit when I got greedy and took the risk fighting toadstool. I don't think Wolfgang is the reason that some bosses are easy, they are just made with the 2014 playerbase in mind, when the game was still in it's infancy days.

All seasonal bosses are almost the same, hit-kite-hit, with just some caveats in the middle, raid bosses can be cheesed with bunnyman, pan flutes or just gathering enough gear to burn their health. Having a combat focused character do not skip the farming for materials, gathering of food, placement of structures and boss patern, it just helps on the 1v1.

But yeah, goin against Klaus with a giant beard and a footbal helmet was a boss move, and some people can even solo him with WES, those people are the true OGs.

If you murdered everything (which is Wolfs specialty) you would always be well fed so not much risk. Also not any risk during raid bosses cause they are something you prepare for.

Well now he atleast doesn't take damage during mighty animation (*glances at splumonkeys*) and he's not a food burner like in ye olden days, so he is more "OP" than ever. Wes mains can punch misery toadstool to death, their strenght must be restrained.

• GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, Retepeter said:

wilson is supposted to be bad, he's the basic guy, for people to learn the game with

Can you show me where I complanied about him not being complicated ? Like did you even read my post ? I knew there was going to be a "Wilson is supposed to be basic" Argument. Thats why I started by saying:

2 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

if you main wilson you intentionally choose to like the basic guy and choosing the basic guy then crying to make him not basic is a little hypocritical imo

I'm going to Make this sound as basic as my english knowledge lets me:

I'm playing this character for almost for 7 years now, and That should tell you enough about how little I actually care about Wilson's gameplay. The problem here isn't "Why klei didn't made Wilson stronger" it's "Why klei focused everything except Wilson."

When the skilltree spotlight update dropped, Other Wilson players got mad, saying how the only thing that made him feel unique and special (the skilltree concept) is now taken from Wilson.

I don't agree with this argument. Yes, now we know that everyone is going to get a skill tree but that doesn't make his skill tree less special.

Now that you hopefully realize that I don't really care about balance side of things, lets make some comparison:

Spoiler

Unlike some other characters, Wilson did Not got a Rhymes with Play.

Unlike Wormwood's skill tree, Wilson's skill tree almost got no change.

Unlike Maxwells Rework, (Which had a record, 9 Hotfixes btw) Wilson Rework hotfixes didn't really changed any significant thing.

Unlike other characters, Wilson did not got his own themed title image or Update theme. It was mostly Daywalker's.

Unlike other skilltrees, Wilson's one didn't got polished as much.(stated above)

Unlike other 3 updated characters, Wilson did not got a Archaic skin. 

I hope now you understand that the issue is not really the gameplay. I actually prefer a really basic character than a complicated one becuse then nobody really can complain about my boy Wilson, Haha.

The Main problem is how klei handeled the rework. We already knew that they were tired of character reworks but goddamn neither Wilson nor the Wilson mains who have been waiting for four years did NOT deserved that update.

Edited by mkemal23
Tons of grammar mistakes.
  • Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 2

In public servers, The werebeaver is the worst were form, and ironically is only useful for mining. Woodie's axe is fast enough in public servers where people take the wood they need, and allows tree guards to spawn along with the ability to trim trees if they are not in syncronised growth stages.

Expand  

you need a basic guy for the others to feel special,

Read the first message in this post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

I only have one question, If Wilson was to remain unchanged in what he can craft or how his skill tree works, BUT Klei added a few tiny and cute animations (such as pouring two science beakers of two different colored chemicals together and then in a puff of smoke holding up a Golden Nugget in both hands in sort of a eureka I Did It moment.) would you still see his rework as being “bad”?

1 hour ago, Bernado1 said:

Not sure how Wolfgang works over on PC but his Rework on Xbox atleast made it so you could be on an completely empty stomach, starving to death and yet still top yourself off in Mightiness to dish out 2x damage. Because Might is no longer tied to hunger. Also he gains Mighty points not just from lifting weights, but also chopping trees, mining boulders, rowing a boat oar, I’m a Wendy Main.. and even I consider Wolfgang to be Easy Mode.

Just to remind everyone, please do not argue, judge, or give negative opinions on other people's posts. Your opinions are vaild but please just keep them to yourself if they are not positive to the person you are saying them to.

Edited by DownloadADuck
  • Like 3
  • Health 1

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I only have one question, If Wilson was to remain unchanged in what he can craft or how his skill tree works, BUT Klei added a few tiny and cute animations (such as pouring two science beakers of two different colored chemicals together and then in a puff of smoke holding up a Golden Nugget in both hands in sort of a eureka I Did It moment.) would you still see his rework as being “bad”?

His rework was really bad, but at this point, any change is welcome. So no, even If they just give him a new animation I would still be happy. (I also really like your idea.)

There is actually so much klei can do to make Wilson mains happy. Like restoring his old idle animation, Giving him new unique crafting animations and maybe even some skill changes would be welcome. Again, there is so much they could do but I we can't just continue discussing off topic stuff here. So maybe next time.:D

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

If you murdered everything (which is Wolfs specialty) you would always be well fed so not much risk. Also not any risk during raid bosses cause they are something you prepare for.

Well now he atleast doesn't take damage during mighty animation (*glances at splumonkeys*) and he's not a food burner like in ye olden days, so he is more "OP" than ever. Wes mains can punch misery toadstool to death, their strenght must be restrained.

I would say they don't offer too much risk because by now almost everything "normal" in the game is low risk for me (and many others), I know most attack patterns in the game, playing since 2014 game me plenty of experience to make my life easier with any character, because I learned by watching videos, playing, reading the wiki or just dying in general to get here. Wolf is just a character that enhances something that I'm already good at, I've seen new/intermediary players in pubs almost all the time in his weak form and beggin for food. Yeah, some characters have better abillities in certain parts of the game than others, but what makes the difference is the skill of the player using them.

Unless you're a Wes player, you're either a 10k hours god in the game, or juan.ernandes2009gameplays.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not sure how Wolfgang works over on PC but his Rework on Xbox atleast made it so you could be on an completely empty stomach, starving to death and yet still top yourself off in Mightiness to dish out 2x damage. Because Might is no longer tied to hunger. Also he gains Mighty points not just from lifting weights, but also chopping trees, mining boulders, rowing a boat oar, I’m a Wendy Main.. and even I consider Wolfgang to be Easy Mode.

Not for much time tho, maybe for like 5 seconds at best. Wolf's might meter decreases faster with lower hunger, Regardless of his state, if I'm correct, you get almost 300% drain if you're below 50 food, and this meter is worst every second you don't feed wolfgang, in the beggining, near his full hunger, it's nothing to worry about, but if you dont feed him as soon as he lift his weights, or just forgets to eat, man's gonna be a stick REALLY fast. And doin chores is not a good way to make him mighty, of course, you can delay his timer and keep him more in his strong form, just by doin normal stuff, but if you want to bulk up fast, you need to train, and eat A LOT after, even more if you choose this perk that allow you to push his limits.

Edited by Bernado1
Guess what ;-;

12 minutes ago, Bernado1 said:

I would say they don't offer too much risk because by now almost everything "normal" in the game is low risk for me (and many others), I know most attack patterns in the game, playing since 2014 game me plenty of experience to make my life easier with any character, because I learned by watching videos, playing, reading the wiki or just dying in general to get here. Wolf is just a character that enhances something that I'm already good at, I've seen new/intermediary players in pubs almost all the time in his weak form and beggin for food. Yeah, some characters have better abillities in certain parts of the game than others, but what makes the difference is the skill of the player using them.

Unless you're a Wes player, you're either a 10k hours god in the game, or juan.ernandes2009gameplays.

Not for much time tho, maybe for like 5 seconds at best. Wolf's might meter decreases faster with lower hunger, Regardless of his state, if I'm correct, you get almost 300% drain if you're below 50 food, and this meter is worst every second you don't feed wolfgang, in the beggining, near his full hunger, it's nothing to worry about, but if you dont feed him as soon as he lift his weights, or just forgets to eat, man's gonna be a stick REALLY fast. And doin chores is not a good way to make him mighty, of course, you can delay his timer and keep him more in his strong form, just by doin normal stuff, but if you want to bulk up fast, you need to train, and eat A LOT after, even more if you choose this perk that allow you to push his limits.

2x multiplier isn't no small enhancement especially when it comes to bosses with big hp.  You're saying some characters have perks that make them better at certain things. Im not arguing with that but i am saying Wolfgang is the best to fight bosses, and thats where the topic took off from. Also you really wanna stress that Wolfgang is only good at "some" things. What is there to be good at in this game? Fighting and Farming are the key elements and wolfgang is good at them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Retepeter said:

Wendy is the worst character in the game and I want her removed, she just makes new players rely on abi to kill spiders and they don't switch to an other character, don't get good at the combat. And worst of all when there's any poll or anything about characters the people that barely know how to play the game (which isnt a crime in itself) pick wendy because they can only play her because otherwise they would die to 3 bees and she's the most popular character because of this

She also doesnt need to exist in terms of gameplay, all she does is 1.5x damage, where wolfg has her outclassed and he can even throw dumbells to kill hordes of monkeys, spiders, woven shadows

The only reason you would ever play wendy is if you tame a beefalo, but considering that wolfg still does more damage and can carry objects THERE IS NO REASON FOR WENDY TO EXIST

Interesting. I guess then my hot take is that Wendy is the only original member of the cast who was even remotely well designed in their original iteration, aside from Woody.

Wilson, Willow and Wolfgang... are just boring. They don't fundamentally change how you play the game, just alter minor aspects like food/exercise and temperature for the most part.

Wx-78's mechanic of eating gears is unique, but also doesn't change moment to moment gameplay.

At its core, a Wilson will follow nearly the exact same gameply as a Willow, as a Wolfgang, as a WX-78.

Wickerbottom has her books but too many of them are too circumstantial while others are OP and just not well designed.

Wendy on the from the start has a wholly unique gameplay mechanic, meaning she can do something no other survivor can. She's a good resource gatherer and combat role, but in completely different ways to any other character in the game. She's Wendy, and no-one comes close to filling the role she does. Wendy can help replenish a Wortox's souls,  take out minions on bosses like spider and bee queens, provide her hex to Caster bosses like crab king and Antlion. Unlike almost every other base character, her gimmick allows her to be useful in a variety of situations. 

Wendy's reliance on beefal is to overcome her weakness, rather than to try to match Wolfgang in damage. Sure, Wolfgang excels in combat, but that's really all he does that's interesting.

(Personally I think Warly, Woodie, Maxwell, Wendy, Wortox, Wormwood, Walter and Wanda are significantly better designed at present than the rest of the cast, although Walter needs changes).

Can the character be a crutch for newer players? Absolutely, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Let them become used to other mechanics before becoming dependent on kiting.

21 minutes ago, Zima Blue said:

I'm slowly turning into a WX78 "main" but in my opinion, all of his skins are ugly I'm sorry :shock:

I'd be inclined to agree with you, as I'm going to be playing him in a friend group server soon. It REALLY doesn't help that you can't mix his skin easily like you can other characters.

Personally, I'd recommend a combination of the survivor and unfinished skin sets, as they can be mixed in with his base skin to suit your preferences.

Edited by WenericMember
  • Like 5

Can you show me where I complanied about him not being complicated ? Like did you even read my post ? I knew there was going to be a "Wilson is supposed to be basic" Argument. Thats why I started by saying:

I'm going to Make this sound as basic as my english knowledge lets me:

I'm playing this character for almost for 7 years now, and That should tell you enough about how little I actually care about Wilson's gameplay. The problem here isn't "Why klei didn't made Wilson stronger" it's "Why klei focused everything except Wilson."

When the skilltree spotlight update dropped, Other Wilson players got mad, saying how the only thing that made him feel unique and special (the skilltree concept) is now taken from Wilson.

I don't agree with this argument. Yes, now we know that everyone is going to get a skill tree but that doesn't make his skill tree less special.

Now that you hopefully realize that I don't really care about balance side of things, lets make some comparison:

Reveal hidden contents

Unlike some other characters, Wilson did Not got a Rhymes with Play.

Unlike Wormwood's skill tree, Wilson's skill tree almost got no change.

Unlike Maxwells Rework, (Which had a record, 9 Hotfixes btw) Wilson Rework hotfixes didn't really changed any significant thing.

Unlike other characters, Wilson did not got his own themed title image or Update theme. It was mostly Daywalker's.

Unlike other skilltrees, Wilson's one didn't got polished as much.(stated above)

Unlike other 3 updated characters, Wilson did not got a Archaic skin. 

I hope now you understand that the issue is not really the gameplay. I actually prefer a really basic character than a complicated one becuse then nobody really can complain about my boy Wilson, Haha.

The Main problem is how klei handeled the rework. We already knew that they were tired of character reworks but goddamn neither Wilson nor the Wilson mains who have been waiting for four years did NOT deserved that update.

I get that, I just don't get how you could keep him basic with a skilltree. I think the Wilson rework did what Wilson himself did, set the base line for characters, the fact that those other characters may be unbalanced is a different discussion

8 minutes ago, WenericMember said:

Interesting. I guess then my hot take is that Wendy is the only original member of the cast who was even remotely well designed in their original iteration, aside from Woody.

Wilson, Willow and Wolfgang... are just boring. They don't fundamentally change how you play the game, just alter minor aspects like food/exercise and temperature for the most part.

Wx-78's mechanic of eating gears is unique, but also doesn't change moment to moment gameplay.

At its core, a Wilson will follow nearly the exact same gameply as a Willow, as a Wolfgang, as a Wendy.

Wickerbottom has her books but too many of them are too circumstantial while others are OP and just not well designed.

Wendy on the from the start has a wholly unique gameplay mechanic, meaning she can do something no other survivor can. She's a good resource gatherer and combat role, but in completely different ways to any other character in the game. She's Wendy, and no-one comes close to filling the role she does. Wendy can help replenish a Wortox's souls,  take out minions on bosses like spider and bee queens, provide her hex to Caster bosses like crab king and Antlion. Unlike almost every other base character, her gimmick allows her to be useful in a variety of situations. 

Wendy's reliance on beefal is to overcome her weakness, rather than to try to match Wolfgang in damage. Sure, Wolfgang excels in combat, but that's really all he does that's interesting.

(Personally I think Warly, Woodie, Maxwell, Wendy, Wortox, Wormwood, Walter and Wanda are significantly better designed at present than the rest of the cast, although Walter needs changes).

Can the character be a crutch for newer players? Absolutely, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Let them become used to other mechanics before becoming dependent on kiting.

I'm not saying I hate the idea of Wendy, I think it's descent but in the current meta she's just a Wolfgang but for people that can't kite and in general I think her skill floor is waaaay too low

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Read the first message in this post.

I hope I wasn't coming off as too rude, I just wanted to start a discussion

• Like 2