Small Scrapbook Errors and Inconsistencies Thread

Nobody wants to make an entire thread for every single small inconsistency or error, so I felt like a thread would be helpful here.

Some creatures missing their sanity drain label and animals that can starve still use the rot symbol for how long they live without food

Spoiler

image.png.db458c928541e0989b5e0120b588fa22.png

image.png.7a001de678c196f23d34a3d9b98c591a.png

Many rain items use the clothing tab icon next to their crafting description (not inaccurate, more of a nitpick, but I think the rain tab should have higher priority when it comes to things like umbrellas, but maybe not with top hats, so it might have to be manually set)

Spoiler

image.png.fb93ed73b6a1f08ea15cb6edd74a0455.png

Items with internal health or damage values still show these values (could be kept if they want it to be an easter egg or red herring though, I suppose. It's kinda funny)

Spoiler

image.png.9de8e1e2b5077f33aad835447f772aa5.png

image.png.857fbb8aa28ea3fc51928b65be378843.png

Shadow Creatures can't be fully investigated as you can't inspect them, I think killing a creature should be enough

Spoiler

image.png.043b4da546fcf49957368240fc9c3f53.png

Some creatures have really odd picture choices (feel free to share any more you've seen, this one has 4 ears)

Spoiler

image.png.5779ce7ad9828991a82c429750a774a6.png

Here's a couple I've spotted.

Items consumable only by specific mobs show their stats

Spoiler

image.png

image.thumb.png.cee6504ad775b09fd0c00ddd1bbdb322.png

image.thumb.png.48fcebf857f8dfa87cdd38deeb10c980.png

There's no indication of any mobs different forms or attacks

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0e8bfbab86fccaa3bcefb0cc050e3c8e.png

Waterproof items display "stopped 0%"

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.73afb7409f5060a475a8aa1512f5c329.png

Some items have unfitting picture sizes

Spoiler

image.png.c73107b252671d238d0d599ebdd08dcb.png

image.thumb.png.5c48ee04acd4ef5d0a02105a4c4c8a3d.png

in my opinion not being able to get information on Terrorbeaks and Crawling Horrors in the scrapbooks can stay. It's a nice touch in making them more "scary" to new players, and makes them more mysterious.

Lucy has her chop usage and dmg mashed together instead of the usual seperate stats for chopping and attack dmg. Every other axe is consistent besides her, this may be intentional but I feel like it would make sense for it to tell that she has infinite uses as a seperate stat:

Spoiler

NoSeperateUsageStat.png.e9ac8bf455537be42a5237f3d463e287.pngDefaultAxeStatPlacement.png.ce1d91aa923fabcc58f8de177ad886cb.png

Willow's face is not correct in the craftable notes  section of "Willow's Lighter." Every other survivor exclusive crafts displays the correct face for each respective survivor except Willow:

Spoiler

WillowLighterRandomChar.png.42340301380aec683daa3cef0b127b47.png

11 hours ago, BezKa said:

1. It exists

Me when I’m in a “getting insufferably upset at optional features” competition and my opponent is a DST fan

I still don’t really get your issues with it, it’s not like it’s holding your hand. All it does is give you some stats. But that’s probably a discussion for another thread.

10 hours ago, Reiko24 said:

in my opinion not being able to get information on Terrorbeaks and Crawling Horrors in the scrapbooks can stay. It's a nice touch in making them more "scary" to new players, and makes them more mysterious.

I think for consistency’s sake it should tell you after you kill them, though if you want the mystery maybe it could take multiple kills before telling you?

While not the hugest thing in the world, I would like if the scrapbook would leave you in the tab you were in and kept the menu icons you selected instead of having to manually do it yourself. It's kinda annoying having to do all that stuff all by yourself.

21 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Items consumable only by specific mobs show their stats

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

image.thumb.png.cee6504ad775b09fd0c00ddd1bbdb322.png

image.thumb.png.48fcebf857f8dfa87cdd38deeb10c980.png

This is relevant information to the player! The time that mobs are befriended for is linked to the hunger value of the food you give them, so I believe this is relevant for befriending rock lobsters.

7 hours ago, sylvia wander o said:

This is relevant information to the player! The time that mobs are befriended for is linked to the hunger value of the food you give them, so I believe this is relevant for befriending rock lobsters.

That’s true for pigs and merms, but are a special case rock lobsters as they will follow you for six segments per gift regardless of what material they’re given. Besides, I feel new players will be confused trying to figure out how they can eat rocks

Not really an error, but I think it'd be cool to see a "?" in place of loot that hasn't been discovered yet

Spoiler

image.png.12ca1f3f21a9c6d7b07313fc4d98f209.png

This could use multiple "?"s in place of the gems and unique drops

Also an actual error, it says the Webby Whistle has 100 uses despite it having less.

Spoiler

image.png.440055f7c0bea8b5af29bd642027b668.png

Several mobs don't have their Planar Damage / Shadow-alignment listed, most notably the Ink Blights and Ancient Guardian, respectively, and the Deadly Brightshade seems to be completely absent from the Scrapbook. Grumblebees are associated with Stingers, even though they don't drop them.

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Pet Rock said:

despite not spoiling.

Or do they?

1 minute ago, Captain_Rage said:

The Crab King has 200000 hit points according to the scrapbook. This is misleading and wrong regardless how you spin it. xd

Hide contents

20230622034244_1.thumb.jpg.049e679181c720ca034f49d66753a00e.jpg

Seems accurate to me.

Is it also not associated with the Celestial Tribute?

On 6/22/2023 at 3:34 PM, bloopah said:

Grumblebees are associated with Stingers, even though they don't drop them.

Ackchyually, they do drop stingers, just at a very low rate.

Souce: Trust me. and the Wiki.

Reviving this thread because I've seen more inconsistencies in the latest beta, namely:

1. Deadly Brightshades aren't associated with the Lunar Rift or the plants it can harass, but the Ink Blights are associated with the Shadow Rift.

2. In fact, none of the new Lunar bosses are associated with the Lunar Rift, either.

3. And the empty Spark Ark isn't associated with the Lunar bosses.

4. The empty Spark Ark also isn't associated with the Ancient Guard Post.

5. The Ancient Guard Post isn't associated with the Sentrypede Husk.

6. The Ornate Pedestal isn't associated with the Iridescent Gem.

7. There isn't an entry for the Dreadstone Outcrop or the Nightmare Fissures.

8. The Queen of Moon Quay isn't associated with Bananas or dishes made from them, as well as any of the items of her Blueprints, or even the Blueprint item itself.

9. The sanity values of several hostile mobs with positive sanity auras describe them as "scary" even thought it should be "calming" like Glommer.

10. The Celestial Champion isn't associated with the Celestial Altars.

11. Stalagmites are associated with Ruins gems, even though they don't drop them.

I found a information in the Scrapbook, that I think is wrong (marked the wrong passages).

Tent:

"A survivor can use the tent at Dusk or Night.

Survivor recovers 2 Health per second and 1 Sanity per second but consumes 0.33 Hunger per second. It also reduces 1 Wetness per second and lowers temperature 1 degree per second down to 40 degrees.

Will cool the survivor's temperature to 15 degrees."

I think the temperature should rise to 40 degrees? And I don't know what these 15 degrees are (isn't this a thing in the Don't Starve DLCs with the Siesta Lean-To?).

Archived