Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2023

On 3/15/2023 at 2:39 PM, Malfario said:

wilson teach players light is an important thing to have and something worth prepare for.

Charlie teaches that on the first night, several minutes into the game. If after getting killed by the darkness, which is even announced in the chat, a player still needs additional guidance to understand that light is important, then they're either a newborn baby or severely intellectually challenged.

I think you are expecting wilsons rework to be a complete revolution for new players and a perfect tutorial of all areas of the game

A baseless assumption. I never wanted him to be a tutorial character, I wanted him to be fun. Klei claims he is a tutorial character, but they failed at reaching that goal. Now he is neither fun nor educational. Way to treat the main protagonist.

To conclude:

I think you are being toxic and I don't want to talk to you further.

On 3/14/2023 at 10:25 PM, Gi-Go said:

Finally! We can learn colors in dst! My 2 year old niece is gonna love this. 

Eagerly awating Klei's next smash hit, Count With Wilson!

Twoo dead survivors, ah ah ah!

Threee dead survivors, ah ah ah!

On 3/14/2023 at 11:43 PM, JoeW said:

easier to understand and harder to master..

If it's really okay speak out here, will put in my five cents:

The direction: "easier to understand and harder to master" definitely needs to be developed. Personally, I faced a huge problems with getting buddies to cooperative play (since I myself am a cooperative player; i can't play both DS and DST for long, and this prevents me from fully experiencing content presented in late-game stages (yes, I'm same oldie from DS-beta days, who hasn't killed Moon King or King of crabs just because if it takes more than 1 game year in solo - I too quickly lose interest, because of the monotony of gameplay, but that is my problem). These problems were due to the fact - that many of my friends, avid gamers with extensive experience in various sandboxes, think this game is simply not interesting (lack of the very "harder to master"), as only combat mechanics in game is a hit-and-run. Ping between host and player directly affects success of this strategy. A game in which only combat mechanics depend on ping so much for them "does not seem like the most effective investment of time". Combat for players, who havn't encountered DS before, is a key mechanic based on analysis of which they draw conclusions on the game. Perhaps, this is purely a problem with my communication bubble, or perhaps problem is broader than that. I don't know for sure. Just making an experience (maybe it will help someone).

My experience playing on public servers (alternative way to find a cooperative game, which I undertook) led to paradoxes such as "drop backpack - lost loot," or "came to server, which has already lived its conditional year - and it has been cleaned up and you can only building.

Therefore, if game will be a "guidebook" or "achievement system" or "integrated training" in process of which you get portions of information regarding game mechanics - it would definitely help as "clumsy" gamers like me sit in the game longer (and I really love DS and DST and would like become a "mega-base builder" or whatever veterans of 10k days survival become there, lol), as will break the content into portions that are actually consumed in a session. And what's more, it systematizes this information. As on the wiki or in video materials created by community is not always serve information in an acceptable quality and accessible to all. I think the developer will definitely be able to cope with this task, as in my opinion he coped with all tasks assigned to him (for which I would like say thank you very much <3)

On 3/14/2023 at 2:43 PM, JoeW said:

roadmap3.png

Anybody interested in a roadmap?

Who's bright idea was it to give the depressed girl a shank??? I question your motives Sr.

I really hope this is the year they add more difficult variations to the seasons after the first year all with new difficulties and mobs! So you never know what your gonna get Plz

I'm really excited about this year going forward! As always thank you Klei for all your continuing work and attention you continually add to this great game! Your phenomenal!

The road map says that their overall goal isn’t to make the game easier, but.. there’s a lot of previous changes that contradict that statement- such as including but not just limited to.. the New Craft UI Categories, there are literally tabs with a snowflake, Sun, & Umbrella that directly tells the player what items will be needed/can be used to help with these seasons. Things I had fun learning and enjoying for Myself back in the original DS Days where the only guides you had were the items laying around in Adventures mode that asks you to “Figure it Out for Yourself”

And your wanting the game to be easier for Newbies to pick up and play, I get that.. what I DON’T get is why you leave a hostile 27,500hp boss just chilling a few biomes away from the spawn portal that chases you down and pretty much insta-kills you. Dragonfly should NOT just be out in the open like that.. this is newbie Deathtrap 101 I’ve seen soooo many of my friends die just walking past this thing that.. perhaps a way of “summoning” it should be considered?

Theres also other changes like reducing the crafting cost of marble armors so you get twice as much for the price of 1, making cobblestone roads easy to craft, Day 1 Beefalo Mounts, Grass Boat Kits being available without Prototyping so you can just hop over gaps between biomes with ease cutting out any need to route around the water to find the entry point into the biome, Rabbit Ear Muffs & Fashion Googles no longer needing to be Prototyped, and that second one is pretty much on the same tier level as the top hats you have to go fight spiders and get silk for. Changed Deerclops fight so it’s easier to dodge out the way of its attacks. Added Salt Boxes to further extend the duration of food spoilage prevention.

like I said, A LOT of very clear “making the game easier” but.. I can play devils advocate too.

They’ve also added Nurse Spiders to Spider Queens, Added Varglet to Hound Waves, Increased the amount of Shadow Monsters that spawn at low Sanity. I would “prefer” to see a lot more Mid-Late game stuff Aka- New Seasons, or Season Variations, new challenges etc.. 

But I’d also prefer not having to stay in a world till day 300 or fight some obscure boss to enjoy that content either.

For example: I’ve only experienced the MoonStorm ONCE and that was only because I joined someone else’s world who had already completed the questline to activate it.

I feel like features like this would’ve been played & enjoyed more often if I could just Trigger it in World Settings.

Or the TL:DR- Faster Access to Mid-Late game New Gameplay Content.

And on that note: I’d love to be able to generate my worlds as being mostly lunar island and very little “normal island” as in- flip their generation in reverse: let the normal stuff be the small island out in the ocean, and let me spawn on a massive lunar.

In fact I want the Wilderness world Gen preset which says when you die you’ll Respawn in a random location in the world, I want that mode updated so you literally can spawn ANYWHERE in the world.. on lunar, on moon quay, in the caves etc.. Random means Random..

I feel like all of this is very relevant to this thread, because a “Roadmap” is discussing the future of the game- and I want to express my hopes/desires for the future of the it.

I really hope one of the core game enhancements is to cooking. Introducing gorge cooking mechanics with the oven, grill and cookware....being able to grind wheat, tap tree's, maybe milk beefalo???? will add an opportunity for so many more great recipes. I just really want to be able to burn food damnit! Lol

On 3/15/2023 at 2:17 PM, Ardcrumb said:

If I'm given the choice between wagstaff and Charlie I'm going wagstaff all the way, literally has w in the name

Sound reasoning my friend! I will follow your logic into the fray! Lol

On 3/15/2023 at 9:17 PM, Ardcrumb said:

If I'm given the choice between wagstaff and Charlie I'm going wagstaff all the way, literally has w in the name

This just reminds me of something i heard, people who have a w in their name are powerful and that's why they were dragged in and Wilson is the most powerful because his hair is a w and that's why he isn't on the chess board in the last scene of Encore

Hello Yall,
I'm trying to redeem the codes but no matter what I've tried so far. All (*"PARTNER"*) are not valid. What/where/how exactly can you redeem the codes now? Acc is connected to Steam and Nintendo. And links don't work either.
I just can't find any good information about it. Maybe it's Firefox? (will test this shortly)

51 minutes ago, Nanire said:

Hello Yall,
I'm trying to redeem the codes but no matter what I've tried so far. All (*"PARTNER"*) are not valid. What/where/how exactly can you redeem the codes now? Acc is connected to Steam and Nintendo. And links don't work either.
I just can't find any good information about it. Maybe it's Firefox? (will test this shortly)

@Mike23UaI have no idea what makes you laugh so much.But hanks for finding that funny. An answer, no matter which one, to my question would have been the nice way.
Are these codes a scam? :concern:
Greetings

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

the New Craft UI Categories, there are literally tabs with a snowflake, Sun, & Umbrella that directly tells the player what items will be needed/can be used to help with these seasons. Things I had fun learning and enjoying for Myself back in the original DS Days where the only guides you had were the items laying around in Adventures mode that asks you to “Figure it Out for Yourself”

What.

Ok... lemme say it... I WANT A WILBUR REFRESH! I want Wilbur in DST as the pirate king. And, just as the icing on the cake, i hope if this does happen, we get some changed up wilbur sprites.(like a combo of wonkey and wilbur)

On 3/18/2023 at 11:11 PM, DwerBomb said:

The end game is finally upon us.

We said that 4 years ago. We also said that when Fuelweaver came out.

DST is their moneymaker, I doubt the story is gonna end anytime soon (inhales copium)

13 hours ago, WONTow said:

DST is their moneymaker, I doubt the story is gonna end anytime soon (inhales copium)

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping the story gets wrapped up in an arc or two, as long as things are wrapped up in a satisfying way. (Seems like arcs are about 2 years long if RoT is anything to go off of)

I don't really want them to infinitely stretch out the story to keep the game 'alive'

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping the story gets wrapped up in an arc or two, as long as things are wrapped up in a satisfying way. (Seems like arcs are about 2 years long if RoT is anything to go off of)

I don't really want them to infinitely stretch out the story to keep the game 'alive'

Okay… but- answer me one question, if they decided to make a new Dont Starve game.. wouldn’t they need to continue the story?

I don't think it is their intention to wrap this story up in any shape or form. The lore of this game is intentionally vague, and even if we get some answers, there are still going to be questions remaining (or new ones to ask).

And I think that is great, this is what I love about DST lore, the element of mystery about it.

And with this, Klei can add stuff to the game pretty much infinitely and it won't ever feel bloated with content. It's just more to explore.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay… but- answer me one question, if they decided to make a new Dont Starve game.. wouldn’t they need to continue the story?

Don't Starve also had an ending, and they managed to make a sequel despite that - when I say wrap up, I just mean don't leave it at a COMPLETE cliffhanger. Don't Starve's ending was kinda a cliffhanger, but would've still worked without the sequel

4 hours ago, Roodmas said:

I don't think it is their intention to wrap this story up in any shape or form. The lore of this game is intentionally vague, and even if we get some answers, there are still going to be questions remaining (or new ones to ask).

I'm fine with a few more questions remaining, I just want to see the end of Wagstaff and Charlie's plots really, to see what they've been leading up to. The game's story has been going on for so long and there's been a lot of buildup in Return of Them and recent updates

Archived