Your Dont Starve Together Hot Takes

All child characters (except Wurt, gal is build diffrent) should have their health and damage reduced. There is no way youre telling me 10 yo sad girl have the same amount of health as a grown up. (Willow, Woodie, Warly etc).

I mean, Wickerbottom now have 125 hp instead of 150 cuz she is... old? why kidz are so op Klei nerf pls literally unplayable

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

All child characters (except Wurt, gal is build diffrent) should have their health and damage reduced. There is no way youre telling me 10 yo sad girl have the same amount of health as a grown up. (Willow, Woodie, Warly etc).

I mean, Wickerbottom now have 125 hp instead of 150 cuz she is... old? why kidz are so op Klei nerf pls literally unplayable

I always wondered why Wendy had the same health as a buff lumberjack

51 minutes ago, DownloadADuck said:

I always wondered why Wendy had the same health as a buff lumberjack

Yeah. Though in my opinion, Woodie should have even more health, and Wilson LESS than 150 cuz bro canonicly skipped gym classes.

However, we should admit in what direction DST is heading on right now. Everyone is reworked (except Wilson, Klei hate him so much they didnt even give him a proper refresh/rework) and wont get nerfed or changed in a bad way.  Everyone is strong now, and will become EVEN MORE powerful with their skill trees. So because of that, I think the era of nerfs are ended. No more topics about "nerf Wanda/Wolfgang/put character you never play but want nerfed here". 

20 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Yeah. Though in my opinion, Woodie should have even more health, and Wilson LESS than 150 cuz bro canonicly skipped gym classes.

However, we should admit in what direction DST is heading on right now. Everyone is reworked (except Wilson, Klei hate him so much they didnt even give him a proper refresh/rework) and wont get nerfed or changed in a bad way.  Everyone is strong now, and will become EVEN MORE powerful with their skill trees. So because of that, I think the era of nerfs are ended. No more topics about "nerf Wanda/Wolfgang/put character you never play but want nerfed here". 

Yea I just think it's funny

But I do hope klei doesn't let anything get too overwhelmingly powerful, to a point where it isn't fun for anyone 

13 minutes ago, Hungry French said:

Lore DST mismatches and confuses DS lore

I quite like how lore is established. However, there is an elephant in the room. Multiple of them, in fact.

1. Time/plane travel. Since time travel is cannonical now, with Wanda, Klei can do anything with the story. Same with Wortox, lil dude literally pulled out Terraria crossover for lolz. Speaking of which...

2. Crossovers. Im sure my opinion is unpopular, yet I will say - Crossovers makes no good to actual story/lore, I hate when companies do crossovers. They are only made to exchange playerbase to each other, and most things are often out of place.

3. Most of the newer skins are cringe and I have no idea how devs ended up adding them instead of finishing based collection, such as Survivor and Moonbound collection.

I mean, why we have mexican wrestler collection???????????????????

image.png.1bcd33e2e086d303e630ec0f5733b2cb.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Webber's rework was the worst rework of them all 

Now that is a hot take. I'm really interested to know why. Personally, I feel Wigfrid's rework was by far the worst.

All of her songs are simultaneously incredibly annoying to get while also being pretty limited in effect. The inspiration mechanic is also kind of annoying to use too, as you can't open a fight with it.

9 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

I quite like how lore is established. However, there is an elephant in the room. Multiple of them, in fact.

1. Time/plane travel. Since time travel is cannonical now, with Wanda, Klei can do anything with the story. Same with Wortox, lil dude literally pulled out Terraria crossover for lolz. Speaking of which...

2. Crossovers. Im sure my opinion is unpopular, yet I will say - Crossovers makes no good to actual story/lore, I hate when companies do crossovers. They are only made to exchange playerbase to each other, and most things are often out of place.

3. Most of the newer skins are cringe and I have no idea how devs ended up adding them instead of finishing based collection, such as Survivor and Moonbound collection.

I mean, why we have mexican wrestler collection???????????????????

image.png.1bcd33e2e086d303e630ec0f5733b2cb.png

4.Some parts of lore like Atrium and Ancient Fuel Weaver in DS don't even exist, which can be considered that DST is not canonical. Or the developers consider the true canon of DST. 

In general, DST feels like a requel, not a sequel.
Skins are canon by the way, because Wolfgang and Wendy were in the mini-comic in the skins

1 hour ago, Hungry French said:

4.Some parts of lore like Atrium and Ancient Fuel Weaver in DS don't even exist, which can be considered that DST is not canonical. Or the developers consider the true canon of DST. 

In general, DST feels like a requel, not a sequel.
Skins are canon by the way, because Wolfgang and Wendy were in the mini-comic in the skins

Not sure about skins being canon.

In roadmap 2023 art you can see Survivor Wolfgang (literally the best skin in the game, if you think otherwise your opinion is simply wrong) and Hallowed nights Wendy.

However, in that art you can also spot Wilson wearing both backpack AND armor (cringe), while Wendy is also... Carrying a knife? None of said things are possiable in the game. 

image.png.ea0facd7cd20bc033e8da0805935613b.png

Edited by Dragonboooorn
  • Like 4

On 11/1/2023 at 10:36 PM, DownloadADuck said:

I would LOVE to see this!! Maybe the first could give 20% then the next 15% then the final one 10% resulting in a 45% dmg reduction without armour

I also thought it would be nice if sainity one reduced negative sainity auras (or increased positive ones)

It gives a 2.2 sainity regen effect but it is too small. The mini circuit version could have the reduction too on a smaller scale.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 12:59 AM, Valase said:

I agree that the durability should be removed, as it feels very bad to swap circuits around because you always have the mentality of "it will break", or atleast give an option to repair them.

they can rise by a lot the durability. Atleast 20 uses would be fair, even if they make them more expensive i prefer that than recrafting them every few uses (imagine wasting a royal jelly just to get a 4 uses module...)

i like the idea of keep farming bio data but considering how long takes to scan a mob and how little durability modules have it discourage changing them often because you will fall in a grind fest. Why i would change my speed module for a thermal one if the time and slots i save would be wasted in scanning more mobs? (and i know you can make biodata farms but you still need other materials)

also, as others mentioned, nodules giving just stats is really boring and, in most cases, useless. Wx was the character with more potential and they came with a great idea from the community but didnt made it shine

12 minutes ago, arubaro said:

they can rise by a lot the durability. Atleast 20 uses would be fair, even if they make them more expensive i prefer that than recrafting them every few uses (imagine wasting a royal jelly just to get a 4 uses module...)

i like the idea of keep farming bio data but considering how long takes to scan a mob and how little durability modules have it discourage changing them often because you will fall in a grind fest. Why i would change my speed module for a thermal one if the time and slots i save would be wasted in scanning more mobs? (and i know you can make biodata farms but you still need other materials)

The best way klei could handle this is:

•Removing durability from the circuits.

•Adding more uses for biodata to compensate for that, whatever those uses may be. (Can still be linked to circuits)

This would make both bio data and circuits much better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The best way klei could handle this is:

•Removing durability from the circuits.

•Adding more uses for biodata to compensate for that, whatever those uses may be. (Can still be linked to circuits)

This would make both bio data and circuits much better. 

the fun part is that circuits require a wide variety of materials. Making them infinity is lame and adding something that require biodata just means that every few minutes you will scan sleeping bearger. I like to craft stuff in a crafting game

i prefer them having durability but lasting super long

that and a craft to recharge other than electric milk (without winona) made of volt goat horns and wx would be funnier for me

Edited by arubaro

I don't like d fly. It's not that i don't have fun or that it's hard. It's that i don't like prepping 15 pierogis early game. And she occasionally (kinda rare) spawns all her larva in front of the wall and it's bullscheize, which means i have to go through 2 more pierogis and 1 more armor.

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

the fun part is that circuits require a wide variety of materials. Making them infinity is lame and adding something that require biodata just means that every few minutes you will scan sleeping bearger. I like to craft stuff in a crafting game

i prefer them having durability but lasting super long

that and a craft to recharge other than electric milk (without winona) made of volt goat horns and wx would be funnier for me

Circuits breaking is not something that often happens. The only time they lose durability is when you die, or when you swap them. But durability heavily discourages swapping them. Often the only time people swap circuits, they wont swap them again for ages unless they are seasonal circuits.

Them having 20 uses would be enough for all your swapping needs you are right, but it still keeps that unessisary, and bad feeling of trying to switch circuits. You would still never have to make another stype of the same circuit that way, so it would be better to remove the durability.

This is starting to get off topic now anyway, i could make a WX thread to take all the wx discussion somewhere else. (I made one anyway)

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 1